Author Topic: Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom  (Read 1245 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:21:42 PM »
Hi All:

The new AYP Deep Meditation book is up on Amazon. The cover image and description should be up there soon.

I have modified the books page on all three websites to include the new book and also upcoming AYP Enlightenment Series books on Spinal Breathing, Tantra and more. So the books page is now both an ordering links center and a road map for anyone who is interested in current AYP books or future ones scheduled for publication. And it is an open challenge for me to keep to the schedule too. I always like a challenge. [:)]

You can find the revised books page here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

The web site side bar has also been updated to include the Deep Meditation cover image with a built-in link to its Amazon USA page. Also, a brief announcement is included on the top line of the home page. Soon there will be announcements in the AYP Yahoo groups as well.

So Deep Meditation is officially launched. Many of you already have copies on the way via the free offer for handing the books out, which I greatly appreciate your help on (and the offer is still open). I look forward to receiving your feedback on the book, and to your reviews on Amazon.

The guru is in you.

nearoanoke

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:27:22 AM »
Wow finally it is out. I have been waiting for this thread. Deep meditation is my favourite. cant wait to hear about that from the master [:)]

Genes are a result of karma RATHER THAN A CAUSE OF IT - Yogani

nearoanoke

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 02:31:29 AM »
Hi Yogani,

Just been to amazon. Cant we get a pdf version for sale on amazon too? Or will it be just paperback?

Thanks, Near

Richard

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 03:24:24 AM »
I received my copies this morning and I am only about two thirds way through it.
I can quite honestly say that it is amazing, wonderfully simple down to earth and easy to read, and probably the best and most important thing on deep meditation ever written or at least the best I have seen.

The more copies of this little book that go out the better.

Richard

RICHARD

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 03:28:09 AM »
Hi Near:

The eBook version of Deep Meditation should be out within a few days. You will know either by checking on Amazon or when the eBook links on the AYP books page go "live."

If you want to hand some books out, I will send you some for free. Just respond to the offer. [:)]

The guru is in you.

nearoanoke

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 08:08:52 AM »
Sure I would like to hand out. I will send you an e-mail with my address info

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 04:04:47 PM »
Near and others:

The Deep Meditation ebook just showed up on Diesel ebooks, it is all there and ready to download. It shows as not printable, but it is.

I expect we will see it on Amazon very soon.

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 01:40:59 AM »
Okay, both Amazon and Diesel ebook links for "Deep Meditation" will be working shortly on the AYP books page -- http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

As some of you may have noticed, I opened the free book offer up to the AYP Yahoo readership, and have 30 requests so far, and growing. That is in addition to the 15 or so we have done here in the forums. Lots of books going out, which is just as it should be for this one, because it is for the mainstream.

Thanks all!

The guru is in you.

david_obsidian

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 08:31:46 AM »

My books have arrived and I've just put up my review on Amazon.  I'll let my review speak for itself:

This may be the most clear, consise and complete meditation instruction booklet in existence.

Do not let its small size and low price mislead you -- Yogani has put a lot of great work into making it small and accessible.

The meditation technique taught inside it is at once one of the simplest as well as one of the most powerful for producing spiritual transformation. It was used by the sages of India throughout the ages, and also in various monastries and spiritual communities throughout the world, including some of the Desert Fathers of early Christianity. It was brought into some prominence in the West by Sivananda and others over the last century.

Yogani teaches it expertly. Read every word with care.

Whether you are new to meditation, or have meditated before in which case it will be great review, read it, follow the practice, and read it again occasionally. Like its author, it will be a gentle, unassuming, but very powerful guide.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 08:32:13 AM by david_obsidian »

Alvin Chan

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 02:28:21 AM »
Hi all,

May I know what's included in the new book? Something like the table of content? I am going to buy some AYP books. But I am not sure whether I should get "Advanced Yoga Practices ¡V Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living " or the AYP Enlightenment Series. What's the difference in their layout? I know buying all of them will not be a mistake. But my small room is so full already that I can barely turn my body or meditate (unlike most of you in US, who have large houses)

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 07:08:25 AM »
Hi Alvin:

The Deep Meditation table of contents is copied below. Also see the first Amazon review here. I hope the first of many. It is a small book and will easily fit in your room. The AYP Easy Lessons book is much bigger, but you should squeeze that one in there too. And don't forget the Secrets of Wilder. They can all be downloaded in ebook form, which takes no room at all beyond the computer space. [:)]

The guru is in you.
---------------------------

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 – “Who Am I?”   1

Chapter 2 – Deep Meditation   7
How to Meditate   7
When and Where to Meditate   11
Questions On Your First Meditation   14
The Possibilities   19

Chapter 3 – Steps of Progress   23
Navigating the Path of Inner Purification   23
Visions and Energy Experiences   69
The Rise of Inner Silence – The Witness   82
Stillness in Action   86

Chapter 4 – Freedom   90
Unshakable Inner Silence and Ecstasy   91
Refinement to Ecstatic Bliss   95
Expansion of Divine Love in the World   97

Further Reading and Support   103

rabar

• http://www.raysender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 04:57:53 AM »
Mine arrived also, and I've already devoured most of it! Thank you, Yogani, for another invaluable teaching tool. Here's my Amazon review, which I assume will post below David's:

I echo the previous reviewer David's enthusiasm! If you have tried to meditate and become discouraged, this is the book for you. Both beginners and experienced meditators will find this slim book contains everything they need to access states of alert relaxation in simple, easy-to-accomplish steps.
I must own at least twenty books on various meditation methods, and Yogani's silent mantra approach is the most easily accessible of all the ones I've tried.
What I find so useful about Yogani's approach is that the silent mantra can continue anywhere you go. On the bus yesterday I was amused to notice how every sound I heard became the mantra reflected back at me. So meditation becomes not just sitting for 20 minutes twice a day, but allowing the meditative state to overflow into all your activities. Once you have 'tasted' Yogani's gentle approach in this volume, you may want to access his Advanced Yoga Pracitices lessons also. Excellent teachings!
On the internet at: www.aypsite.org

weaver

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 04:05:55 PM »
I took advantage of Yogani's generous offer to get the book for free and then give copies away. I have read it and find it very well written and easy to read, but at the same time very descriptive and covering all possible angles of the process. I posted my review on Amazon.com as well and would encourage anybody who have read the book to do so, because positive reviews will help its ranking.

"Yogani's new book Deep Meditation is the first book I have read that at the same time is a scientific description of the process of deep meditation, and a comprehensive guide on how to use it in our daily life. It is generally known that meditation has a calming effect on the mind and can relieve stress, however Yogani takes the subject much farther and describes how deep meditation can take us all the way to enlightenment. This is really what captured my attention the most.
The book is written in a language that is very easy to understand, without using any complicated terms or grammar. The process of how to meditate is very simple and can be stated on just one page, which it is, but one of the great strengths of the presentation is that it covers almost all possible aspects of how meditation can be seamlessly integrated into any lifestyle.
It is a small book of about 100 pages that can be carried in a pocket anywhere. I would strongly recommend it for anybody on the path of self-realisation, as well as for anybody interested in improving their life in general, since both our own life and those around us will be affected by our state of mind."