Author Topic: A question  (Read 730 times)

brother neil

A question
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:32 PM »
have you ever heard of anyone who "awakened" and then they started yoga practices?  Thought it may make an interesting discussion.
Thanks
brother Neil

stevenbhow

A question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »
Sri Ramana Maharshi.

brother neil

A question
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:37:51 PM »
Did he actually start doing the practices, or did he just make them up for others to use?

tonightsthenight

A question
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

have you ever heard of anyone who "awakened" and then they started yoga practices?  Thought it may make an interesting discussion.
Thanks
brother Neil

Hehehehe! Yeah, me.

I was drawn naturally to yoga after my awakening.  Initially, just to the asanas, and it went from there [8D]

stevenbhow

A question
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:36:10 PM »
Hi Brother Neil,
Teaching is a yoga practice, probably the most important one. I think in that sense Sri Ramana Maharshi awoke and then started practicing. I had a Kundalini Awakening about three years ago and have been meditating on a regular basis ever since. I didn't do any practices before that. Is that what you mean by "awakened"?

jeff

A question
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:20 AM »
In my case, I started feeling "vibrations".  After a lot of research, came to realize that it was Kundalini and ultimately found this site.  I only started meditating and my "conscious" spiritual efforts after an awakening.

Regards.

brother neil

A question
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Hi Brother Neil,
Teaching is a yoga practice, probably the most important one. I think in that sense Sri Ramana Maharshi awoke and then started practicing. I had a Kundalini Awakening about three years ago and have been meditating on a regular basis ever since. I didn't do any practices before that. Is that what you mean by "awakened"?

Good point about Maharshi
as far as "awakened"  well there seems to be different definitions of that.  I personally believe it is to see the unity or oneness, ill let you know if I see that. [:)]