Author Topic: Want to delete myself  (Read 1775 times)

Bodhi Tree

• http://www.codyrickett.com
Want to delete myself
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »
I echo Anima's sentiments, which are very hopeful. Suffering is the raw material we can refine into liberation. Wishing you the best on your path, Joseph.

joseph

Want to delete myself
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 02:16:11 AM »
Cheers Anima Deorum, Bodhi Tree,

I was aware Huxley was friends with J. Krishnamurti, but not the others. I think the both of them had felt that state. This passage must have been written from experience.

What I've been thinking about is how these states are possible in the first place? There is never an answer to that. There is support here though - lucky to have found that, I suppose..  [:)]

joseph

Want to delete myself
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »
Half four in the morning, I'm wide awake. [:o)]

We want to see God, and when we hear of some path and embark upon it and run, sprint even, instead of walk, we have little idea what we're setting ourselves up for.

This excerpt from The Doors of Perception should serve as another caution, for myself and others like me.

"    The literature of religious experience abounds in references to the pains and terrors overwhelming those who have come, too suddenly, face to face with some manifestation of the Mysterium tremendum. In theological language, this fear is due to the incompatibility between man’s egotism and the divine purity, between man’s self-aggravated separateness and the infinity of God. Following Boehme and William Law, we may say that, by unregenerate souls, the divine Light at its full blaze can be apprehended only as a burning, purgatorial fire. An almost identical doctrine is to be found in The Tibetan Book of the Dead, where the departed soul is described as shrinking in agony from the Pure Light of the Void, and even from the lesser, tempered Lights, in order to rush headlong into the comforting darkness of selfhood as a reborn human being, or even as a beast, an unhappy ghost, a denizen of hell. Anything rather than the burning brightness of unmitigated Reality–anything!   "

I'm going to stay in the comforting darkness and if one day it suddenly turns to Light it will have nothing to do with me [:)]

Stay safe on the path..

Anima

Want to delete myself
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 03:51:50 AM »
It hurts in the darkness, but that too, will break apart. Guru knows. Keep the faith!
[3]

joseph

Want to delete myself
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:50 AM »
Aye, guru knows, and everything will happen in it's own good time [/\]

AYPadmin

Re: Want to delete myself
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  2:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Found an excerpt to describe the alone state mentioned. From Huxley's novel "Island":

" "No escape," he whispered, and the words confirmed the fact, transformed it into a hideous certitude that kept opening out, opening down, into depth below depth of malignant vulgarity, hell beyond hell of utterly pointless suffering....

....Immortal in its pointlessness, suffering would go on forever. In all other respects one was grotesquely, despicably finite. Not in respect to suffering. This dark little inspissated clot that one called "I" was capable of suffering to infinity and, in spite of death, the suffering would go on forever. The pains of living and the pains of dying, the routine of successive agonies in the bargain basement and the final crucifixion in a blaze of tin and plastic vulgarity-reverberating, continuously amplified, they would always be there. And the pains were incommunicable, the isolation complete. The awareness that one existed was an awareness that one was always alone. Just as much alone in Babs's musky alcove as one had been alone with one's earache or one's broken arm, as one would be alone with one's final cancer, alone, when one thought it was all over, with the immortality of suffering. "
Go to Top of Page
Anima
484 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  7:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Joseph,

That's beautiful prose to illustrate your feeling. Thank you.
Suffering can give us courage.It's a unique gift to work through those storms. We can always see storm clouds on the horizon.

Did you know Aldous Huxely was close friends with great and spiritually-minded people, including Swami Prabhupada, who founded ISKCON, and Christopher Isherwood, the acclaimed novelist? He also was friends with a swami at the Ramakrishna monastery in California for many years.

Friendship is always here.

Go to Top of Page
Bodhi Tree
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  10:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I echo Anima's sentiments, which are very hopeful. Suffering is the raw material we can refine into liberation. Wishing you the best on your path, Joseph.
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  11:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Cheers Anima Deorum, Bodhi Tree,

I was aware Huxley was friends with J. Krishnamurti, but not the others. I think the both of them had felt that state. This passage must have been written from experience.

What I've been thinking about is how these states are possible in the first place? There is never an answer to that. There is support here though - lucky to have found that, I suppose.. 
Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2015 :  11:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Half four in the morning, I'm wide awake.

We want to see God, and when we hear of some path and embark upon it and run, sprint even, instead of walk, we have little idea what we're setting ourselves up for.

This excerpt from The Doors of Perception should serve as another caution, for myself and others like me.

" The literature of religious experience abounds in references to the pains and terrors overwhelming those who have come, too suddenly, face to face with some manifestation of the Mysterium tremendum. In theological language, this fear is due to the incompatibility between man?s egotism and the divine purity, between man?s self-aggravated separateness and the infinity of God. Following Boehme and William Law, we may say that, by unregenerate souls, the divine Light at its full blaze can be apprehended only as a burning, purgatorial fire. An almost identical doctrine is to be found in The Tibetan Book of the Dead, where the departed soul is described as shrinking in agony from the Pure Light of the Void, and even from the lesser, tempered Lights, in order to rush headlong into the comforting darkness of selfhood as a reborn human being, or even as a beast, an unhappy ghost, a denizen of hell. Anything rather than the burning brightness of unmitigated Reality?anything! "

I'm going to stay in the comforting darkness and if one day it suddenly turns to Light it will have nothing to do with me

Stay safe on the path..
Go to Top of Page
Anima
484 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  12:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It hurts in the darkness, but that too, will break apart. Guru knows. Keep the faith!

Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Aye, guru knows, and everything will happen in it's own good time
Go to Top of Page
khechari
Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  01:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Read this just now. Can relate so strongly!
This nagging feeling of existence which is the constant companion is the major source of suffering.
Deleting/destroying this nuisance seems most desirable, but also dissolution and bliss as the result of this delete.
Go to Top of Page
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1151 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  01:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I would say it is not a deletion of existence that is required but an embrace - a love of all that is and all that is not.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  04:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Aaaah, nothingness