Author Topic: why talk about enlightenment and then say there's  (Read 871 times)

NoDogma

why talk about enlightenment and then say there's
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:17:07 AM »

I am sure this question has come up before. I find it interesting that in the lessons of AYP, enlightenment is often talked of as THE thing to reach. and there is this forum talking about milestones to that. At the same time, it is argued that there's nothing like that :-)

SeySorciere

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:27 PM »
It's one of those great paradoxes. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:p]

Sey

BlueRaincoat

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
There is enlightenment, but I think it is a comparative, not an absolute term.
You can say you are more enlightened now than last year, but you can't say "that's it, I've now reached IT, I've not further to go."

So when people ask on this forum how many AYPers have reached enlightenment, nobody will put their hands up because the journey is not over, not as long as we're still alive.

I've actually wondered if it is even possible for any one human being to reach full enlightenment on their own. If we are all one, can a single individual be fully enlightened until all of us are?

Ecdyonurus

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »
Maybe it is like health: we all want to achieve and maintain good health, but the level of health can always be improved, the paradox being that even the human with the best health has to die one day...

Dogboy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:28 PM »
'Enlightenment', whatever that really means, isn't even on my radar. My practice is focused on the day-to-day, how I am feeling and doing based on experience. I have no expectation of progression on the path; it is best and easiest for me to be present in the present, to leave tomorrow for tomorrow.

Ecdyonurus

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

'Enlightenment', whatever that really means, isn't even on my radar. My practice is focused on the day-to-day, how I am feeling and doing based on experience. I have no expectation of progression on the path; it is best and easiest for me to be present in the present, to leave tomorrow for tomorrow.

Hi Dogboy, have the same opinion: I focus on present life, don't look for enlightenment. Equanimity in daily activity is on my radar. This does not mean that enlightenment is not important, it only means that for me it is not a relevant aspect on my current path. Maybe it will be in another life, who knows. [:D]

Dogboy

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 02:21:13 AM »
Yogani mentioned somewhere in these lessons (paraphrasing) you can't pull the seedling from the seed, but you can fertilize the soil, plant in a patch of ideal light, and provide water. What happens beyond that is no longer up to the sower. [8D]

cosmic

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:08 PM »
I bought a cup of yogurt because it read "Fruit on the Bottom".

When I got to the bottom, there was no fruit.

It was delicious.

[:)]

karl

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
We are all enlightened we just dont want to accept it.

machart

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 12:22:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

I bought a cup of yogurt because it read "Fruit on the Bottom".

When I got to the bottom, there was no fruit.

It was delicious.

I like that response...just enjoy what cards are dealt...but learn how to make the most of them...

Charliedog

• Be the change
    • Marjoleine Diemel
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 06:53:41 PM »
I love yogurt.......[:D]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:00:10 PM by Charliedog »

cosmic

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »