Author Topic: How many people have reached enlightment with AYP?  (Read 4393 times)

Bodhi Tree

• http://www.codyrickett.com
How many people have reached enlightment with AYP?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »
I have found the 3-layered template of causal, astral, and physical to be helpful. In some sense, Deep Meditation is going beyond all three to the omnipresent stillness which will always be. Spinal Breathing Pranayama is dealing with both physical and energetic bodies, because breath and life force are intimately intertwined. Samyama is drawing from causality because the release of sutras (seed ideas) has the co-creative power of manifesting desires.

So, all the bases are covered in AYP!

Thanks for posting that passage. I love that chapter. [8D]

BlueRaincoat

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2015, 01:26:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sprechnd
there no ultimate enlightenment because it keeps increasing forever?

I think that is a really good way of putting it.

Anima

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2015, 04:05:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sprechend
So the general consensus is there no ultimate enlightenment because it keeps increasing forever?

Eh. Could be!
[/\]

sprechnd

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2015, 04:37:28 AM »
Maybe it's like how there is also no highest musical note or highest frequency color or light because there can be an infinitely high frequency or waves per second. Just a thought, might not be relevant to enlightenment though.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:20:27 AM by sprechnd »

Chiron

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »
An enlightened person is somebody who can make their brainwaves halt and resemble the heart beat.  This is very clearly shown by an electroencephalograph.

More advanced practitioners who are not yet enlightened would display a high frequency of delta, theta and alpha brain wave patterns.

These studies have not yet been completed with AYP practitioners :)

Charliedog

• Be the change
    • Marjoleine Diemel
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 07:12:32 PM »
quote:
An enlightened person

In my opinion a person can not be enlightened. Enlightenment can be there ( but never comes to an end) but is not for the person and as soon as it is put in words it is not the freedom of enlightenment anymore, but it is a challenge to talk about it here..... [:I][;)][:D]

@ Sprechnd, I read an interesting book from A.E. Powell "The Causal Body", I found it on the internet, I read it in Dutch but if you are interested you can probably find it in English as well. Very clear written!  
I love the passage from The Autobiography of Yogananda too!

[3] [/\]

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
Dear Sprechnd, as a former member of SRF for many years, I disagree with the fundamental premise of the soul being "trapped" or "encased in" the bodies.  It involves a dualism which is also reflected in SRF's negative view of sexuality as anti-spiritual.  The SRF kriya practice works in a similar manner as AYP spinal breathing, but I find the AYP approach overall is more balanced.

Yogishammy

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
It's nothing to discuss. It's before the concepts. It's so simple. It's nothing.