Author Topic: How do you combine AYP/kriya technique and Jnana?  (Read 593 times)

11jono11

How do you combine AYP/kriya technique and Jnana?
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:16:53 AM »
Hello, I have just been initiated into Kriya Yoga through Gurunath, which i had been waiting to receive for a few months, additionally I have recently been really appreciating Eckhart Tolle, Adyshanti, Mooji and all the Jnana, Non dual self inquiry out there. A lot of the time these teachers advise that there is no need to master a technique or meditation etc and that (rightly so) we are already enlightened, we just need to realise it, realise our oneness. When reading Adyshanti's book lately (Emptiness dancing) I have felt I have really been getting somewhere, but there is no real technique to enlightenment in his (and a lot of others) teachings, in fact, the way I interpret it, believing you have to do something to realise yourself, in a way is seen to reinforce the mind, give something the mind to hold onto.    

My question is if it's possible at all, how do you maintain Jnana yoga practice while intently using techniques?

Does this make sense?

+ Also just a wondering, has anyone ever heard of someone becoming enlightened or having a partial awakening through simply reading a masters work?  

God bless :)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:19:04 AM by 11jono11 »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:00:50 AM »
Hi Jono,

Adyashanti teaches two practices for becoming enlightened. One is Zazen, which he calls "true meditation", and the other is a method of self-inquiry. I think he discusses both in his book called "True meditation". Other terms for zazen are "taking the one seat" or "just sitting". Eckhart Tolle teaches a body awareness practice for awakening spiritual energy, and even Mooji has said that if you feel drawn to spiritual practices then you should do them. So even the so called Jnana yogis are not always that exclusory when it comes down to it.

Kriyas are just methods for purifying the mirror, so that we can come to realize the truth of our being. Kriyas purify the body, meditation purifies the mind. Then, when the mirror is clear and the fruit is ripe, Jnana helps it to drop. In truth, it will drop anyway, given time.

Christi

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:12:21 AM »
You can read up Lesson 327  – The Evolutionary Stages of Mind
Lesson 329  – Pitfalls of the Mind
Lesson 334  – Advaita (non-duality), Free Will and Karma
You can check the other lessons in which Yogani talks about Advaita and practices in the topic index:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/TopicIndex.html

Hope these help.[:)]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:13:02 AM »
Christi and I cross posted. [:)]

11jono11

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »
[:D]