Author Topic: Yoga Nidra  (Read 1089 times)

snake

Yoga Nidra
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »
I have found this a very good cd,here is the web link that has some imformation
http://www.scand-yoga.org/english/shop/uk_yn.html

Im not sure  where this fits in with AYP,it seems to promise all that deep meditation does.

chris

riptiz

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:27:54 AM »
Dear Chris,
I don't know where it firs in either or if the claims are valid although I know Yogani rates this guru.I can tell you that the Divine Sound that guruji has recorded does all of these things and more and will be available shortly on cd.Some of my Tai Chi friends heard it last w/end and were blown away with the effects, it was something they had never experienced in years of Tai Chi.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

snake

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:05:55 PM »
Dear Riptiz
Thankyou.Do you have a link?I live in Leicester,are you  near?
 thanks
 Chris

tantien

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 01:31:10 AM »
Hi Riptiz:

What does "I know Yogani rates this Guru" mean?

Could you please explain?

Guy

riptiz

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 03:36:30 AM »
Dear Guy,
I believe I am correct in saying that Yogani believes this guru to be sincere and teaching in a well structured manner.
Snake i will contact you offline if you wish. For other details of the Divine Sound go to http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home
L&L
Dave

yogani99

• http://www.aypsite.org
Yoga Nidra
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:43:16 AM »
Hi Riptiz and All:

I don't know the author of the subject CD, Swami Janakananda. Perhaps you are referring to Swami Jnaneshvara ("Swami J"), with whom I have had some contact in the past. We do not agree on all things, but there is no rating going on that I am aware of. All teachers are respected here. Everyone has an oar (or two) in the water and is rowing the boat forward the best they know how.

If you want guru ratings, go to Sarlo's Guru Rating Service, where you can see every guru under the sun rated, often with tongue in cheek. He even rated me, sort of. Sarlo comes from an Osho/Rajneesh background, which explains in part his whimsical approach, plus a slight bias toward you-know-who. [:)]

On yoga nidra, I will get to it in more detail someday. It is a bit of a fad at the moment -- a bit overrated. In AYP, we view it mainly as effect rather than cause -- the natural rise of inner silence (the witness) around the clock, including during sleep, as a result of sitting practices, particularly deep meditation and samyama. Is listening to yoga nidra CDs okay? Sure, as long as it is not done at the expense of sitting practices, or our rest.

The guru is in you.

riptiz

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 05:04:30 AM »
Dear Yogani,
My apologies , I had confused this guru with the other that you mentioned. As you say all gurus are respected and all have made a contribution to raising spiritual awareness.Of course one cannot underestimate the importance of meditation and one should not listen to cd's etc at the cost of meditation time. Incidentally for those interested the effects of listening, reading, speaking or chanting mantras silently in your head, all have different effects.
L&L
Dave

snake

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
Thanks Ripitz.

This book  I found very good on Yoga Nidra
http://www.yogavision.net/pubs/med.htm#yn

riptiz

Yoga Nidra
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 03:58:47 AM »
Hi Snake,
Actually the state of yoga nidra is easily accomplished as one progresses further on the path and it becomes more frequent in my experience.Like most days for lucky me. heheheh
L&L
Dave