Author Topic: "Strange Gurglings"!!?!!??  (Read 2091 times)

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
"Strange Gurglings"!!?!!??
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Okay.  I didn't really want to post this in the "Enlightenment Forums" because I don't really know how this experience pertains to "Enlightenment," but the sub-text under "Enlightenment Forums" says "reporting experiences along the way" which is exactly what I am doing here.... simply because this is incredibly strange.

I've read Yogani's lesson on "Strange Gurglings" ( http://www.aypsite.com/plus/51.html ) several times, and even had my share of gurgling belly during practices (including the minty sensation) before, but this was much more pronounced than anything I had ever considered to be possible and it seemed to be "triggered" by something I had never consciously considered could stimulate such a dramatic physical "movement."

I was doing my practices this afternoon (which in this practice was 5mins SBP, 20mins DM, 10mins Samyama and a 20min rest) and I had just finished pranayama.  I took about a minute to transition into DM and then I started to repeat the mantra.  Quite quickly I noticed that I was locating the mantra at the third eye and that the usual "tingly sensation" I feel there during most practices was rapidly turning into uncomfortable pressure.  So I decided to move the mantra location down to the solar plexus ala "Solar Centering"  (http://www.aypsite.com/plus/368.html).  What happened next is incredibly weird.  With the very first mantra repetition I had 4 or 5 deep inhales happen in my belly..... just like I was swallowing air.  Except I wasn't swallowing air and I hadn't even taken a breath. When this happened it caused some very loud, very physical sounds to happen (intestinal noises) and I nearly jumped out of my seat.   I have no idea where the air came from, but once the gurgling stopped it felt like there were 4 or five very large "bubbles" stacked on top of each other in my stomach.  It was actually borderline uncomfortable as I felt like I had the classic "Buddha belly."  I decided that it wasn't *that* uncomfortable, just more sorta weird, so I continued on with my meditation.  Right away I started to get "the minty sensation" starting in my belly and all the way up to my nostrils.  I couldn't *taste* it, but it was a palpable mint sensation from my belly, all the way up the spine and into my mouth and nose.

The "swollen belly" thing is still here, as is the mint sensation and I am about 2 hours out of meditation.  I guess this isn't out of the ordinary based on the "Strange Gurgling" lesson, I was just surprised by the sheer physicality of the air movement, as well as the fact that it was pretty obviously (to me) stimulated by the practice of solar centering.

Edit:  I almost forgot... right after the gurglings ended I got some incredibly weird ear popping stuff happening.  Every time I moved my jaw my left ear popped.  Wasn't expecting that!  

Love!
[^]

*NOTE* It should probably be mentioned that I have just come home from the 3 day retreat at Mt. Mary's in Ontario and that my "energetic sensitivity" is most definitely heightened right now because of that.

jeff

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:37:51 PM »
Sounds like a big cycle of nectar flow...[:)] See if you also notice increased intuition for the next few days.  Maybe play some board games with friends.[:D]

Wish I could have made the retreat.

Peace & Love.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:48:23 PM by jeff »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
I agree with Jeff...

quote:
Sounds like a big cycle of nectar flow...

I went through the excessive soma effects for a while too.
Had taked about it here
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=5395

quote:
A few months back I went through a phase of increased soma production (after every meal and meditation had a feeling of being gassy, bloated), and this would be accompanied by the production of large amounts of amrita. This lasted for about two or three weeks after which I have been experiencing a constant flow of amrita. There is a sweet very slightly minty taste in my mouth all the time.. which increases with meditation, energy practices and kechari.

It was also followed by an amrita high....
[:)]

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:16:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
What happened next is incredibly weird.  With the very first mantra repetition I had 4 or 5 deep inhales happen in my belly..... just like I was swallowing air.  Except I wasn't swallowing air and I hadn't even taken a breath.

Has anyone experienced this kriya in reverse?

