Author Topic: The Secrets of Wilder  (Read 1183 times)

AYPforum

The Secrets of Wilder
« on: July 16, 2005, 02:36:19 AM »
Date: Sat Jul 16, 2005  2:43 pm
Subject: From: LucidOne <lucidinterval1@...>
Date: Sat Jul 16, 2005  2:43 pm
Subject: The Secrets of Wilder  

Wow! This book is fabulous. Hidden treasures galore. This book bridges the gaps in my understanding of the process and is very worthy of hardback status for longevity. It is amazing that this paperback reveals so much detail and information that many of us have searched years to acquire. My bhakti is stronger than ever!

Yogani really has generously given so much to us through his AYP work. Everyone on this forum needs to do themselves a great favor and read The Secrets of Wilder. It really conveys many of the struggles and victories along the AYP way.

I cannot say enough about this book! Read on!

With Peace,

Paul

AYPforum

The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 02:57:04 AM »
Date: Sat Jul 16, 2005  2:37 pm
Subject: Re: The Secrets of Wilder  mm78102002
 Send Email
Remove Author | Ban Author  

I am still waiting on mine. It seems Amazon is being pokey about
getting them shipped. There is a delay in my order. :( Oh well, I
guess it will arrive within a few weeks!

rabar

• http://www.raysender.com
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 08:51:39 AM »
Here is a review I just posted to 'The Secrets of Wilder'
page on amazon.com. It may take them a few days to upload
it.

The Secrets of Wilder by Yogani

This book should not be missed by anyone who is interested in their own spiritual evolution  or, for that matter, in the spiritual evolution of our planet. Framed within a cosmic love story that begins with the protagonists in high school, it encompasses a wide panorama of meditative teachings that can be applied easily both by young adults and by oldsters already set in their ways  such as me. Beautifully and sensitively written, I cannot imagine anyone coming away from its pages without having learned something profoundly new about themselves. When I finished reading the last page of the story, tears came to my eyes and a strong yearning overcame  me. So may it be, I said aloud. So may it come to pass for all of us.

How often does a book appear without anyone knowing who the author is? We have no photo, no list of achievements  on the back cover, and I dont think we are going to see Yogani on the morning talk shows. Despite the amazing success of the Advanced Yoga Practices online list that drew more than seven thousand subscribers and now has its own website and forums (and also now as the book Advanced Yoga Practices), Yogani protects his anonymity. We are told nothing about the originator of this extraordinary novel other than in the brief biographical note at the end: Yogani is an American spiritual scientist  who, for more than thirty years, has been integrating ancient spiritual techniques from around the world that cultivate  human spiritual transformation. The approach he has developed is non-sectarian and open to all.

Again I repeat, Dont miss this book. I am buying extra copies for my three sons and close friends. And if they find the exercises launch them into deeper levels of spirit, they  and you  can move on to the Advanced Yoga Practices book itself. Yogani promises us that more is forthcoming. I, for one, cant wait!

AYPforum

The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 01:58:44 AM »
Amazon reviews on the Secrets of Wilder are encouraged. Doing a review for the paperback version on the USA and UK Amazon sites covers all the other Amazon Secrets of Wilder pages (Amazon sites in other countries and the ebook version).

Here are the Secrets of Wilder links for Amazon USA and UK:

USA: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0976465515/ref=ase_advancedyogap-20/002-4832960-2417621?v=glance&s=books

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976465515/advancedyogap-21/202-7630770-7857401?creative=6394&camp=1406&link_code=as1

trip1

• http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 09:18:29 AM »
I finally received my copy on Friday and read the book over the weekend.  Truly an amazing journey that I would consider "required reading" for anybody following the lessons.  I saw a lot of myself in John Wilder, as I'm sure many others who are on the spiritual quest would as well.  In addition to the wonderful story, many of the lessons that I had previously read were clarified through the use of written imagery that isn't available on the website.  In "The Secrets of Wilder", Yogani has created not only a timeless story relating the path to enlightenment but an excellent sidekick to the AYP lessons book as well.    

On a side note, one thing I noticed is that a few of the techniques in The Secrets of Wilder are given in a slightly different order than they are in the actual lessons found at http://www.aypsite.com (or in the corresponding AYP lessons book).  Any insight on why this is would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:36:01 AM by trip1 »

yogani

• AYP Plus
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 12:12:53 AM »
Hi Trip:

Thanks for sharing your Secrets of Wilder reading experience.

Keep in mind that John Wilder's journey is a process of discovery that is not perfect. This shows the human side of the spiritual adventure as many of us might experience it if we traveled a similar road, including some of the wrong turns and blind alleys that can happen. Fortunately, after a rough and tumble ride, our "every man," John Wilder, finally does get it together (big time), and along the way he is increasingly in a position to transmit the knowledge of human spiritual transformation to many others, beginning with his dear lovemate, Devi Duran.

As for consistency with AYP, it is as much as possible given the evolving nature of the knowledge in the story. The "practice chart" on page 209 is the best place to make such a comparison, and you will find at that late stage in the story, the correspondence is there -- consistent with the late stage sequencing of AYP practices, which is a bit different from early stage sequencing.

One way to view the AYP lessons is as being where the Secrets of Wilder knowledge arrive in the end ... or even beyond the Secrets of Wilder story, which is, in fact, the truth. The first drafts of the novel were written before the AYP lessons were written. In some ways, the Secrets of Wilder is a history of how the AYP lessons came to be. That is to say, the AYP lessons are the more advanced and complete rendition of the knowledge. The Secrets of Wilder is, in part, about how we got here -- to a comprehensive open system of practices. In other ways, it is about where we are going.

Welcome to the new paradigm! [:)]

The guru is in you.

trip1

• http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 02:10:23 AM »
Ah ok.   Thanks for the clarification, Yogani.  [:)]

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
I’ve just finished reading “The Secrets of Wilder”, and have many thoughts about the book, most of which I’ll keep to myself.  With all due respect to Yogani and the work he's put into the AYP project, I must be the dissenter and say that I did not find "Wilder" to be particularly inspiring.   I much prefer to read the lessons, as they are succinct and well written, and I don’t get caught up in the tangle of John Wilder’s inner "confusion".  

meg

yogani

• AYP Plus
The Secrets of Wilder
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 02:32:08 PM »
Hi Meg:

The dissent is welcome. Not everyone wants to be around for the messy business of growing a tree. It's perfectly fine (and smart) to come and enjoy the fruit. Pass the sweet oranges, please. [8D]

More fruit coming soon!

The guru is in you.