Author Topic: "Spinal Breathing" Available for Quantity Discount  (Read 1765 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
"Spinal Breathing" Available for Quantity Discount
« on: April 06, 2006, 03:56:08 AM »
Hi All:

It will be a week or two before the new Spinal Breathing book is available in the retail distribution channels. Maybe sooner for the eBook. When it happens, it will be announced here in the forum and on the home page and books page on the website.

In the meantime, the Spinal Breathing book is available now for direct ordering though me via the quantity discount program, which is 55% off, plus shipping, for ten or more books. These are shipped direct from the printer within 48 hours. The retail price on this book is $11.95, so the quantity discount price is $5.38. To order, write me.

While not many have seen the new book so far, those who have say it is up to the AYP standard, and goes beyond in some ways. It is a practical distillation on spinal breathing that has not been available in print before. I think it is a good one to hand to yoga teachers everywhere. And the Deep Meditation book also, of course.

Speaking of the Deep Meditation book, and the other AYP books, there are still some left in the office here at the 65% discount offer posted the other day. See my post of April 4th here. Please do take advantage. When the office copies are gone, it will revert to the 55% quantity discount offer for all of the books.

With the growing number of strong practitioners here, I hope many of you will take to buying and handing out the books. That is good for everyone, and helps tremendously to ensure the growth and longevity of AYP.

Many thanks for helping out.

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »
PS: For those who are in Europe, the 55% quantity discount mentioned above is available for shipping direct from the printer in London also.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
Hi All:

The Spinal Breathing Pranayama eBook showed up on Diesel today -- http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin/item/0976465574
Contrary to what it says there, read aloud and printing are enabled (for all the AYP ebooks).

It won't be long before the new book is in all the channels.

The guru is in you.

nearoanoke

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 02:11:35 PM »
just downloaded it!!

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 01:40:17 PM »
Hi Yogani,

Looking forward to being able to get the book from Amazon![:p] I know you mentioned above that you would let us know when it is available there. Will you be putting up a picture link from the main AYP sites as well?[^]

thanks,

A

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 02:52:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Will you be putting up a picture link from the main AYP sites as well?

Hi Anthem:

Oh yes, as soon as the paperback is on Amazon, the Spinal Breathing cover link will be added to the others going down the right side of every web page. An announcement will go on the homepages and the books pages will be updated.

The guru is in you.

Anthem

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 01:33:48 AM »
Hi Yogani,

I couldn't wait, I followed Near's lead and downloaded the Spinal Breathing e-book from the Diesel link you provided above:  http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin/item/0976465574

It was very easy, I bought it for just over $5 (which is ridiculously inexpensive considering all your hard work on it) then they sent me an email about 30 seconds later with the link to download it.

Just started, so far it looks great![:)]

thanks

A

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:06:52 AM »
Hi Near and Anthem:

Thank you! Hope you enjoy it. All feedback and discussion welcome, as are Amazon reviews.  

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »
Hi All:

Both the paperback and ebook for "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" showed up on Amazon USA today, and the paperback on Amazon UK. If it is not on Amazon Canada, France, Germany and Japan already, it will be soon.

For now, check the bottom of the list on Amazon USA here, and also on Amazon UK here.

I'll get the Amazon cover image, book description and AYP website updates (including links on the AYP books pages) done in the next few days. In the meantime, the book is available for ordering now.

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 06:26:23 AM »
Hi All:

Okay, "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" is up on all the Amazon sites now (cover image and description coming soon), and the AYP home page and AYP books page have been updated, including live links to Amazon USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany and Japan. The cover image (linked to Amazon USA) has also been added to the right border of all the website pages.

The guru is in you.

trip1

• http://seekanddestroypodcast.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 07:53:43 AM »
Excellent news!  

I just ordered my copy and am greatly looking forward to reading and sharing the book with others.  [:)]

Anthem

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 01:25:43 AM »
Hi Yogani,

How is the financial situation these days? I know you use your personal savings to finance these free AYP websites and forums that we all enjoy so much, not to mention the spreading of the AYP message through the books etc. We don't want you going bankrupt or hungry on us so is everything ok on your end?

A

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:34 AM »
Hi Anthem:

Still a negative cash flow here, and a factor of times 10 needed on the current level of book sales to begin to break even.

It is not as bad as it sounds. Books are moving at least twice as fast now as a year ago, and a few more "doublings" like that will have us there -- 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 16. It is not impossible to achieve this in a year or two when the numbers are small.

To put it into the actual numbers, AYP sold 765 books in 2005, has sold about 500 to date this year, and will likely do well over 1,500 in 2006 at the present rate. If the rate increases as we move along here, then 2006 could be much more... The break-even is around 15,000/year, and solid self-financed growth (like a snowball rolling downhill) will be when we get into the 20-30,000 range. Those numbers sound big, but there are a lot of things happening now that can help make it happen.

Many are helping in their own way, and I am very grateful to all for that. Thank you.  

One of the biggest contributors right now is the quantity discount program (the 55% off retail offer) which is helping both the book sales and spreading the books to more and more people. Thank you to all who are helping in this way. The quantity discount program is win-win all the way around. Those interested in participating in this, please write me directly.

A few are actively marketing in their sphere of travel and/or in certain market segments, and that too is a big help. Of particular importance is finding more in-roads into the "yoga industry," which is AYP's single greatest opportunity. Very little has been done there so far. We do not yet have a distributor focused entirely on the yoga industry, and do not have an organized program to approach yoga teachers, studios and suppliers. There is a lot to do in the yoga industry, so any help we can get with that will be great. Even just dropping off a few AYP books with local yoga teachers and studios would be a huge help.

Another big contributor to growth will be adding more "Enlightenment Series" books to the mix, so there will be more entry points into AYP for those coming with different kinds of backgrounds and interests. So, I keep writing!

Over all, I am more optimistic about AYP finances now than at any time in the past, even though we have a long way to go to be solvent. There is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. It is my hope that book sales alone will eventually be enough to support the free online lessons and community, and the ongoing writing effort here.

To have this growing open resource freely available long-term for everyone around the world would be fantastic. That is my dream. Along the way, all support is greatly appreciated, including direct donations, which were a major factor in helping keep the boat afloat last year. Many thanks to all who have and continue to help in that way.

Oh, and don't forget to print those AYP website cards and leave them in suitable locations. It can be done anonymously in charming ways. I am in the habit of sticking them on benches and in other places where people might go to reflect on their lives. When I have gone back they have always been gone... Serendipity... [:)]  

The guru is in you.