Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 16201 times)

emc

What are you reading?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 01:26:08 AM »
Reading Adyashanti's "The end of your world" and the devilish, evil design of this journey is exactly what I was afraid of and sort of already knew... and even worse in some parts that I hadn't thought of... he's just pointing it out very clearly! sh*t bad news. But a good book. Read it and drop your illusions about the beautiful spiritual journey!

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
What are you reading?
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 01:39:29 AM »
Am reading "Insight Dialogue" by Greg Kramer, as well as "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti (again[;)]) as well as "Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli" by Yogani, as well as "Yoga Anatomy" by Leslie Kaminoff.  Quite enjoying the Insight Dialogue book.....a very amazingly complimentary practice to the AYP system.

Love,
Carson[^]

yogani

• AYP Plus
What are you reading?
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 02:31:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Reading Adyashanti's "The end of your world" and the devilish, evil design of this journey is exactly what I was afraid of and sort of already knew... and even worse in some parts that I hadn't thought of... he's just pointing it out very clearly! sh*t bad news. But a good book. Read it and drop your illusions about the beautiful spiritual journey!

Hi emc:

I may have recommended this book to you some time back. It should be pointed out that Adyashanti is speaking to an audience he is familiar with: his students and others who come to enlightenment being strong on self-inquiry and weak on meditation. Throw in a few strong doses of guru shaktipat for good measure. The result can be quite a lot of chaos, often with little abiding inner silence to absorb it with.

So I would not say that "The End of Your World" is representative of what people will experience with the AYP approach. Rather, it is the kind of unfoldment one might experience if the cart gets in front of the horse. It is an excellent book for that, and I highly recommend it to anyone who feels that they are getting ahead of themselves, for any reason whatsoever. It can serve as a reminder of the importance of daily deep meditation, and a more self-paced approach in general.  

Keep in mind that real enlightenment is unending ecstatic bliss and unifying outpouring divine love. All the rest is scenery, as is the enlightenment itself. Nothing going on here at all, but love. [:X]  

The guru is in you.

Parallax

What are you reading?
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

So I would not say that "The End of Your World" is representative of what people will experience with the AYP approach.

Keep in mind that real enlightenment is unending ecstatic bliss and unifying outpouring divine love. All the rest is scenery, as is the enlightenment itself. Nothing going on here at all, but love. [:X]  

The gratitude for your teachings and the AYP system are running very strong with me today...such an amazing gift...

Parallax

What are you reading?
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
I'm through all of the AYP books, and recently re-read Secrets of Wilder, DM and SBP...

Just got Mantra & Meditation; LayaYoga The Definitive Guide to the Chakras and Kundalini; Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation; and The Secrets of Prana, Pranayama & Yoga Asanas...all from the Extended Booklist...

So far Mantra & Meditation is pretty good...

Anyone else sampled books from the Extended Booklist? Any suggestions?

Peace, Love & Happiness
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:39:19 AM by yogani99 »

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
What are you reading?
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »
Paul Brunton books are good...

brother neil

What are you reading?
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »
just finished "a moment of truth"  now my mom is reading it and cant put it down.  I like it a lot.  
brother Neil

takeitez

What are you reading?
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
Nothing at the moment, I'm kinda new to yoga. I'm looking to pick up some good reading!!

Ananda

What are you reading?
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 06:59:20 AM »
for those who enjoyed reading Autobiography of a yogi i suggest "Living with the himalayan masters" by Swami Rama which is really good.

and i think that it's fair to say that Swami Rama was a very controversial guru and IMHO was very advanced spiritually but didn't melt his ego into the heart area which means that he wasn't enlightened.

but of course this is my own opinion and i might be wrong as you know.

namaste

Ananda

What are you reading?
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »
"Spiritual Stories as told by Sri Ramana Maharishi" is another good book which i am reading now.

stevenbhow

What are you reading?
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »
The Doctrine of Vibrations by Mark Dyczkowski.

Ananda

What are you reading?
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
"The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz.

a plain and simple book that teaches how to establish a good and aware conduct.

it's very beneficial as a gift for someone who is new into mindful conduct.

miguel

What are you reading?
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 05:50:07 AM »
"Real love" by Greg Baer. Good combination with "loving what it is" by byron Katie.
Very useful books for dissolve your mind in stillness and learning how to deal better with relationships.

Also im rereading "autobiography of swami sivananda".The book radiates a special warm golden light.Love it also.

Yoganis self inquiry (3th time) also,but more slowly.

[:)]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:22:11 AM by miguel »

miguel

What are you reading?
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2010, 06:34:50 AM »
Im gonna read "the spell of the sensorious" by Abrams,"ramana maharshi and the path of knowledge" and "The gnostic gospel of st.thomas" by tau malachi.Im lucky cz there are 3 books by malachi translated to spanish.This gospel of tomas seems to be really amazing book.

I think im gonna enjoy a lot.[:)]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:52:36 AM by miguel »

wigswest

What are you reading?
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
Right now, "start where you are" by pema chodron, and "The Yoga of Sound" by Russill Paul. Both quite good so far :)

Miguel, I've read "The gnostic gospel of St. Thomas"; it is indeed well worth reading :)