Author Topic: problem with pranayama  (Read 909 times)

nearoanoke

problem with pranayama
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
Hi,

Meditation is easy and interesting to do. But pranayama seems to be tough for me. Following is my problem with pranayama. any help would be appreciated

my Inhalation is fine and deep
On exhalation, once i pass the crown and go down and reach heart area (in my back/spine), there's temptation to simply dump the breath down there and start fresh with the next inhalation.

God might not always give you what you WANT, but he will always give you what you NEED
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 03:36:14 PM by nearoanoke »

Richard

problem with pranayama
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 08:45:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Hi,

Meditation is easy and interesting to do. But pranayama seems to be tough for me. Following is my problem with pranayama. any help would be appreciated

my Inhalation is fine and deep
On exhalation, once i pass the crown and go down and reach heart area (in my back/spine), there's temptation to simply dump the breath down there and start fresh with the next inhalation.

God might not always give you what you WANT, but he will always give you what you NEED

HI seems to me that you are trying to force a sensation to travel up and down your spine. Forget that and instead of making the mind follow the breath just let the breath follow the mind. [;)]

Try traveling mentally up and down the spine, sort of with your eyes shut look at the base of your perineum and then travel all the way up to the third eye and all the way down again letting the breath follow, it doesnt matter how fast or if you feel any sensation or not that will come in time.

Blessings [:)]

RICHARD

Locrian

problem with pranayama
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 04:01:41 PM »
I think Richard is right, because I tend to really attach my thought to the sensation as well and have been through periods of "dumping it" where it stopped.
Discipline is probably the simple answer to that.

Namaste