Author Topic: surgically removing sinuses and Kechari  (Read 730 times)

Alvin Chan

surgically removing sinuses and Kechari
« on: September 02, 2009, 03:27:51 AM »
Hi everyone, haven't been around for some time.... I just got back to Hong Kong a few weeks ago, and gosh....the air here is so bad that my nasal congestion recured despite having dramatically improved after the desensitization treatment. Now I decided to have a surgery that will remove it for good! Just want to hear any advices. I know people here tend to be more holistic, but the nasal congestion I have is severe enough to interfere with my sleep and makes me very tired as a result. It's been my dream since childhood to cure it. The Doctor says in my case (severe nasal congestion but not much mucus) the surgery will be very effective.

The first(main) thing that worries me is that the Doctor said a general anesthesia is needed, which I really don't want because I've read about the possible memory impairment(however mild) that could bring me. I don't really see a solution here except to fight for a local anesthesia or to try to ask another Doctor.

The second is: currently I am not practising Kechari, let alone the later stage. And even if I am, since I'm only removing the lowest one which the tongue could hard touch even in stage 4. Still I would like to hear some advices or educated guess on what would the effect of removing that sensitive part of my nasal cavity would be to my meditation, and more generally to my yoga practices (esp when it comes to Kechari)

Thanks for any advices in advance!

AYPforum

surgically removing sinuses and Kechari
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement