Author Topic: Just a game (monopoly)  (Read 645 times)

11jono11

Just a game (monopoly)
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:20:36 AM »
Om, Blessings, Love. Just thought I would share something before I forgot it, if anyone wants to chime in you are more than welcome.

I was "working" at the hospital I work at (where else? [:)]) the other day, playing monopoly with a staff member and one of the patients.

At first I felt very detached from the game also I wasn't doing so well, I ended up in jail almost 3 times in a row!! [V] , oh dear. This didn't help with getting myself involved. Then the game started to pick up, I had all of the reds, the train stations and most of the other properties + I won a load of money!! [:)] , things were looking up [:D]. I started getting more involved in the game, looking across at all of my possessions, winnings, everything I had accumulated, I was on my way.

Then the staff member said "It's getting close to 8 o'clock, we'll have to pack away", suddenly I was back in the "real world". Everything that I had earned, everything that I had won, all of my possessions, my whole monopoly empire, my life, suddenly meant nothing, lost all significance, lost all value, myself as the monopolist no longer had any attachment to any of what had been earned and won, it was seen as just stuff, beautiful, but empty [:)].

A smile came across my face as I looked at it all, I was packing away, realizing that there is no difference between "my" life and the monopolists life. I was identified with someone playing a game within a game, how absurd, how ridiculous, how funny. The monopoly money I had been winning, the properties I had acquired all drew me into the game more and more, just like the possessions and money of the "real" world, until something said, "It's getting close to 8 o'clock, we'll have to pack away" = This place is a dream, only a sleeper considers it real, then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief ~ Rumi

This is just a game, we are misidentified with the player and one day in one moment we will fully realize this, see all of our so called possessions and earnings for what they really are and pack away, with a smile on our face.

Hope you have enjoyed reading this, "I" thought "I" would share "my" mini revelation and a beautiful example of how we can use every moment to awaken, how the One, is always gently shaking itself, waking itself up.

Om, Blessings, Love. [^] xxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:23:23 AM by 11jono11 »

LittleTurtle

Just a game (monopoly)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »
Hey, great post![:)]

Cordes

Just a game (monopoly)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
Wow. That's a great way of explaining this all, thank you for sharing!

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Just a game (monopoly)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
Lovely. [:)]
Thanks for sharing.

“After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.” — Italian Proverb