Author Topic: Sectarianism... Fanaticism... Conditioning  (Read 1436 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Sectarianism... Fanaticism... Conditioning
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic
 But what I realized was that their "desire to convert me" was completely my own projection.

Dear Cosmic, thank you for your input[:)] Your love and good will are always felt...

On the other hand, I am sorry but I haven't quite understood your realization. Could you please elaborate on it.

Love,
Ananda

cosmic

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I haven't quite understood your realization. Could you please elaborate on it.

Of course. But I realize that it may not really apply to you...

Whenever religious fanatics have approached me, I've always assumed they wished to convert me to their religion. But recently I've realized that I don't know that for certain. Perhaps they do wish to convert me, but it's liberating to drop that assumption.

It's allowed me to speak freely with them about God and spiritual matters. Instead of giving them "spiritual authority/credibility", it's put me on even ground with them, at least in my mind.

But what I'm saying is probably off-topic and I don't know that it benefits you. My apologies for that.

Love
cosmic

Ananda

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
No apologies plz[:)]

It's related, now I understand. It's mostly about having a clear understanding and making peace with one's own person before understanding others... Hope I've got this point right.

Love,
Ananda

karl

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 09:09:56 PM »
I should really ask why you find my posts hard to read?

The reason for asking is that my meaning is exactly the same as both Jeffs and Maheswari.

Jeff mentions the technique for shining a light on what you can't forgive.

That is the part  inside which is in conflict. It is also a part that wants the best for you, just as the part of you that wants peace wants the best for you. It is a holistic loving of the self, the acceptance that both parts want the the best that resolves that conflict.

Apologies if the words annoy or confuse you, I have worked practically with many people using a technique called 'parts integration' to resolve it. It's a beautiful thing to witness. it manifests as a physical merging with many tears and smiles as both parts find a home and two becomes one and it changes the persons lives forever [:)]

However it is 'stitching' of a particular situation, where as meditation is far more gentle and inclusive without the sudden healing created by parts integration which is more specific and spectacular.

I just want to help if I can.

maheswari

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
quote:
, I have worked practically with many people using a technique called 'parts integration' to resolve it. It's a beautiful thing to witness. it manifests as a physical merging with many tears and smiles as both parts find a home and two becomes one and it changes the persons lives forever

Karl your sentence reminded me of the following by Jean Klein:
"When you feel tension or fear see where it is localized in your body.  Do not face this area directly but face those parts which are healthy, which are not furnished with fear.  The healthy parts feel light, empty and expanded, so let this empty sensation invade the parts where feaer is localized. If you proceed like this the fixed energy, which is all fear is, will integrate in your totality" ( The Ease of Being/Jean Klein)

is it similar to what you are trying to say?[:)]

Ananda

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 08:16:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I should really ask why you find my posts hard to read?

The reason for asking is that my meaning is exactly the same as both Jeffs and Maheswari.

Jeff mentions the technique for shining a light on what you can't forgive.

That is the part  inside which is in conflict. It is also a part that wants the best for you, just as the part of you that wants peace wants the best for you. It is a holistic loving of the self, the acceptance that both parts want the the best that resolves that conflict.

Apologies if the words annoy or confuse you, I have worked practically with many people using a technique called 'parts integration' to resolve it. It's a beautiful thing to witness. it manifests as a physical merging with many tears and smiles as both parts find a home and two becomes one and it changes the persons lives forever [:)]

However it is 'stitching' of a particular situation, where as meditation is far more gentle and inclusive without the sudden healing created by parts integration which is more specific and spectacular.

I just want to help if I can.

Much thanks dear Karl, I know you mean good. It's much easier reading this post but as for the first one it just felt like walking in mud. You ask why is it so? This is just the way I felt.

In your gratitude.

