Author Topic: "Strange Gurglings"!!?!!??  (Read 2092 times)

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
"Strange Gurglings"!!?!!??
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 02:12:29 AM »
Hi Katrine, thanks for sharing your wisdom and perspective with us. [:)]

I am in agreement with you about this being "just scenery".... hence the qualifier at the beginning of the original post about this not having anything to do with "enlightenment" and that I was just reporting a strange experience.  I actually debated posting this at all simply because I know from experience how easy it is to create expectations and a "hierarchy" from reading about others experiences on the path.  I ended up posting it just simply because I wanted to report it and perhaps document what preceeded my "explosion" should I happen to blow up (cause I kinda felt like that was going to happen [:p]).  What I *hadn't* really considered was that this was a symptom of being ungrounded.  Granted I did seem to be ungrounded directly after the conclusion of the retreat (blew up some electrical/electronic equipment....aaaagain [xx(]) but it had never occured to me that this could be a symptom of that.  This may not be surprising though considering my stubborn/hardheaded/slow nature and my personal tendency to only see what I want to see. [;)]  Hahaha.

Anyway, I truly appreciate you weighing in on this and I will make sure I take some time to actively ground.  The "high" is still here but it has lessened somewhat.... I predict that within a day or two I will wake up fresh as a daisy and as grounded as my "forest." [8D]  And the weird stomach sensations seem to be much less then yesterday which is a relief.  Thanks again.

Love!
[^]

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »
That's great Carson, thanks for the feedback [:)]

Glad you are looking to proper grounding. And please also remember that I am speaking from my perspective which is totally biased by my experience....he he.....yours might be different and just as valid......so thanks for not minding the "mothering" [8D]

Tibetan_Ice

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
Quite quickly I noticed that I was locating the mantra at the third eye and that the usual "tingly sensation" I feel there during most practices was rapidly turning into uncomfortable pressure.

Hi Carson, :)
 My question is this: Why do you think you were experiencing pressure at the third eye?
 Most nights, when I lay in bed before falling asleep, my brow turns into a high pressure magnetic hole. I love the feeling. It grows and moves around. Sometimes it feels like it distorts my whole face, like my face is being pulled apart by very strong magnets. Like my forehead and nose are melting into my cheek. It is something that I've grown to love and look forward to.
Also, that pressure is sort of a barometer. Sometimes it starts up on it's own, like when I and reading the Dalai Lama's books, or something I'm very interested in. Also, it occurs if I really relax my face and just let go.
Do you think the pressure is bad or detrimental?

Here is what Samuel Sagan says about pressure in the third eye:
From "Awakening the Third Eye":
quote:

10.7 The pressure in the eye becomes uncomfortable
In some cases the pressure in the eye can become uncomfortable,
bordering on a headache.
What happens? A mixture of different factors can be envisaged.
• You are grasping.
It has never been suggested that you concentrate on the third eye,
but just that you keep an awareness of it. Yet it is very easy when
fighting to remain in the eye to start grasping the eye instead of
being just aware of it. An unnecessary tension is generated, that
can turn into a kind of headache.
So if this happens to you, the first thing to do is make sure that
you keep a gentle awareness, and do not force anything.
• The energy is trying to pull you upwards and you are
unconsciously resisting.
From time to time as you practise being in the eye, your
consciousness will be lifted up, from between the eyebrows to
above the head. This is very natural, and is due to the close
connection that exists between the third eye and the crown
Chapter 10 – A Few Experiences on the Way
centre, at the top of the head. When this happens, just let
yourself be pulled upwards, and enjoy being above the head for a
while. Then come back into the eye once the experience is over.
In the beginning it often happens that you do not recognize the
‘pull’ and that you unconsciously resist, forcibly maintaining
yourself between the eyebrows. Your very determination to
remain firm in the eye, an aspiration which is right,
unconsciously makes you resist the natural flow of energy. The
result is very simple: a headache.
What is to be done? The answer is obvious: change your focus for a
while. Move your awareness from between the eyebrows to above
the head. The excess of energy accumulated in your head will be
released upwards.

Thought you might be interested to know that.. It would seem that by focusing on your solar plexus, you released the excess energy there instead. Intuitively, I think you are lucky you didn't activate the fire aspect of manipura, which potentially could have caused spontaneous combustion.
From the wiki:
quote:

Function Manipura is considered the centre of dynamism, energy, willpower and achievement (Itcha shakti.), which radiates prana throughout the entire human body. It is associated with the power of fire, and digestion. It is also associated with the sense of sight, and the action of movement. Manipura is "the center of etheric-psychic intuition: a vague or non-specific, sensual sense of knowing; a vague sense of size, shape, and intent of being."[1] As such, some psychics recommend "listening" to it since it may help in making better decisions in one's life on many different levels.[2]

Through meditating on Manipura, one is said to attain the siddhi, or occult power, to create and destroy the world.

[edit] Association with the body The position of Manipura is stated as being either behind the navel or the solar plexus. Sometimes, when it is located at the navel, a secondary chakra called Surya (sun) chakra is located at the solar plexus, whose role is to absorb and assimilate prana from the sun. Being related to the sense of sight, it is associated with the eyes, and being associated with movement, it is associated with the feet. In the endocrine system, Manipura is said to be associated with the pancreas, and the outer adrenal glands; the adrenal cortex. These glands create important hormones involved in digestion, converting food into energy for the body, in the same way that Manipura radiates prana throughout the body.