Instead of having a swollen belly, the belly contracts / compresses within without exhaling or taking any breath.

[:D]

CarsonZi

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:48:57 AM »
Hi Jeff, Shanti, Manigma, thanks for conversing [:)]

@Jeff...  Well, I don't know about increased intuition (yet??), but what I do feel right now is basically a really weird sensation in my stomach (not totally bloated but almost more like I have something growing in the 6 inches below my sternum), and I feel kinda like I smoked some really good bud.... I woke up this morning and felt STOOOOOONED.... could hardly open my eyes.  Have since drank a large coffee and feel a bit more balanced now, but I still feel pretty "high."  I've also noticed that both my nostrils seem *extremely* open/clear and that there is a sensation of getting much more air intake with each breath.  Almost like I could take a 10 minute long in-breath and never completely fill my lungs.  And the minty sensation, starting in the stomach and going all the way up to my mouth and nose is still there too.  Not as strongly as before I fell asleep last night but it's still there... especially if I focus on it.

@Shanti... I guess where the experience here differs from what you are talking about is that I had an assumtion based around the wording commonly used when describing "amrita."  It's usually talked about like there is a "dripping" of amrita from the head downwards and that there is a "taste."  I don't "taste" anything and I don't feel like anything is "dripping."  It feels like there is something minty rising up from my stomach up into my mouth and nose, and it is not a taste, it is a sensation.  Not sure if I just had a preconcieved idea about what Amrita would be like, or if I am only just beginning to experience "the nectar cycle" and that I have not yet experience Amrita or what is going on.  Doesn't really matter either way I guess.  The experience will continue to evolve (or not) as it does.  Don't really have much of a desire to "define" it.  Just more reporting about it I guess. [;)]

@Manigma...  I guess I didn't really describe the "swollen belly" thing very correctly when I said it felt like a "Buddha belly."  It's definitely not the "lower belly" that is swollen, the "swelling" is in the 6 or so inches directly below the sternum.  And the lower belly is actually more contracted then it was before (sort of a natural uddiyana bandha).  To be totally honest, my belly looks pretty weird right now.  Hard to explain, would be easier to take a picture and post it.... if that was possible on the forums (which it isn't [;)])

Thanks again for the conversation everyone.

Love!
[^]

jeff

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:47:54 AM »
Carson,

As you said, just enjoy it and go with the flow...  [:)]

Like everything else it will stabilize.  In addition to feeling it in the stomach & nasal/throat, you may find it feels like a drop of water out of the top of you head.  Do me a favor, see if you can catch one in a bottle.  I have been trying with no success for a while.[:)]

Peace & Love.

CarsonZi

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:36 AM »
Hi Jeff [:D]

Well, I certainly have plenty of "sensation" at the top of my head... but to me it feels like there are ants crawling around in a circle on top of my head (or something to that effect).  That's the funny thing with describing sensations through words.... it is always subject to personal conditioning.  How one person describes something could be completely different from how another describes it... and it could be the exact same thing!  I'll see if I can catch one of the ants for you though. [:o)]

Love!
[^]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:54 AM »
Keep reporting!!!

maheswari

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 05:36:21 AM »
quote:
Keep reporting!!!

yes ...let us witness[;)] the enlightenment of CarsonZi[:D]

jeff

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 05:59:34 AM »
Carson,

The "ants crawling around" is crown activity and different than the drop. In the nectar cycle, the top stuff is often called Ojas. Excess Ojas feels like a drop of rain landing on your head, rolling down your hair. When you feel it, you will probably look up, wondering where that bird is...[:)]

All good stuff...[;)]

CarsonZi

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »
Hi Jeff [:)]

Does that mean you *don't* want one of my ants? [:o)]

Love!
[^]

jeff

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 08:17:49 AM »
Carson,

If you can bottle it, I definitely want one.[:)]

Just make sure that big bird doesn't eat any of them.[:)]

Peace & Love.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:25:24 AM by jeff »

bewell

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
In Strange Gurgling Yogani writes:  "prana is being drawn up from your pelvic region into the digestive system, and air is being drawn in to mix with the prana."

