Author Topic: Awareness!  (Read 5799 times)

Parallax

Awareness!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Ananda,

I'm half way through the book and love it. His stories are great and I love his sense of humor. This is a real gem. Thanks again.

Peace & Namaste

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Awareness!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
hi Parallax[:D],

good to hear that you benefited this much; some of my other friends have really benefited a great deal from this book and i still do recommend it heartily.

take care bro.,

Ananda

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Awareness!
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 05:47:13 AM »
Thank you Ananda and Shanti for the introduction to Anthony De Mello. I downloaded his free audio tracks and have really enjoyed listening to him, a very remarkable speaker![:)]

Ananda

Awareness!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »
you are most welcome dear Anthem.

love

Konchok Ösel Dorje

• http://www.vajrayoga.org
Awareness!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 10:38:02 AM »
Awareness is the key that unlocks your inner Buddha.

JDas

• http://www.examiner.com/x-1443-Philadelphia-Yoga-Examiner~y2008m10d20-Here-we-go
Awareness!
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 09:06:13 PM »
All those gurus!! Flavors galore! Makes my mind crazy. Good words, nice words, soothing words. But makes me realize much to my chagrin that the guru is in me, not them. they might give me a nice feeling, a momentary arrest of the suffering, but the answers are not from without, but from within. this rocks, doesn't it??!!

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

My favorites are Samarpan , Maitreya Ishwara, Gangaji, Papaji. They are some more, but they mostly don't have any English translation. The vids on the site are mostly belingual with English and German. Watching one or two in weeks or months always gave me some special hint that was perfect for that moment in time. Seems like it's the same with your book. Also books like -the power of now- come like a hammer on your head =)

miguel

Awareness!
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 03:55:32 AM »
Hi JDas.

quote:
But makes me realize much to my chagrin that the guru is in me, not them

It is good,doesnt it JDas?

quote:
the answers are not from without, but from within

They are like a finger pointing at the moon.They are only a bridge between your mind and your real self.
Hope it helps a little.
[:)]Of course,the guru is in you.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:46:49 AM by miguel »

AYPforum

Awareness!
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:30 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Ananda

Awareness!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »
Awareness, awareness, awareness[:D]

it really works my brothers and sisters.

emc

Awareness!
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 10:38:09 AM »
I have just managed to come out from a weekend intense with Mooji, visiting London. Awareness, huh? Made me wonder... a lot of people got up there and claimed to not only sense the nothingness but to be as nothingness... I didn't feel very much stillness or energies from more than one of those up there, who got the place go really deep... Was it mostly pretence from their side, or is it possible to go into full Oneness as Awareness and not have your kundalini going? It seemed so strange, but that's of course only from the perspective of my own experience, that one can be able to go into that Awareness beyond consciousness (=stillness in action, witness state) and not have any energetics or other experiences going with it... nobody spoke of bliss, beauty or love or seeing myself everywhere, oneness, being the Ocean or the other stuff I experienced, and that others report of frequently here... just "nothing"... and perhaps Joy and peace... beyond the sense of I AM... Hm... [?]

And he did speak about people who have had clarity, but have fallen back to mind identity (I, d entity[:D])... that the next jump over to clarity might not be perceived as the time before... That made me wonder if I might have built extreme expectations based on my former switch of identity of what it's like, and are dismissing anything that is not anything like that? Do you see what I mean? But then I see that's a ridiculous thought, since Home is probably instantly known as Home when at Home as Home no matter what...  hahaha! He also spoke of someone who had had clarity, but too soon, had a lot of sh*t bubbling up afterwards, patterns taking over, and jumping into clarity again... and so forth, and eventually Mooji saw that she was just addicted to getting the high of awakening... then he quit bothering about her... That scared me properly, I tell ya... there might be "hopeless cases" sort of... just saw myself being that miserable case for eons of time...[B)]

Mooji was a hoot, though! Really nice guy! Great to see him holding the totality, after only having seen the short clips on youtube.

