Author Topic: 1 Year and 1 Month of AYP  (Read 741 times)

sunyata

1 Year and 1 Month of AYP
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:24:03 AM »
I have been practicing AYP for 1 year and 1 month. Just wanted to share my progress so far. My practice is very basic- 5 minutes SB, 15 DM and Samyama. I also listen to online satsangs, chant mantras and listen to kirtans in my free time.  I’ve had to experiment between twice a day and once a day DM. Once a day is working perfectly for me as of right now. I haven’t experienced many scenery in my meditation and not much of energetic activity either. What has changed is my day to day life and that’s what pulls me to DM every day.

Before AYP- I was always anxious, fearful and judging myself constantly. Now I’m more relaxed. I'm in a constant state majority of the day, not affected by things going around me. This is the total opposite of how things used to be, I feel content with what is. Don't really have any plans, don't expect people to change, not hoping to be somewhere else or be someone else, not waiting for what tomorrow may bring, not waiting for a promotion/to be recognized, not wanting for things to be different. Not sure what this state. Whatever it is, feels great

I’m not saying that everything is perfect. I still have my fears and doubts. But they don’t have a strong hold on me. Practicing Samyama on these issues always works. Things may change tomorrow and my mind may start to become noisy again.  As I practice, more hidden issues may come up.

Apart from all of these, AYP has made me a patient and loving mother. I’m pregnant with my second and have a toddler. My first pregnancy was tough as I was going through an initial k awakening. Most of the days I don’t feel pregnant- I’m in a state of well being taking care of my family and working full time. Yes and people have noticed a change and always ask what changed. I just let them know that I have been meditating and that’s the only thing that has changed in my life.

Thank You for listening to my ramblings. I’m not bragging but just pouring my heart out. Please feel free to correct me, give me your opinions. I’m really not sure where I stand in the stages of progress.

Last but not the least, my sincere thanks to Yogani, Kami, Shanti, Bodhi, Aum, Christ, Maheswari, Holy, Mr Anderson and the rest of the community  who have helped me through their writings and support.[/\]

Love,
Sunyata[:)]

Dogboy

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »
Congratulations, Sunyata, on your progress and growing family! AYP has helped me navigate the trials of parenthood and the uncertain territory of raising a special needs child and a typical preteen, by allowing my Witness to participate. Blessings to you!

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:39:54 AM »
[:X]
[3]

mathurs

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:30 AM »

Don't really have any plans, don't expect people to change, not hoping to be somewhere else or be someone else, not waiting for what tomorrow may bring, not waiting for a promotion/to be recognized, not wanting for things to be different. Not sure what this state. Whatever it is, feels great

[:)] Great! [/\]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:25:22 AM by mathurs »

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:21 AM »
Hey Sunyata

Congratulations! This is awesome progress. Sounds like things are going just how they should be. Felt very similar to this 1 year into my practices also.

Love,

J

Bodhi Tree

• http://www.codyrickett.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 04:53:45 AM »
Bravo, sunyata! Glad you are making such progress, and that you are comfortable sharing your experience on the forums. It's a pretty awesome exchange, isn't it?

Onward. Nothing to lose but those summertime blues. [8D]

maheswari

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 05:22:42 AM »
Dear Sunyata
Lots of progress indeed...so happy for you[:)]
I have to stay that I really enjoy reading your posts in the forums and I always feel that you are a very sweet, honest ,down to earth person
I said it before. ..i m saying it again..Sunyata is a very nice name/ word...it sums it all in a melodious sound vibration...another spiritual paradox ;-)
All the best

Yonatan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 07:46:27 AM »
That's great Sunyata [:)]

Love and Light!!

[/\]

AumNaturel

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
That feedback from your practices sounds wonderful, Sunyata.

Allow me to join in to say thank you to those people (including Christi) and the wider community for being there for others and sharing those journeys as they unfold. [/\]

Yogaman

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:46:28 AM »
That is great to hear. I am about 9-10 months into AYP and can say that I too have noticed a shift in consciousness, if not as dramatic as yours. It's kept me on a mostly twice daily routine the entire time.

Looking forward to hearing more as your progress!

kami

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 03:18:12 PM »
Dear Sunyata,

What a lovely post; so beautiful to hear of your progress. And absolutely fantastic news on Diwali about your growing family - congratulations!!!

We are so fortunate to be sharing this journey together, aren't we?

Much love to you.[3]

whippoorwill

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »
[3][3][3]

Anima

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »
[:I] Good, Sunyata! Thank you.

sunyata

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Thank You Dogboy-Couldn't agree more on parenting with the witness present.[/\] to you.

Shanti,Mathurs,Bodhi,Mr anderson,AumNaturel,Yogaman,Yonatan,whippoorwill & Anima...Thank You All[:)]

Maheswari- I really appreciate your encouragement and the sentiment is mutual[3]

kami-Happy Diwali to you as well!! Thank You for listening to my rants[:p].[/\] to you my dear.