Thanks for sharing, Carson.  I really resonated with what is happening in your body:  as I was reading my mouth got all minty, and my stomach area, around the diaphragm felt full with prana.  Have not noticed any "gurgling" though.  

Yogani also wrote this:

"We witness the transformation going on within through our refining senses. In time, the distinction between the body and the witness (our pure bliss consciousness) becomes blurred. They become one continuum. This transformation is as much biological as it is spiritual. The two are aspects of the same reality. So, we should not be surprised as biological transformations occur in us in connection with our journey."  

Beautiful.   May the blurring continue!

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
@Manigma...  I guess I didn't really describe the "swollen belly" thing very correctly when I said it felt like a "Buddha belly."  It's definitely not the "lower belly" that is swollen, the "swelling" is in the 6 or so inches directly below the sternum.  And the lower belly is actually more contracted then it was before (sort of a natural uddiyana bandha).  To be totally honest, my belly looks pretty weird right now.  Hard to explain, would be easier to take a picture and post it.... if that was possible on the forums (which it isn't [;)])

Yes, a photo would be better. You can upload one on your site or flickr / imageshack and paste its link here.

[:D]

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
Hi Carson

Thanks for sharing.
And glad to hear you are home safe from the retreat, if not quite grounded yet :)

I know very well the sensations you are describing, the minty feeling stayed with me for years and it would occur anywhere in the vicinity of the spinal nerve and the GI tract. I could "taste it" in my heart, the belly, the back, the head. Occationally it can still be here - usually in my chest. It is like having taste buds everywhere.

Breathing through the cells of the body is also a common experience here. It is not really breathing air, it is breathing the prana component in it.

Before becoming properly grounded through my shift (back from cloud 9) in Ireland last summer I would daily experience myself existing without breathing physical air. This would happen also when I was walking/hiking...the body seemed to do fine without air, just prana. However - it was a strain on my lungs, the "existing on prana" had me poorly grounded and I would easily slip into extatic states and stay there for days. I would often have a dry asthmatic cough because of it.

So regarding your experiences I have only one sharing:

No matter how ecstatic, weird or blissfull it is, it is still just scenery. From my own mistakes of paying it to much attention over the years, or not taking the signs of this particular type of overload/ungroundedness seriously, I learned the hard way that the energy component in the "waking up to ourselves as we are"-process is not to be regarded as a "high degree of enlightenment" - it is simply just something that happens on the way.

The real essence/ongoing/ evolving result of the path is something completely different and much more down to earth. It is not ours to have.

It is simply ordinary wise actions for the benefit of all. In order for this to reach its full potential, all the rest has to be let go of.

I am not saying you are not doing that, in fact I know the letting go is happening as you write your sharing, thanks so much for taking the time to share.

My heart goes out.......to everyone really........ because I know how tempting it is to make these experiences something to ponder or otherwise get "sanely" lost in. Don't. Simply take the signs of excess energy/ symptoms/being "high"  as a message to either cut down on practices and/or make sure you ground.

Maybe walk your lovely lively dogs, hug your forest, dance with Amrita, do the dishes, be with D.

Big hug
Katrine

PS. The belly thing...here....the sensation of too much energy (there is always more...and still more) is still slowly (or not so slowly) changing into more and more presence being the main component in the "sensation" of the ongoing flow. In other words, in my experience..all the energy symptoms become less and less prominent, and the main power is the presence...no matter where in the body it seems to manifests (as energy moving) to a greater degree. So...no matter how ecstatic, if I do not allow myself to focus on it, I am able to stay fully conscious and still through it all. The presence allows for more wisdom to come through. If I am still I can constantly hear it, if I am moving with the energy...I get lost in it. So stay here. Stay home.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:57:58 PM by Katrine »