So, your experience kind of makes sense to me. You transfered the buildup of energy to your solar plexus and it affected your digestion system.

Just another point, in the book called "The Chakra Bible" by Patricia Mercer, it says this about the Solar Plexus Chakra:
quote:

associated endocrine gland
Manipura directs energy to the islets of Langerhans situated in the pancreas, which produce insulin to lower high blood sugar levels, and also glucagons to raise low blood sugar.

Did you stimulate your pancreas into producing glucagons? Is that what caused the sweet minty taste? Probably. You skyrocketed your blood sugars, which accounts for the "waisted" feeling the morning after. And yes, the white drops flow down from the crown.

link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20547661
quote:

We report that glucagon, which plays important roles in the maintenance of glucose homeostasis, enhances sweet taste responsiveness through local actions in the mouse gustatory epithelium.

I'm just watching out for you, you know.. :)

:)
TI

And for what it is worth, in my humble opinion, it's all not just scenery. You can really hurt yourself if you don't know what you are doing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:08:34 PM by Tibetan_Ice »

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
Hi TI [:)]

With regards to the third eye....
I don't *Know* the reason there was pressure at the third eye, but I would suspect it is has something to do with my personal "matrix of obstructions" and how that affects the flow of energy in the body.  Like you it is common for me to have a lot of sensation in my face from the intense vibrations felt at the third eye and it is usually not uncomfortable.... but this particular time there was *too much* pressure.... it was very uncomfortable and I have had the energy get stuck in my head before.  I have no desire to go there again.  I have gone through periods of getting very long migraine like headaches (up to 10 or more days straight) where I am basically useless simply because I pushed things and didn't pay attention to the way my body was reacting to the internal energies.  The choice to move my attention to the solar plexus was simple self-pacing.  If that had not have helped, I would have stopped meditating all together (at least for the rest of that practice).

About the minty "taste".... as I explained in one of the above posts, the mint thing is not a "taste" for me.  It is a *sensation*... There was no physical taste at all (which indicates to me that it has nothing to do with blood sugar levels).  Just a sense that there was a column of "emptiness" running from the stomach up to my nostrils and that the walls of this column were "painted" with a mint-like substance that was giving me a sensation of "cool vibrating warmth" from my stomach to my nose.  

This "episode" is still continuing today.  There is a LOT of air that is constantly being "injected" (not sure what other word to use here) into my stomach and intestines.  There hasn't been much of an increase in burping or farting though, which I had anticipated.  I've noticed that there is some sort of correlation to practices, as well as a corrolation to tantric sex and to eating (there is an increase in pressure during each of these situations).  What I have found to be a big help in alleviating some of that pressure is standing on my head (in sirsasana).  So I am making time, a couple of times a day, to stand on my head for a few minutes to help with the bloating sensations.  Seems to help.  The mint sensation is still there if I focus on it, but it is not as "prominent" at this point, and I have been waking up with a bit of the "stoned" feeling, but that isn't as bad as it was for the first few days.  I'm just making sure I take a little bit of extra time after getting up before I start my practices since if I go directly into them now I will lose consciousness very quickly.

Anyway, thanks for watching out for me brother... I appreciate it.

Love!
[^]

Louie

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:07 AM »
I can relate to this.

My guts are gassy pretty much all the time now. I gets rather embarassing when I am in my cubicle at work and I have to keep passing gas.

I also know what you mean by minty sensation. If I take a deep in breath I get a tngling in my sinuses that feels like I have a Halls cough drop in my mouth and the vapors are going up my nose. There is no smell or taste. It just has the same feel to it.

Someone mentionned inution earlier. My intuitive knowledge has exploded in the past few months. I wrote another post about it before I saw this thread, so I will only summarize here. I feel like the different layers of my mind are becoming blurred. Sometimes my body talks to me about what it needs. Sometimes my soul talks to me about what I need to do to move forward in my life path. This comes in the sudden knowing that I need to do something. It has taken some time to get used to, but I trust it now.

Some days I feel like I am living in a science fiction movie.

LittleTurtle

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:37 AM »
Manigma, I get the "reverse" of this. Like spontaneous kapalbati. Usually while reclining before sleep. Feels lovely like an orgasm in the belly. This has been happening for about six years now.

maheswari

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 10:03:44 PM »
had to dig this old thread cause this is what is happening over here too
now continuously my GI is gassy...i am not eating veggies and fruits cause first im inclined to eat heavier food and second because when i go to the toilet in the morning the defection is different as if i have diarrhea but  in reality i dont have diarrhea (sorry for the crude impolite words but there is no other way to express it)
there is sometimes light nausea
the bloating is felt more during eating...also during eating i feel the energy from the root up to the belly (nothing too unpleasant)..as if the energy is eating the food so to speak
if i happen to be late for my meal i feel the energy more..also i feel tensed and light headed..
after eating i m ease...grounded
also now there are all kinds of pains in the body that come and go...sometimes in the lower back (again nothing too unbearable) and in the last few days i am having unusual pain in the neck and shoulders
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:05:22 PM by maheswari »