Author Topic: Questions  (Read 599 times)

ak33

Questions
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:50:41 AM »
Hi guys, I am new to the forums. I have been meditating for about 3 months, nothing deep though, just focusing on my breath. Recently I started reading about Vedanta and self enquiry however I am confused as to where to start. Also, can someone give me tips or lessons on deep meditation.

Thank you

vijikr

Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:58:39 AM »
Welcome ak33.You can start of with the main lessons.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/MainDirectory.html

above is the link and you can start from why this discussion or directly towards meditation ie
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/13.html

I hope that helps.

Love N Light
Viji

AumNaturel

Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:53 AM »
Welcome ak33!

The main lessons suggested by vijikr will cover a lot of ground quite seamlessly. You can follow that up with at the extended booklist as well.

Something I did when I felt overwhelmed in the transition to yoga was to follow the trails of various writings (all of which led me to AYP), and then sample writings from as broad a variety as you can find within that field of interest. From there it becomes easier to narrow down what calls to you most.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:27:56 AM by yogani99 »

ak33

Questions
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »
Thanks for the support guys.

Can anyone who has used the "I am" meditation tell me if it is effective? Do you use it to go into deep meditation as well?

AumNaturel

Questions
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:12:03 AM »
Meditation with a mantra is very well known and documented. One good example is David Frawley's Mantra Yoga and Primal Sound. Anything that is repetitive and that is attended to will create a state of trance, and if used according to the procedures given helps create conditions favorable to meditation (dharana, dhyana, samadhi). Deep meditation here is also paired with other techniques like spinal breathing pranayama, and they work together to amplify the effects.

The effectiveness of the techniques is measured by their impacts in everyday life, and not during routine practice. I use the first mantra, along with many of the other practices, and definitely notice a great overall improvement right after a single session.