Author Topic: Tibetan Medicine  (Read 377 times)

JosephUK

Tibetan Medicine
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
Hey,

just started reading a book on Tibetan medicine called health through balance.

it's really interesting. Apparently Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine influenced Tibetan medicine, and from the little i know they use similar concepts.

I've been studying the concept of Chod: whereby the Demon Lord Death and all his harmful spirits are the cause of every concievable disease in combination with the karma or ignorance and obscuration that we have to cause that disease when the karma comes to fruition and when the conditions are right for illness to occur in the body.

I'm trying to develop a concept based on tsultrim allione's book feeding your demons whereby with a person centred approach one can look upon the object of a demon and thus with the right attitude feed it the appropriate nectar and thus break the connection between demon and the mind body spirit system of the patient.

according to the Buddha there are 84,000 types of emotional affliction  (which i have decided is like a Karmic obscuration which is mature, either as a life event resulting in an effect in the mind, thus outer experience combined with reactivity results in a build up of a particular emotion which can thus result in imbalance.

Based on experience and my study of compassion i believe that sufferring is inherent in the human body which when fully felt can really amount to alot (even when the body is in balance)

but the balance between life and death is clearly there within the body.

The book talks about the three humours wind bile and phlegm which i guess are akin to the fruition of physical symptoms/karma thus wisdom held in the body through wise behaviour, diet lead to the conditions and causes of physical health. these are proximate ie close in time frame to the result (namely good or inferior health).

For some it is necessary to engage in spiritual activity in order to develop good karma and thus deal with some of the distant causes of ill health the fruition of unwholesome action.

Interestingly it seems the interconnection between the medicine of Tibet and it's traditional religion is key.

As an aside I have also been contemplating the funeral director down the road and how on most nights at four in the morning i am awoken by a very dark spirit weeping and pressing his body into me. Every time i walk past the funeral directors i am fed rivers of blood which makes me feel quite sick.

I have heard dead spirits screaming from there, so i decided to negotiate and begin teaching and counselling them.

I am beginning to understand geopathic stress caused by suicide and trapped spirits.

it seems also that feng shui can be quite important for health as i had a number of shrine items facing the funeral directors which i believe is how the whole thing got aggravated.

there is lots to be mastered you've just got to expect to master it, ie for the guru to master it. that way the ishta is realised and one can bear fruit not just through samyama but through multivarious methods.

This takes a tremendous amount of prayer and sustained activity in one direction.

joe