Author Topic: AYP Around the World  (Read 4319 times)

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
AYP Around the World
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 02:17:39 AM »
quote:
this is of course rubbish everyone has a right to enlightenment no matter what there race or nationality

I agree with you.. this is absolute rubbish...everyone at work laughs at me when I use this word.. which by the way I use very often.. "how British" they say..
You are right everyone has a right to be enlightened.  I don't know if anybody else has noticed it.. but this is one thing I have seen... India follows America... whatever is "in" in America.. India will be doing soon. My cousins in India wear more western clothes, shop Victoria's secret.. and up-to-date with more of American stuff, than I think I will ever be. So I think, once yoga becomes popular here.. India will follow... now that is just my opinion for what it is worth. Don't get me wrong, I love India, just wish they would cherish what they have and not run after the West for everything...

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 03:32:54 AM »
There's nothing wrong with an Indian going to the West for Yoga though,  is there?

Shanti

AYP Around the World
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 03:46:42 AM »
Nope.. I think it will be better this way.. I think yoga is getting stagnant and stale in India.. too rigid.. to strict.. too clouded with superstitions.. worked in the olden days.. when people did not have a choice.. they did what their Guru told them... or else!!!!  Learning from the West will give them a fresh outlook.. they need that.. All I meant by cherish what they have  was.. I wish they did not have to loose it all before they tried it again..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 05:20:16 AM by Shanti »

nearoanoke

AYP Around the World
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
I always wonder how much of a person's nature changes with enlightenment. I am sure there will be lot of enlightened sages in India, but how come none of them came out and told the world like Yogani did. Is it because they are not as outgoing? Doesn't this "national personality" change with enlightenment? Just wondering.

Genes are a result of karma RATHER THAN A CAUSE OF IT - Yogani

Shanti

AYP Around the World
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 12:18:02 AM »
Hi Near,
I have often wondered about the same thing. Actually its not that the enlightened beings in India don't want to share their knowledge.. I don't think they know how to.. when I talk to my guru in India.. he tells me nothing that helps me. We need more people like Yogani.. who come down to my level and explain things to me. When I had a energy overload and my head was going to explode.. all my guru could tell me was.. continue with your japa and meditation.. you are going the right way.. well yaa!!! I was going the right way all right.. I did not know I was having an energy overload.. if Yogani wasn't there.. I would be back in that dark corner of depression.. I am not saying my guru is not enlightened.. actually he may even know that I am writing this right now.. I think many of the gurus are like Yogani says in lesson#84..
quote:
successful mountain climbers who have lost their memory. They stand
on top of the mountain and say to everyone down in the valley, "You
don't have to do anything. Just automatically wake up on the top of
the mountain like I did. You are here already." They were born at or
close to enlightenment, and apparently have no recollection of all
the work they did in previous lives to produce that situation. If we
do nothing, we will eventually reach enlightenment a kazillion years
from now. If we do something, it will be much sooner. There are
certain methods that are known to advance the enlightenment process.
That is what yoga is.

Does this mean they are not enlightened.. no just that they have forgotten how they got there and cannot help you. All they can say is.. it will get better.. don't worry. If I could only get more people to see what Yogani is doing with the practice.. of how he has simplified it.. of how he comes down to your and my level to help.. Hopefully some day I will succeed. In my small way I am trying to convince some of the ladies around here to try AYP. It will take time, most of them have a family guru.. and follow what he/she has to say. So it may take some time. I don't want anybody to be upset with me.. I have full respect for all gurus, including my own... but I needed Yogani to show me the way...

yogani

• AYP Plus
AYP Around the World
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 02:51:50 AM »
Hi Melissa:

100th monkey? I had to look that one up. Fascinating -- "Sudden shift." "Leap of consciousness." "Sea change." "Phase transition." "Critical mass." The rising of the coquinas in the Secrets of Wilder!

Could we be the 100th monkey? Or maybe the 99th? The 100th couldn't be far off. [:)]

http://skepdic.com/monkey.html

"The hundredth monkey phenomenon refers to a sudden spontaneous and mysterious leap of consciousness achieved when an allegedly 'critical mass' point is reached. The idea of the hundredth monkey phenomenon comes from Dr. Lyall Watson in his book Lifetide (1979)."

Very interesting ... let's keep going!

The guru is in you.

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 01:58:42 AM »
I would.

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:17 AM »

Melissa said:
As Yogani would (and did) say, "Very interesting ... let's keep going!"

Hmmmm,  I don't know what that is about.  Perhaps you misunderstood my jocular post,  and thought it was an insult or something?  It's not an insult,  I said I would argue with your being called a monkey.  It hardly seems like an occasion for "Yogani would say let's move on".

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 04:25:12 AM »
Right.  Well,  if you are eager to get your day flowing smoothly,  just a little self-reflection for you to help you see if you need to:  posts with content like "Yogani says let's move on" don't encourage "the flow" but rather, inhibit it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:50:03 AM by david_obsidian »

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 05:22:14 AM »
I was talking about the flow of the forum too, not just your own personal one.

david_obsidian

AYP Around the World
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 06:11:27 AM »
No, Melissa,  no agreements -- I'll stay free to comment on how I am interacted with.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
AYP Around the World
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
do monkeys like chocolate?