For me, it was mostly a test to see how the new grounding would hold in that environment. It worked very well, compared to before! I only flipped once, minor flight, over in a few secs, and luckily with crown downwards and not upwards, and that's when he said "Some beings are so tired of experiences..." and I didn't really hear the rest... hahahaha! Must be this being, then! [8D] I thought my bhakti would get spurred, but didn't seem to work like that this time. We'll see where it goes from here. I came out of it more convinced than ever that I am so far only into non-relational inquiry and keeping up the self-inquiry in order to find and identify with awareness will take a great initial effort from the mind-identity until it sets off in any relational one, going easier and easier by itself, as both Mooji and Yogani explains. And right now, I'm far too lazy to put any effort into the spiritual journey at all... (I see a trillion Agent Smiths and I give up immediately.)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:53:16 AM by emc »

christiane

Awareness!
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 03:20:21 PM »
ahhh...expectations and lazy bhakti!
maybe it's a phase that has its own teachings..
Sometimes, the 'spiritual taste' comes back
through a tiny unexpected event..
Meanwhile, awareness awareness .. [:)]

Ananda

Awareness!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
sweet emc[:)], thk you for sharing some of the fruits of your wkend with mooji.

just reading that post of yours made me think wow this lady is going way too much in and off mind patterns... that makes a person very tired chill out a bit...

i personally do experience a lot of the energetic stuff and ecstasy but to be honest they seem to be just experiences and i don't care much about them nowadays no matter what the amount of ecstasy is.

where as with awareness\\stillness it's clarity of mind plus peace and relaxation sort of a fresh breath of air.

all i can say to you is just be quiet and don't identify with your thoughts just be still be aware and let that samyama thingy take over.. just let go..

darn it i feel like one of those guys who are speaking with others from another planet nowadays and i don't mean you here emc.

oh and in case you haven't you should read this book by Anthony De Mello it will shake u up and you seem like someone who needs some shaking up and spicing and i hope that you are still taking your dose of daily practices "DM in precise."

and concerning them expectations well if you keep on having them and building on them in your thought well that's where you'll lead yourself "the way you think you become" so why not think happy thoughts[:D] you'll become a mooji yourself in time don't worry about that just let go and enjoy the present moment it's all we have.

love u sista[:X],

Ananda

emc

Awareness!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
Thanks, Christiane and Ananda.

Thanks for advice, but that's just jada jada, you know. I understand you mean well, it's just all you say have been said from this person too to others for so long, it's pointless having it coming in. The knowing of it is there, the ability to live it is not.

quote:
just reading that post of yours made me think wow this lady is going way too much in and off mind patterns... that makes a person very tired

[^] You got it! I hate this journey, going from the deepest Nothingness to stubborn mind, in and out like a maniac. Wouldn't wish it for my worst enemy. I guess I'm the only one who can cope with this sh*t, and that's why I was considerate enough to save you all from getting this lot. The first day I met Mooji, I was in openness - just being love, spaceous, peaceful. He passed by, gave me a hug, big smile and said "Great, great, very great". The next day, Agent Smith had the grip, strongly having a mental chaos inside... Mooji spotted me, came up and asked how I was and gave me the greatest stabilizing love boost...

Don't have any wish to read anything. It's just to practice to stay aware that's left, and I don't have the inclination or ability to do that at the moment.

quote:
if you keep on having them and building on them in your thought well that's where you'll lead yourself "the way you think you become"

I know. See where the despair comes from? I'm done. I'm smoked. The journey is going backwards here due to that. I could just as well quit it all and wait for evolution to highten the frequency of this consciousness and let others do the job of having it happen slightly faster...

Ananda

Awareness!
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »
i've been where u're at before emc, nothing to do but surrender.

just let go of the quest and all of those mind games for now and things will take care of themselves.

just relax and live your life enjoy the normal stuff give yourself a break and instead of satsangs go to a spa or...

just take a break[:)]

emc

Awareness!
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »
Thanks, ananda. I feel your good intention and am grateful for your kind words! Unfortunately, there has never been any enjoyment of anything ever here. This negativity is the normal (mind) state. I came out of my mothers womb and refused to eat for the first five years of my life, and the protest has been going on ever since... (which is interesting, because a baby IS still Oneness, before conditioning hits it, and this being just didn't like to keep the body going from the start... they had to force feed me).