Author Topic: amaroli -- dosage and concentration  (Read 24305 times)

love

amaroli -- dosage and concentration
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »
Check out the link on urine therapy:  www.biomedx.com then click on urine therapy.  You will learn all about the benefits and how to take your urine.

enjoy
love
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 01:20:38 AM by love »

patrick

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »
Hello, i have been doing amaroli for 6 years now and i feel better and better, I drink 90% of it. When I eat raw food it tastes very good I have been doing liver flushes also using castor oil hot compresses on the liver for 3 days and on the fourth day i drink 8 onces of stone ground olive oil and 8 onces of organic lemon juice, I finnish with a coffee oenema. I am 56 years old and i feel like a 20 years old and i look like a healthy 40 years old, my idea is to be so clean inside myself that i can leave on the prana that surrounds us. I will be glad to have a discution and or answer any questions. To drink my urine the first time i went in the arizona desert with no water...Cheers, patrick

love

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
Patrick

You’re the kind of person I like to hang out with.  Do you mean you drink 90% of your urine all throughout the day or 90% of your morning urine? (Have you done chompers or oximag yet?

yogani99

• http://www.aypsite.org
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 03:37:09 AM »
quote:
Patrick wrote here: hello, it is nice to read about people doing amaroli, I have been doing it for 6 years now and I feel better all the time, I am 56 years old and I look like a healthy 40 years old, never sick not like before, I had psoriasis, flu, shingles, pain in my body, now no pain and joy. I am a raw foodist which give a good tasting urine. I drink 90% of my urine and I massage my body with it which is the second half of the therapy. Cheers, patrick PS: I truly beleive that amaroli is the answer to the problems of this world, political, economical, psychological, environmental and social.

Hi Patrick, and welcome!

Amaroli is an important aspect of yoga for sure. But it is not all of yoga. Its effects are greatly enhanced when combined with a daily routine including deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other yogic methods. Likewise, amaroli improves the effectiveness of the other yoga practices. It is a balanced integration of practices that brings the greatest enhancement in all aspects of life -- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

There is a tendency we all have to go for the "magic bullet," i.e., the one thing that we hope (believe) will solve all things. Some folks go very deep into one thing looking for that, only to find later that they missed out on what a broader approach to self-improvement and spiritual development can yield.

Which is not to say that your path is too much of one thing. Only that there are other practices to consider that can enhance your excellent results even further. Perhaps you are well aware of this already, and are showing us only one aspect of your practice routine.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:34:05 AM by AYPforum »

noche

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »
isn´t urea very toxic for brain cells? urea is the main product of urine, is the way that the body ejects amino acids already used in the body proteins. urea kills brain cells. see the urea cycle in any biochemistry book
a have visited the webpages about urine and how good is it. is like the perfect food. but i ask why does no animal drinks it? are they too stuped not to noticed that complete source of nutrients they are wasting? never forget mother nature. or is there and animal that drinks its own urine for nutricional pourpuses. or maybe they dont have spiritual poupuses...

in lakesh

Victor

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »
I have observed american Buffalo(Bison) drink it. A female was urinating and a male came up behind her and drank all that he could. I never saw a Buffalo smile like that before! His eyes actually rolled back.
 I have also observed Deer drinking human urine on a backpacking trip. They would wait until you had peed and then when you left they would munch on the wet ground where you had just been.
 As far as it being toxic all I can say is my own experience of taking Amaroli for about a year now. I have had no ill effects at all thta I can tell and I feel generally stronger and in better health so I don't have any fears about it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 04:33:27 AM by Victor »

noche

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »
mmmm. the only thing that truly convinces me is that the people thar are doing it feel better and healthier. i am starting to try it, i do neti with it, and if i produce sufficient urine i drink it. it feels sometimes like a spank on the face, guaaa! and i have to make the effort of not tasting it so much because then it could turn unpleasant. sometimes i think that the people that are doing it feel better because they have less neurons to worry about...

