Author Topic: "It" is prior to Awareness.....  (Read 665 times)

beetsmyth

"It" is prior to Awareness.....
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:57:52 AM »
All these advaitins and neo's talk about how its all awareness and everything is awareness....

However its more so that this Infinity is prior to awareness, prior to thought, the first cause and unmovable.

Very few mention this, and stop at awareness, or at the source of thought..... but This Oneness is prior to all that

jeff

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:35 AM »
By "source of thought", do you mean "awareness" or "consciousness"?

How would you describe "Oneness"?

[:)]

beetsmyth

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
its prior to consciousness, awareness, thought, everything.....

But you find in alot of these modern advaita books pretty much stopping at awareness, saying that Awareness is "It", and simple, and peaceful, and so forth.

But prior to Awareness and as its source is this primordial Oneness...where there is no You and there is no One to be Aware of this State of Oneness ...it just Is, Grand, Infinite.

jeff

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

its prior to consciousness, awareness, thought, everything.....

But you find in alot of these modern advaita books pretty much stopping at awareness, saying that Awareness is "It", and simple, and peaceful, and so forth.

But prior to Awareness and as its source is this primordial Oneness...where there is no You and there is no One to be Aware of this State of Oneness ...it just Is, Grand, Infinite.

Good thing I don't read all of the books...[:)]

I had always just assumed that the definition of Awareness was the same as your primordial Oneness.

Thanks. [:)]

emc

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
It's just a game with words. I wrote a note on that some time ago after seen a lot of these discussions on FB. I'll copy it here. Just what I've seen and experienced, although only in glimpses, but anyway... My two cents.

"Self is a vacuum filled with consciousness" /Swami Lakshmanjoo

"The Authentic I is the instrument of the profound, unspeakable awareness"/Bernie Prior

"God is the totality of consciousness, but awareness is beyond all - being as well as not-being"/Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

"We are that. It expresses as consciousness and the witness" /Yogani

I just see they point at the same thing. The name doesn't matter.

Consciousness
Authentic I
God
The Witness

I call it the Eye, some call it the "Big mind"... the name doesn't matter. That which sees. As soon as it sees - it sees something. Duality happens. Expresses as the two basic principles - actually being an inseparable Oneness. An identification of being the I/eye.

The two has many names as well

masculine and feminine
Shiva-Shakti
Yin-Yang
Eagle-Snake
form/non-form

Awareness with objects. The names doesn't matter.

And beyond the Two is That which holds the possibility for the Two to dance, to express and manifest appearances as a myriad of beings in existence. The unnameable, yet with many names as well

That
Self
Awareness or pure awareness
Absolute
Source
Nothingness
Home
(And we may also add here: primordial Oneness)

Awareness without objects. The name doesn't matter.

"When the 'I am myself' goes, the 'I am all' comes. When the 'I am all' goes, 'I am' comes. When even 'I am' goes, reality alone is." /Nisargadatta Maharaj

When we realize all the way to the Source... awareness pulses out to the world of objects and in - diving into itself, deeper and deeper.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

The name doesn't matter. When it is realized - it's a living reality. We lose the need to correct others using another name for what we already are. We will immediately know what they are pointing to anyway.

And by the way - we are duality and non-duality simultaneously. That's the mystery.

We are manifested as individualized beings in existence, no matter how Unreal the appearance is, and actually One and already free.

That's why one may have realized something another has not. That's why some are still living the illusion and some are liberated.

And that's why the liberated has an urge to tell the mind-trapped misidentified beings to STOP IT and just become the awareness they already are (often with none or very little success, cause it's obviously not that simple to realize just by being told so)! =)

Just wanted to say this.

I am That as This.

There's no way around it, the Both thing.

And the name doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:01:23 PM by emc »

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 05:51:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth
but This Oneness is prior to all that

Yes.

Beyond Shiva

[:D]