Author Topic: The Tower of Order is falling  (Read 836 times)

Pheel

• http://www.aypchina.com
The Tower of Order is falling
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »
Dear fellow travelers,

I'd like to share my current experience/phase. Life recently has been showing me the discrepancies between my (and other ppl's) ideas, concepts, and intellectual frameworks and reality....It is everywhere...

When this discrepancy is first encountered, confusion arose (they still come every once a while), then disbelief, doubting of everything, of every dearly-held thought and belief. The doubts extend to the previously sacred spiritual realm, even questions like "Is this all real, or another futile dream?" frequented.

Gradually I came to realize that this is not about any particular thing/event, or belief system, intellectual framework...Because whatever concepts/frameworks/systems are used, or however they are modified, they are shown to be different from reality. There seems to be a ubiquitous and thorough-going discrepancy between the world of the ideas and reality.

The world is now orderless when the Tower of Orders starts to fall away from it. Ideas are now just functional¡­the blame on them for not being true to reality starts to fall away, too, because ideas are just ideas. They are just like the myriad things in the world, they just lay there in the same space that hold the things.

The shining tower made of jewels of the mind is collapsing, leaving the lone mariner paddling aimlessly in the dark night of the ocean, alone, and knowing that it's absolutely necessary to fare along, alone, without seeking any "light house" anymore.  

Intuition says perhaps it is the light-less and order-less vastness that is the source of freedom¡­I allow myself to not know, and just paddle on¡­

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:31:07 PM by Pheel »

parvati9

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:47:49 AM »
Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts  [3]

love
parvati

Anima

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:38:55 PM »
Excellent, Pheel. Thank you.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »
Thank you Pheel, beautiful post.

I find too that as I stay connected and interacting with people and the world that this is a very vulnerable place where the brokenness in me meets the brokenness of the world and in the acceptance of this common brokenness and the unknowing nature of it as it flows on with no harbor of ideas to shield me.
Then a thought occurs which is also a knowing from experience that when I meet someone in their brokenness and they have the same brokenness that this seems to generate love between us, even if this is on an unconscious level.
Can I meet the world with mutual brokenness and love, I wonder!

kami

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:44 PM »
Dear Pheel [3],

Beautiful words!

Can you elaborate a bit more - how are concepts different from reality? What is reality? Is it separate from events and phenomena? The bit about being alone resonates, but then isn't that also a concept? [:)]

Love you! [3]

Pheel

• http://www.aypchina.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
Hi Pavati and Anima Deorum, thank you guys for reading the post.

Thank you, Sparkle, for sharing your own experience. I wrote this in a mood,so it's obviously colored and too literary/emotional to be neutral. Looking back, maybe I can say I started to witness the discrepancy between the different views on the same thing, the inherently conflict, self-contradictory nature of the thought world. Or you may say I saw untruth, yet haven't confirmed(not sure, don't konw) what is truth. I find good answers in some Adyashanti videos.

Hi Kami, dear sister! Thanks for the inspiring question. And to be honest, my answer to them is "I don't know." I don't know what's reality, what's enlightenment, what's non-duality. As the witness is stablized and started to "peep out", the world and the thoughts start to be more and more illusory...Yet effort to figure it out often puts my ego in work...So, I'd better stay in the "don't know" state, and see what it is.

Love[3]

Phil