Author Topic: Thoughts Are Awareness/Consciousness  (Read 1546 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Thoughts Are Awareness/Consciousness
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:36:19 AM »
Hi all,

I was drawn today to read from a book I haven't touched since a long time back... I stopped at page 11 and always thought about picking up at some time in the future... Somehow the book crossed my mind today like it was calling me... It's the spiritual discourses of Sri Atmananda Krishna Menon... Anyways I opened the book and read until page 18 and felt like this is enough for now I'll finish up later... The few pages I've read spoke about the relation of the subject with object and how all is happening in consciousness and without it there wouldn't be a perceiver of the object.

Then I went to meditate and then suddenly everything melted into awareness... Myself, my thoughts my room ect... All limits dropped... then I cam back into my body awareness and the body started jolting like it was in samyama mode... And a big loud Ahhhh came out of me till the extent that my mom heard me from two rooms away... Some blockage got ripped open in my chest... And suddenly it was like a download... Everything is awareness... The subject and object are both awareness... All is awareness... Then it hit me that thoughts are also awareness... Feelings... Ect ect

All of this didn't feel the least mystic or like it was a peak experience... It just felt very natural and normal like this is how things really are... After I got up from my seat and started walking around the house... I realized again that thoughts are awareness... Suddenly, thoughts like what is this or what is that or is there more or I want more ect all were realized as awareness.

I am pushed from inside now to just share this message:
Thoughts are awareness!

Love,
Ananda

SeySorciere

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
<<I think therefore I am or I am therefore I think??>> [:D][:D][:D]

Thoughtful,

Sey

karl

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
[:)] yes "I" is in awareness and awareness is in "I". As light cannot exist without the dark, they are inseperable.

All thought springs from that.

Of course what you do with that revelation is  interesting. You cannot live in it, eat it or wear it  and it isn't great as a chat up line at a party[:D]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:08:32 PM by karl »

Ananda

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:55:29 AM »
Hi Sey[:)]

Dear Karl, somewhat yes I am kind of living in it since yesterday... A real shift has happened... It's subtle yet so obvious... I understand now what it is to live without a center... Everything is center... That... Somehow it's happening automatically... Don't know how to put it... It's like samyama but more gentle.... All questions are dropping at the moment they come up... This is soft[:)]

karl

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:44 AM »
These subtle little shifts of perception take time to integrate. They come a steady intervals. With them comes a strong punch of scenery. The scenery is the revelatory euphoria that comes with the shift.

It's good if you can remove the euphoria from the shift, because it has the effect of slowing progress just as scenery does during meditation. That's what I meant by the question "what use is it?" [:D] the quicker it can be grounded the better. Those feelings of successful attainment become the antithesis of periods of slow ( apparent) growth.

It doesn't mean you can, or should, just a contemplative question.[:)]

Ananda

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »
Thank you for your advise dear Karl[:)]

AumNaturel

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »
Earlier today I searched for a passage and came across this instead, which happens to relate here:

The ego cannot coexist with thoughts and feelings the moment they appear, because that occurs beyond in awareness, and in themselves do not bind except afterwards when ego comes in to claim them as its own. -my own paraphrase of notes on spiritual discourses 347

maheswari

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »
thank you AumNaturel[:)]

karl

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
That's a good summation. Thoughts spring from the place in between the "I" and awareness. Like steam turns to water when it touches a cold surface. The Ego isn't present when the thoughts arise, but then it binds them and is bound by them. It is the basis for the scenery that arises being judged good or bad.

I didn't get any of that from a book [:)] this is by direct knowledge. Everything crystallises out of nebulous stuff.

axelschlotzhauer

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »
These are philosophical figures on the difference of subject and object. Thoughts emerging between I and awareness repeats this figure otherwise as Menon.

Ananda

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

Earlier today I searched for a passage and came across this instead, which happens to relate here:

The ego cannot coexist with thoughts and feelings the moment they appear, because that occurs beyond in awareness, and in themselves do not bind except afterwards when ego comes in to claim them as its own. -my own paraphrase of notes on spiritual discourses 347

Thank you[:)]

AumNaturel

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »
Yes and I can see how that is possible, coming to know things directly. A few of the principles Sri Atmananda speaks of can be self-evident from ordinary observation, such as the one about losing yourself in action for best results.

Ananda

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
Quick follow up.. Ego is back in place and the automatic dissolving of limits lasted for one day and a half.. I am back yet different.. It feels like i know on one hand and on the other there's so much more inner silence present and even though i may do something very chaotic or energetic or may even go through a bad feeling yet all this peace. I really can't put a word on what's happening. It is yet it's not. It's a living contradiction at peace with itself. Thank u dear god. You exist :-)

karl

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
Yes, slog up the mountain, see the sights, go back down to ground level and repeat. That's the pattern. Once you see how it works you can short cut the scenery. In effect you can practice with zero expectation, instead of reaching the peak, force yourself to ground level. The cycles still remain, but much shallower and faster.

You can also give up all good effects and simply worship God. Not as a deity however, although I expect that would still be OK.

Here I am talking about worship [:D] LOL one time biggest Atheist on the planet, self sufficient and independent. How the mighty fall [:D] I took to Yoga because there seemed little talk of God, it seemed more scientific. Everyone in their own way.

Thanks for sharing Ananda.

Ananda

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
Thank you!