Author Topic: Living the realization  (Read 804 times)

emc

Living the realization
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »
As soon as there is any story or concept attached to what timelessly is - it IS no longer, since the one telling the story has jumped in as some sort of divided separated actor of the play, bringing a time and space definition to it as well as personalizing it. What is simply is, and there's noone there to experience it as a personal happening. It is spirit experiencing through the senses. An immediate experience of what is, saluted by the whole universe.

A realization or insight is worth nothing if it can't be lived. And it is only lived in the Now, the present moment. Otherwise it immediately becomes a story of the mind who takes credit for a "spiritual experience" or even worse a "spiritual achievement": "This happened to ME." "I managed to reach THAT state."

The noble art of self-inquiry has led me to an approach of radical honesty with myself. In that honesty it becomes more and more clear that one key to stay present is to allow the mind to think whatever it thinks. It is extremely rapid in defining itself as the center, being the doer, taking the credit for having achieved a certain state (which is impossible, but the mind is convinced that's how it happened). The key is to allow those thoughts and see through them instead, not to drop into living as the thoughts, but to stay open and be the living Truth.

It is not easily done with a mind that disguises as bhakti! [:)] There it comes, dressed as the 'spiritual seeker' who is approaching something glorious, still very far away and rare. The longing for IT is creating the greatest distance to it, because it is a 'person' who is longing. It is the identity of "being the seeker" that prevents  openness to the Now, which is always there within reach, since it is what we ARE all the time.

All the beautiful memories of earlier experiences or previously lived states in higher energies etc are worth absolutely nothing. They are stories and belong to the past. What's left is merely a model in the psyche of what was, and hardly even that beacuse there is no memory in the Now, so what is stored from those moments of presence?

Living as a conscious timeless being, in oneness and grace... So simple, and yet so tricky...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:57:44 AM by emc »

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Living the realization
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:34:16 AM »
Beautifully put into words EMC. Thank you.[:)]

So true.. the experience of Now cannot be expressed in the Now.. its only later can you say.. wow that was awesome. During an experience of Now.. there is no "I".. no peace, no pain, no identification with the self.. there is really nothing.

I wonder how people who live in the "Now" all the time, manage to talk about it. In order to talk about it.. don't you have to be out of it?

These moments of the now.. are they what people call samadhi?

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
Living the realization
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »
Hi emc and shanti

Emc wrote:

quote:
The longing for IT is creating the greatest distance to it, because it is a 'person' who is longing.

And yet.....
It is possible to disidentify from the longing......and it is still here. There is something about the longing that propels one into contact with ones self. As such...the longing is both....a little inner voice that won't let you get satisfied with anything other than truth itself; and also always an immediate result of having separated oneself from truth.....of having identified completely with the presonality.

quote:
It is the identity of "being the seeker" that prevents openness to the Now, which is always there within reach, since it is what we ARE all the time.

Yes....it is such a paradox. "Being the seeker" is not really true, is it? There never was a seeker.......only seeking. And then I identify with that seeking. Just as I identify with everything else. The dynamic of this is exactly the same wherever I go. And yet - wherever I am...I am.

To BE a seeker is a contradictory statement. You either just are (I am)....or you add onto it anything at all. This "adding onto" is the veil. Once I stay with myself; once I stay quietly inside; it is also possible to see myself in everything else. Everything is, after all, what I am. Not as the form, but as what shines through it.

Shanti wrote:

quote:
I wonder how people who live in the "Now" all the time, manage to talk about it.

Could it be that they actually don't talk about it? Is there really "pople" in the now.....
There is talking happening, of course.....but people?

quote:
These moments of the now.. are they what people call samadhi?

Well...nothing is outside of now. And it is the presence of myself that is the realness of the now and all it includes. It varies, though......how deep the perception of now is. When do you start calling it "samadhi"? I certainly wouldn't know.

All I know is that NOW is preciousness itself.

emc

Living the realization
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »
"Everything is, after all, what I am. Not as the form, but as what shines through it."

... what shines through it AND the form. Haha! [:D] It is such an astonishment that FORM exist at all!!! It's really a miracle that something comes out of nothing.

It's amazing to look into someone's eyes and meet yourself looking back. Itself is seeing itself, and the recognition is so sudden, surprising and hilarious. People are not really people, as you say! It's somehow a very fragile, transparent form of... me... appearing as different people, although really not divided at all.

"a little inner voice that won't let you get satisfied with anything other than truth itself"

Ah, yes... and it's the same with the longing for a partner... is it that little inner voice saying "merge, merge, close the circuit and unite" or is it the person feeling lonely, longing for a partner who is believed to reduce a feeling of separation? Tricky indeed.