in lak´ech

Frank-in-SanDiego

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 12:36:14 PM »
Hari OM
~~~~~~~

Hello Folks,
David (et.al)
can you advise on the tangible benefits you have experienced...  this would be helpful. Some catagories:
> Spiritually
> Meditation practice
> Socially or during daily activities 'in the field'
> Medically ( measurable e.g. lower XXX or Higher YYY, stuff like that)

Thanks and appreciated , (if you have the time).

Frank In San Diego

david_obsidian

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 02:01:14 AM »
Noche,

of course there are 'toxins' in urine.

Read up (or the earlier posts) about hormesis to understand why it is sometimes good to take a small dose of toxin.  It's counterintuitive, but true.

Killing brain cells,  schmilling-brain cells. [:)]

The notion should be unpacked carefully.  If something 'kills brain cells' it does not mean that it is bad,  or that its ingestion should be stopped.  Seriously.

In what dose does urea kill brain cells?   Certainly not in the dose created by drinking some amaroli....

Because your kidneys don't make the urea,  they only pump it out of the blood,  and into the urine. You have urea in your blood all the time,  because your liver makes the urea and puts it in the blood.  Now,  no-one says the liver should be removed because it puts something into the blood that 'kills brain cells',  do they?
 [:)]

Certainly animals do not do amaroli on a regular basis.  But that is not evidence that it is not good -- animals are not in tune with everything which is good for them.  Besides, they find it hard to get the cups!

Cheers,

-David

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 05:35:45 AM by david_obsidian »

david_obsidian

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 02:03:25 AM »
P.S.  I intend to answer Frank's question when I get the chance.  Feel free to remind me later.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 09:47:29 AM »
Just for the record, after reading this thread I was inspired to start amaroli a couple of days ago. Just taking half a glass in the morning.
It does feel good but by far the best benefit so far is the expressions on some friends faces when I told them what I was doing [8D][:p]

My wife and daughter have allergies, does anyone know if amaroli might help this. If it worked for others in this regard they might be persuaded to try it.
S

noche

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
about the toxins present in urine that you pour back in to the system so that it triggers further blood cleansin, you better used homeopathy principle. dont drink all the poison. in one of the links present -i guess in this discution- they say that urine has the essential aminoacids, how can this be if the only way that cells export aminoacids is as urea or as glutamate?
and urea is not produced (only) in the kidneys, is chemically sintetized in the mitocondrion of any cell. and well, even chocolate and electromagnetic waves kill neurons. just the passing of time kills cells...

in lak´ech

Alvin Chan

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »
I am trying amaroli for about 2 weeks. Now I am taking about 10ml a day. I don't feel any noticeable benefits, so I won't increase my dosage. Although it could not do any harm, I too have some concerns about its effectiveness.

1. First of all, there are really no scientific proofs. No articles on peer-reviewed journals. The "hormesis" theory can, at best, provide a possible "explanation" when/if it works at all. But it does tell you whether amaroli works.

Think about this: will you take DDT in small amount on a regular basis (say every morning) simply because SOMETIMES the phenominon "hormesis" happens?

2. The nutritive values of a cup of urine could not be more than a cup of milk, except that urine may indeed contain some used hormones. So the "nutritive" explanation which many people used simply fail, unless they don't eat nutritive foods.

So, what about hormesis???

Think about the mechanisms hormesis theory provides: taking some toxins that's ALREADY in our body. For one thing, it could not do too much harm because it's present in our body all the time without having to take it orally. For the other, it could not do us too much good either because of the same reasons.

OKOK, may be it works differently when you take it orally. But who know? In the final analysis, it's your subjective feeling, right? And subjective feelings are, unfortunately, not reliable. By our subjective feeling and placebo effects (which could turn out to be very real), even placebo can do us much good. This has been shown many times.

We are getting enough toxins everyday, already. Maybe the toxins in our urine work differently. I don't know.

