Author Topic: Tantra - Discovering the Power Of Pre-Orgasmic Sex  (Read 947 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
Tantra - Discovering the Power Of Pre-Orgasmic Sex
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:35 AM »
Hi All:

I just noticed the new AYP Tantra ebook is up on Diesel. See here:
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin/item/0976465590

The paperback version should be in the channels within a few of weeks. Paper moves slower. [:)]

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:25:53 PM »
Yogani, I don't understand how you're able to get all this stuff done so fast (and so good). I also don't understand how it is that each title seems to come out right when I have pressing need for it.

Will there, eventually, be a collection of all these titles, do you think? And, if so, how do you intend to distinguish it from the AYP book? It's a little confusing for me, so it must be more so for newcomers....the AYP book is more "advanced", but these individual books are more thorough treatments. As more of the individual books come out, I'm going to have to think awfully hard about who I'm going to buy the AYP book for and who I'm going to give bundles of individual books....

Well, regardless of how it all fits together, don't stop writing!

trip1

• http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »
Excellent news, looking forward to the paperback release.  :)

nearoanoke

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:54:09 AM »
Just downloaded it from diesel. Wow this is pretty fast. If advertised properly this book on tantra can increase readership to AYP in general.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 02:42:40 AM »
Hi All:

Yes, Melissa, the book is left-handed, "giving sex its due" in support of right-handed sitting practices, which are mentioned from time to time in the book with referrals to the other AYP writings.

Jim, the idea that spawned these small inexpensive AYP Enlightenment Series books was that the original AYP Easy Lessons book is a bit much for many to swallow all at once -- in size, in content, and in price. So these E-Series books are designed to provide easy doorways into the knowledge.

Also, different people have initial interest in different aspects of practice, and these little books make it easy for anyone to individually approach deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, tantric sexual practices, etc., and then move on to the broad picture of yoga, as desired. So the E-Series books can be recommended to people according to their interests in a more targeted way than can be achieved by handing them the two-pound AYP Easy Lessons book. Much less expensive too. If a small AYP book resonates, then the aspirant can move on to the big book, or to other small books. It can go however the aspirant likes. That's the idea.

The same is true of the Secrets of Wilder novel, which is for those who would like to read about the discovery and application of the practices in a modern story. The novel is another kind of doorway into the broad field of spiritual practices.  

As for the "more thorough treatment" of the practices in the E-Series books, it is true. That is  because these have been written later in time and reflect the fourth time through the practices in published writings (original Yahoo lessons, AYP book, Wilder...), plus the ongoing interactions that have been occurring in private emails and here in the forum. In that sense, everyone has been chipping in on the writing effort. So, as far as they go, the E-Series books are more refined. But they are still entry level into each category of practice, and the AYP Easy Lessons book continues to be the whole course, with additional material like mantra enhancements, more advanced applications of spinal breathing and the other practices, weaving all the pieces together with self-pacing, etc.

Btw, the last book in the E-Series is planned to tie the whole thing together in an introductory way also. It is tentatively called: "Eight Limbs of Yoga - The structure and Pacing of Self-Directed Spiritual Practice." Like the other E-Series books, it will have refinements reflecting the evolution of the writing over time. All of which goes to reinforce the point that there is no last word in AYP. I am sure others will be adding many more words long after this keyboard has gone silent. Let's hope so...

On selling the nine E-Series books as a set, perhaps that can be addressed once they are all finished. Right now, it is about the writing, and getting the books out there as quickly and easily as possible. We have the formula for that in the USA and Europe. India remains a challenge for having the books available there, though I did get a little bit of good news on that today.    

The AYP books page will be updated in the next week or so to cover the titles and release schedule for all nine E-Series books -- the goal is to have them done by the end of next year, and we're on schedule so far. I'd also like to release the nine E-Series books in audio-book format, and hopefully we can start seeing those by next year also.

Near, I hope you are right about the Tantra book drawing a larger audience to AYP. While the work goes on here, we are yet to hit the "big cosmic nerve" that will draw broad public awareness to AYP. Maybe the Tantra book will help with that?

Jim, you must forgive me for not following your advice put nude photos of Paris Hilton in to create a huge audience for AYP, though I did give it some serious consideration. [8D]
No pictures in this Tantra book, except for the Sri Yantra. It is a practical yoga book, one of the few on tantric sexual practices that does not sell out to obsessive attitudes. Will that help draw a wider audience to AYP? Time will tell...

The guru is in you

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 03:43:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
If a small AYP book resonates, then the aspirant can move on to the big book, or to other small books. It can go however the aspirant likes. That's the idea.

Supremely yogic, but hard to market, alas. Well, I'll go to paypal right now and make a contrib which hopefully will help.
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=680&SearchTerms=paypal

I'll also order a few books, though I might be a bit hesitant to give these out with the same careless brio with which I've handed out the meditation books! :)

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 09:54:54 AM »
Hi All:

Amazon now has the AYP Tantra ebook up and running. You can find links to it on both Amazon and Diesel on the books page here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html

The paperback version should be up on Amazon, and everywhere else, in about 10 days. The links will be activated on the books page as soon as it shows up.

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 02:39:39 PM »
Hi All:

The paperback version of Tantra is up on Amazon USA now -- shipping within 24 hours. The cover image and description will be there soon. It should not be long before the book shows up on all the other sites.

The AYP websites are being updated and announcements are going out accordingly. See the books page for links -- http://www.aypsite.com/plus/books.html , or the cover image can be clicked on any AYP website page to find it on Amazon USA.

As always, Amazon reviews are welcome!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:03:57 AM »
Hi All:

We have all the Tantra book Amazon links up now, except Canada and Japan, which I expect will be along shortly. The cover image and description have been uploaded to the sites, and ought to be up soon too. The book is also up on Barnes and Noble -- that link, along with the other USA book chains, is at the end of the listings on the books page.

Part of the Tantra book title has been CENSORED ON AMAZON SITES IN EUROPE. That is amazing, since we are supposed to be the prudes over here in the USA, and it did not happen here. The title is listed like this:

USA (correct) -- "Tantra - Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex"

Europe (censored) -- "Tantra - Discovering the Power of Preorga"

And no, they did not run out of room, as many titles are longer and don't get cut off like that.

Now, what we need is a good book burning. That will bring in some readers for sure. [8D]

The guru is in you.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 09:40:28 AM »
Downloaded the book yesterday, looking forward to starting!

A

Lavazza

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 08:45:46 AM »
I do not think it is censorship, only a bug. I got 108 hits when searching for sex and orgasm on amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=nb_ss_b/202-9124481-8547062?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=sex+orgasm&Go.x=1&Go.y=10

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »
Thanks Lavazza. I'll report it. I believe all Amazon sites in Europe and Japan feed from the UK site. So the curtailed AYP Tantra title has gone far and wide.

The guru is in you.

Lavazza

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »
You are welcome, Yogani.