Author Topic: Ishta Lost and Found  (Read 1175 times)

Anima

Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy
I realized I had my very own Lord Ganesha, and promoted him from guarding my socks to lord over my yoga nook.

Maybe he promoted you [:)]

He's beautiful! [3]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:46:24 PM by Anima »

SeySorciere

Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
[/\]

BlueRaincoat

Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »
Heart-warming. Thank you for sharing Dogboy [/\][3]

Charliedog

• Be the change
    • Marjoleine Diemel
Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »

[3]Allow me to tell you about my long lost ishta. [3]

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story Dogboy! I feel so happy to find this AYP site, exploring all those lessons and reactions. Sometimes I wish that I found this years ago but on the other hand it is good that I learned a lot all by myself. There are no expectations anymore now I know that everything happens when it is time. Love[3]

Dogboy

Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »
Thank you all for your comments. A small detail I left out: Ellie Ganesha has a small bell sewn inside his right ear. Each time I lift him up he greets me which makes my heart sing. Every now and again I lay him on my bolster and rest my hands on him and we enter the silence together. I cannot truly express the depth of gratitude I have for ecstatic kinship I share with the Yoga's Gatekeeper.

Love and great yoga to all [3]. [OM]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:18:07 PM by Dogboy »

AYPadmin

Re: Ishta Lost and Found
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 11:31:52 AM »
Dogboy
USA
1584 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  10:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
It has been more than six months from this original post; the gift of Ellie Ganesha (click my profile picture to meet him) has deepened my yoga in unexpected ways, so I thought I'd update.

It was quite apparent bonding again with Ellie has opened my heart chakra immensely. In high energetic states I seem to be able to "offload" energy merely by conjuring his image and it registers there, like a release valve. My sits are all now high energy affairs; very throat and third eye centric, and in the past couple of months, nascent crown activity. Guru Inyou has advised one sit daily because of Less/More. And now by the conclusion of a session with "I thought, what am I?", there is the sensation of the "energetic Yoni" (as AYP member Juan described in a Tanta posting) for my answer; as if I am being downloaded with code; as if I am androgynous.

And as I come out of rest, I reach for Ellie Ganesha, remove his pine cone lotus, and cup him to my chest, and bury my face in his neck. It is almost as if I can smell my childhood there; all my human baggage is forgotten and I am bared, free, and filled with love to share. What a sight that must be, a middle aged man nussling a stuffed animal! And now telling the world about it! it is a shameless reminder to be playful, to be loyal; A reminder that yoga is intertwined in everything, if only your button eyes could see; if only you are open enough, pure enough, to hear the tinkling bell in your ear.

To be able to physically interact with my ishta has been the greatest blessing of all, for when there is contact, my energetic residue seems grounded, and thus far, keeping overload at bay. I encourage all to search for your ishta, whatever image, concept, or form that resonates with you in your heart center, if for nothing else, as a self pacing tool at your disposal. 

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 16 2015 10:19:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1551 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  09:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:

if only your button eyes could see; if only you are open enough, pure enough, to hear the tinkling bell in your ear.