By the way, while concentrating on a single practice may not be the "best" approach, we do need some people who did that to show us the effects of each single practice----- to avoid incorrectly attributing some effects (which may due to other practices) to practices, usually because the old text told us so!!! That's blind faith.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:42:06 PM by Alvin Chan »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 03:15:36 PM »
You really can't reason out the spiritual practices we do. Science can't explain them because it doesn't recognize prana, or god for that matter.
Prana and the physical interact with each other but science doesn't recognize it yet. You won't find much spiritual practice in nature. Yogananda says animals don't have the ability for god consciousness, only man.
But definitely don't count on blind faith; test everything for yourself and make your own conclusions. This forum gives us a whole toolbox full of stuff we can try, or not.

david_obsidian

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 02:21:50 AM »
Alvin,  thanks for taking a shot at this.  It's good to try to reach a high standard of reasoning.

Alvin said:
>> I am trying amaroli for about 2 weeks. Now I am taking about 10ml a day. I don't feel any noticeable benefits, so I won't increase my dosage. Although it could not do any harm, I too have some concerns about its effectiveness.

Not everyone notices it.  And indeed,  we don't have any scientific knowledge of its range of effectiveness through different people.

Alvin said:
1. First of all, there are really no scientific proofs. No articles on peer-reviewed journals. The "hormesis" theory can, at best, provide a possible "explanation" when/if it works at all. But it does tell you whether amaroli works.

Absolutely true,  but let's not think that all things that are good for us have articles in peer-reviewed journals validating them.

Alvin said:
Think about this: will you take DDT in small amount on a regular basis (say every morning) simply because SOMETIMES the phenominon "hormesis" happens?

No.  Nor do I do amaroli merely because sometimes the phenomenon "hormesis" happens.  Was there supposed to be some logical implication to your question?  [:)]

Alvin said:
2. The nutritive values of a cup of urine could not be more than a cup of milk, except that urine may indeed contain some used hormones. So the "nutritive" explanation which many people used simply fail, unless they don't eat nutritive foods.

Clever,  but fallacious.  You overlooked something. Let me explain your fallacy;  it derives from a view of 'nutrition' which is overly simple.

Urine certainly contains many substances which are not in food.  While it is true that food can ultimately be converted into these substances by the body,  possibly with energetic 'losses',  this does not mean that there cannot be benefit from receiving them directly,  in a form that does not need to be converted.

Your reasoning is fallacious in the same way as it would be fallacious to say that a city which has access to a quarry cannot get energetic benefit from ready-made bricks.

Alvin said:
For one thing, it could not do too much harm because it's present in our body all the time without having to take it orally. For the other, it could not do us too much good either because of the same reasons.

Very clever again,  but fallacious again -- a mistaken assumption is contained in the underlined.  Perhaps you assumed that for hormesis to work,  the levels of toxin in the blood have to be higher than occur in normal fluctuations?

Did you realize that a sudden,  'unexpected' increase in the levels of these toxins could be what sets off the hormetic reaction? Urine is absorbed by the body in a few minutes.  Perhaps that sets off a sudden jump in toxin levels (which are being 'watched' by the body by various mechanisms),  and the body responds to this unexpected jump.  The response could be due to the sudden jump in toxin levels even though actual toxin levels do not get out of normal range.

Alvin said:
In the final analysis, it's your subjective feeling, right? And subjective feelings are, unfortunately, not reliable. By our subjective feeling and placebo effects (which could turn out to be very real), even placebo can do us much good.

It is true that I can provide no scientific proof for you at this time of the effectiveness of amaroli.  In fact,  I don't even know if it would be effective for you.  What I am very strongly convinced of is its effectiveness for me,  because of what I felt.  Regarding placebo,  I know that what I felt was not placebo -- I have tried many things in my time and I know that this was too strong and definite to be a placebo effect.  But you can't know that it was not a placebo effect in me.  You don't have the view of my internal workings that I do.

From what I have experienced,  along with my regard for the Yogis,  and their ability to find stuff that works,  I am very convinced of its effectiveness on the 'advanced yoga' path.

Regards,

-David

« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 04:55:59 AM by david_obsidian »