Author Topic: fragrance during deep breathing:  (Read 526 times)

NoDogma

fragrance during deep breathing:
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »
I mostly do (First) Kriya and a bit of AYP style .. not sure which forum to post this..

for past month or so, when I take 2-3 deep breaths (outside of meditation pose like when at computer or lying on bed or a short break while reading etc.), I smell this particular fragrance. I double checked my laundry detergent, soap, shampoo, carpet home/work, but none have that smell. When I come back to normal state of mind, the smell in the air is completely different. The fragrance is not one particular but a combo

I would love if this experience continues, even if it's just my mind playing games :-) Does it ? or is it just one of the scenery  things which disappear after a while ?

thanks much,
no-dogma

jusmail

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:46:53 AM »
The latter I suppose. Enjoy it though while it lasts.

NoDogma

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:32:58 PM »
I might be tuning in on some mild fragrance which is in the air here, but one that is at low intensity .. It's just that the fragrance is a composite of Sandle Wood and some wild weed used for cooling (water, rooms) in asia, and something else.

LittleTurtle

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:13:17 AM »
I've had this same experience for several years now. It does come and go and it appears to be caused or enhanced by pranayam so your deep breaths probably cause it to be noticed by you. I too used to go through all my cosmetics, shampoo, soaps, dryer sheets etc looking for the scent because I wanted to be sure. Then one day while out for a walk in the country it just showed up again and I knew it had to be from the nectar cycle that I had also been having i.e. the minty gut and sweet taste in the mouth during pranayams. I sometimes wake in the middle of the night with the intense scent all over my head so to speak and my finger tips also get it. It's a very nice milestone.