Author Topic: Allergic to grass: any natural remedies?  (Read 897 times)

solo

Allergic to grass: any natural remedies?
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »
I just found out that my daughter is allergic to grass.  The doc  wants to put her on some prescription eye drops.  

Any natural or holisitc remedies?

tadeas

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:46 PM »
I can only say that with amaroli, spinal breathing and meditation, I've lost practically all my allergies to various types of grass, polen, some vegetables and nuts.

I think amaroli plays a big role in this. After one year, my allergic reactions were much less present. This spring and summer, they seem to be gone practically completely. I don't know how suitable amaroli is for children, though. (If your daughter is young.)

solo

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »
Excellent point tadeas.  My daughter is 10 years old.  I don't have her doing any yoga practices presently other than Jala Neti (salt water nasal rinse).  I am looking for rememdies that would be appropriate for a 10 year old girl.

thibaud05

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
I am also very sensitive to grass. Plantago (plantain) helps me strengthen the immune system in the spring season when I get constant allergic reactions due to hayfever.  It really does make a difference for me and it is a natural plant remedy worth trying if it is suitable for children (I assume it is suitable).  
[:)]

NagoyaSea

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:47 PM »
Hi Solo,

I'm allergic to grass and several other plants, yet one of my favorite hobbies is gardening. Go figure. I got a lot of eye infections and allergy symptoms from it. A friend told me about some homeopathic eye drops from the maker 'Similasan', available in drug stores and natural food stores.

I thought 'oh sure, sure' but I tried it and I'm telling you honestly, those eye drops worked better for curing eye infections and eye allergy symptoms than any prescription.  I use the allergy eye drops and the pink eye drops when I have an infection.  They work like a champ.

With all this said...this is your beloved daughter, and while you can try these drops and see if they work for allergy symptoms you must take her to a physician if her eyes don't improve within a day's time.

Also, if it is an infection and not just allergy stuff, changing linens and hand towels daily is a must, so that she'll get well and the rest of the family won't pick up conjunctivitis.

Kathy

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
I'm allergic to grass also, and used to take a lot of antihistamine pills.
i have been able to get rid of most of the allergy by eating a lot of raw veggies (salad) and drink a lot of water. I get a lot of exercise also, strenuous enough to sweat a lot.
My theory is that the allergies are caused by toxins, and these methods clear them out.

markern

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
accupuncture helps somewhat. THere are two points around the nose and to by the eye brows that help. If you do accupressure when outside that wil also help a good bit. Google it

kingseeker

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:11:57 AM »
the best thing to do with grass is smoke it!!!!
i think, pranayama, amaroli,  and a sattvic diet,wiil help
i do also recommend cannabbbis, if you don t like smoking it you may always eat it
just make sure you offer some first specially if you did not grow it,

innercall

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »
My son had some food allergies and we treated him with NEAT (Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques). It is a technique that works by putting the patient in contact with the allergen while stimulating various acupuncture points. It worked for him.

Maybe you can locate a practitioner near you. Here is the web site of this therapy: http://www.naet.com/