Love,
Ananda

Ananda

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »
Thanks for your input dear Maha, Karl's post reminded me of the same thing also. Maybe this is why that email was sent to us at this time[;)]

karl

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 12:00:31 AM »
[:D] LOL reminds me of going to see a famous drummer performing a master class. He drums for a progressive metal band and there is a particular track which is a fan, favourite. I asked him about a particular part of that track, he played it, then someone asked about another part of the same track and he played that. By the next question it became obvious that he was resigned to playing the entire 20 minutes.

So, parts integration. I have to describe it outside of the scope of Yoga/Energies etc.

The description we use is that there is a 'part' which does not agree with the whole. It exists like a bubble and has it's own belief systems and strategies. It causes conflict because of the internal separation. (I must add that this is conjecture, a convenient belief, there is no indication it is true, but the results confirm that something changes dramatically).

I ask the client to get into the state of conflict.

Then to place both hands held out in front, palm upwards.

Next I ask the client if they can imagine the part in conflict as a person they know (often it is a family member). I ask them to bring this part out and let it stand on their palm.

I do the same for the part that the person is aspiring to be, or to do to also be represented by a person that they feel represents this part.

Next is a set of questions asking the conflicted part what it's highest intention is for the client (this is answered by the client who now clearly visions the two parts standing on their palms). This is quite intense because I have to push the client quite hard to to illicit the prime reasons. Once I can see that they are repeating the reasons and we have the true intentions I write these down.

I do the same with the other part.

At this stage it becomes clear that both parts have the same intentions for the client and that the clients needs would be better served with both parts collaborating.

I would then ask each part to notice that the other part wants the same things. By touching each palm in turn the client can be encouraged to make this connection. Usually by this point they are quite well in trance, in another world where each represented part is completely real.

As this noticing, encouraging and touching continues the clients hands begin involuntarily to move together. There can be resistance and a lot of tears at the points where the hands are unwilling to close, but as a therapist it was my role to facilitate.

At the point where both hands touch, the clients face and body language are a mixture of sublime ecstasy and release. It's a really beautiful thing to witness, they become for a moment like the most innocent of children. Perfect, no barriers, just love. It's sometimes difficult to keep from crying with happiness at this stage because the empathy is so intense we are sharing the same emotions and space.

I then ask if they want any other parts to join at the moment of union and then both hands are brought together. Usually they fold to the heart.

Lastly I ask them to see what remains in their hands. That is a fun moment because they often get quite a surprise. Everything from a spinning ball of energy to some beautiful creature they identify strongly with. I know that my job is pretty much over a that stage.

Apologies for the long post, thought it was worth describing fully so that you can understand how it appears to work.

maheswari

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
quote:
Thanks for your input dear Maha, Karl's post reminded me of the same thing also. Maybe this is why that email was sent to us at this time

[:)]
Karl it is clear that you love what your doing...good for you and for those who you help out ...

Ananda

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »
Again, one of those posts whom I can't read... Sorry dear Karl[:I] But appreciate the gesture... I realize that the shortcoming is from my own side...

Peace

karl

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
quote:

Again, one of those posts whom I can't read... Sorry dear Karl[:I] But appreciate the gesture... I realize that the shortcoming is from my own side...

Peace

It was  to answer Maheswari.'s question.

Ananda

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »
[:D] Really shows my stance on them posts of yours... Pardon...

karl

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »
quote:

[:D] Really shows my stance on them posts of yours... Pardon...

[:D][:D] LOL

I was looking back at your original post and I don't think I understand the original question, because I don't know at what level you are inquiring. That is probably why my replies don't make sense.

When I started inquiry there was already a lot of stillness. The inquiries did not bring up further questions, they dissolved them in unity.

At the point when Yogani advises against inquiry then not enough stillness is present to dissolve the question which is why it is advisable to continue with  DM.

If there are negative thoughts at the level of consciousness then perhaps there is insufficient stillness for inquiry to be useful? DM does the work without bothering to get too involved in specific questions.

I do not know what stage you are at, I know you are an extremely experienced practitioner and would suspect you know this already

Ananda

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
[:I]

maheswari

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »
at last Karl and Ananda started to understand each other a bit[;)]