Author Topic: Chelation info  (Read 641 times)

Alvin Chan

Chelation info
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »
Hi all,

We've had a discussion on chelation last year (http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1004) Recently, after some research into this field of contradictory opinions and claims, I started another round of chelation on my own.

What I found is that, while this is certainly nonsense to the mainstream medicine, almost all autistic children turns out to be exceptionally high on heavy metals level upon hair test. I didn't get this from second-hand source which could be exagerated by businessmen in order to promote certain products or treatments. I visited the largest public forum for the parents of autistic children here in Hong Kong and find out that as soon as they have hair test on their child, almost all of them report (in an emotional tune) that their sons have very high levels of heavy metals. (the most common ones being mercury, lead, arsenic)

Is that a coincidence? Whether that's a cause or effect (of their poorly-functioning bodies) I don't know. But that would dispute the link provided by David concerning the half-life of mercury in body-tissues. Well, at least not in CERTAIN body tissues.

I've then done some research on the treatments, and the agents that are scientifically proved to be effective, and are easily available, are DMSA, DMPS, ALA. Chorella, L-Glutathione and other  are claimed by many doctors to be an effective agents, but upon searching for independent reviews in public forums, I concluded that they don't seem to help most patients.

Other wonderful (???) products were found, they are all very poorly studied, and no consistent great improvements are observed.

Then I spotted a guy called Andy Cutler, who's protocol was reported to be effective consistently and by some independent autism organizations. He's qualified to read and comment on related researches (Ph.D. in Chemistry, Princeton University), as well as experienced in being a victim himself. While my educational background do not allow me to verify each of his conclusions, most of it seems to make perfect sense. He explained in a scientific manner why and when the chelation is helpful, how should it be done. All make perfect sense.

For those who are interested to learn more, click on the following link. Google his name plus and key word "mercury", you're likely to find some forums on his protocol.

http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/ANDY_INDEX.html

yogani

• AYP Plus
Chelation info
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:25:38 AM »
Hi Alvin:

While environmental factors, such as heavy metals, have long been suspected to play a significant role in autism, there are also underlying genetic factors involved, and this is where the hunt for a cure for autism has been going in recent years. See this recent research article:
http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ny-hsaut0301,0,966760.story?coll=ny-leadhealthnews-headlines

Like with so many things in life (and in yoga too) -- there is no "magic bullet." Balanced integrated approaches will often produce better results.

Just some food for thought.

All the best!

The guru is in you.