Author Topic: to those who hear the sound OM  (Read 3918 times)

AYPforum

to those who hear the sound OM
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

michaelangelo7

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »
i practice nada yoga many hours a day, so much that i hear the sounds all the time no matter what, in meditation or not.  many sounds from earthly to heavenly, bells, drums, flutes with beatuiful flow like etheric water if that makes sense, very unreal, out of this world. starts at agya doorway then moves to the rooftops, heard in the right ear predominately sometimes both on occasion.

High above in the Lord's mansion ringeth the transcendental music. But, alas, the unlucky hear Him not; They are in deep slumber
-Guru Nanak

In the center between the two eyes appears a shining winged moth. In the middle of the wings is an entry point. When you pierce that veil and enter within you will have crossed over to the land of eternal awakening and freedom. This world will bother you no more. You are liberated. Only those can enter this gate who have become perfect and have overcome relativities and qualities. When they enter the world of the Absolute they will never be separated from the Lord ever. There is the seat of eternal music, the music of the spheres. One who practices this sound principle gains entry into this kingdom

-Kabir

[:)]

also read Nada Bindu Upanishad

some people say it comes from the root, others say manipur, others say it comes from the heart and others say it comes from the brain. i would have to agree that it comes from the brain, i didnt hear them until my 3rd eye awakened.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:33:29 PM by michaelangelo7 »

krcqimpro1

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »
Hi CarsonZ,Katrine,Michaelangelo7Mysticone,Konchok,

Any tips on what practice will help me hear "om" fastest will be appreciated. At present, I am practicing SRF's(Yogananda) Om technique for 20 mins. twice everyday. I believe it is an essential in the path to enlightenment.

Krish

michaelangelo7

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 05:27:29 AM »
still mind meditation will make u hear them, i recommend doing it at night, late at night if u can, much quieter then. no thoughts, something u mature into, cant be done by artificial means, i dont use any technique. some people say plugging the ears helps in the beginning to drown out outside noise, this makes sense because what u are doing is ignoring everything but the inner sounds

Katrine

• http://katrinekristiansen.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 06:05:56 AM »
Hi krcqimpro1

quote:
Any tips on what practice will help me hear "om" fastest will be appreciated. At present, I am practicing SRF's(Yogananda) Om technique for 20 mins. twice everyday. I believe it is an essential in the path to enlightenment.

I never practised to hear the OM.....one day...about 9 years ago... it was suddenly heard.....while walking outside. The space was singing it.....
it was in the sky...for a few days....can't remember now how many. I didn't know back then...that it had a name [:)] 4 years later it was suddenly here during Deep Meditation. It has been here ever since.

The only practice I have been consistantly engaged in.....for the past 24 years....is meditation. After app 4 years self-inquiry happened of itself. For the past 3+ years.....the practice has been Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Deep Meditation, periods of Samyama, constant Self-inquiry and Self-pacing (I regard this as a practice of its own....it includes everything related to balance).

If listening to the OM...there would be overload immediately. After it was revealed that we are within the Om...the inclination to listen to it dropped away. So now it is only heard like all the rest of manifistation is heard. It became louder after this....as if it said yes to not being listened to [:D]

What we are is that which is within

Deep Meditation coupled with engaging actively in Life is a beautiful combination.

The best of luck to you [:)]

BlackShark

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »
I'm very glad to have found this thread.

I originally began to hear the sound after ordering a yoga course in the mail, and following the directions. But for years my life was so disrupted that I was not able to pursue it, and was not clear at all, either, about what exactly this sound was, that roared around me in different circumstances, in total defiance of scientific logic.

At night I would lie for hours listening to it, feeling that nothing was more wonderful than to just drift away on that over flowering river of vibration that would grow and fill the night.

Once I was caught in a hunt while on a bicycle camping trip. I was listening, as always, to this sound, when I was rudely interrupted by the sound of gunfire. The wounded animals soon came crashing through the forest, and one nearly stumbled over me. It stood there pawing the earth and snorting, enraged, while I tried to return to reality. I was terrified. The animals, who had been shot and were all crying, shrieking and groaning, settled down around me. I tried to summon the police but they would not come. Yet I remained safe, and was able to leave the next morning when the light returned, though the animals were doubtless killed by the murderous hunters who had taken control of that place.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this thread, because in all this time I have never found anyone else who listened to this sound, which seems to invite one to leave this world. It seems to be very strange that with millions of people taking yoga lessons, it is not discussed more, when it is such a rapturous and dramatic phenomenon.

AYPadmin

Re: to those who hear the sound OM
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »
darya
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2018 :  06:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
  HELO EVERYONE
These last months I have been hearing OM sound 3 Times before or after sleep
The first time it was super loud to the point it woke me up and my heart was raising I had no idea it was an om sound because of I wasn't into yoga or om that much but my sister is
so one time when she was listening to "OM - The Sound of the Universe" on youtube I realize that sound is just as same as the sound I heard that morning, the next 2 time was before I sleep and the sound was kind of deferent not as loud as first time but definitely was om sound !
Does anyone have an idea why I been hearing this noises?
Go to Top of Page
Blanche
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2018 :  08:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Darya,

Welcome to the forum!

You hear OM/AUM because it is here  What we are is a weaving of threads, without limits. If your sister is into yoga, and you are close to your sister, chances are that you resonate with her, and have access to her experience. It does not mean that your experience is identical with your sister, but you start to perceive her experience from your perspective. It is an opening. Everything happens for a reason. There is much more here than our culture lets us believe. You might want to explore it ? go to a yoga class or start to meditate ? see simple instructions here.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page
darya
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2018 :  4:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Oh wow, that's interesting!
Yes for sure ill go
Thanks Blanche
Edited by - darya on Mar 15 2018 4:40:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
Leebobaugh
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  11:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hey Amanda

A very good represrentstion of the nadam is holding a tuning fork and placing the base of it on your body....around the ear, the sternum, between the eyes....this gives will give you the idea of the resonant tone as well as being able to understand directly its connection to vibration

On you tube you can also listen and learn about guitar harmonics....I think that is good way to help put the Nada sound into the context of music, nature, physycs...music theory is based on math....start there, and when it becomes more powerful then you can incorporate the spiritual ideas around it.

There are two techniques, pranava pranayama, and stilling the breath, that have always been recommended to help the in the manifestation of the inarticulated ohm......

The way I've taught this is to start with singing....I always use the song "Back to the Earth" by Rusted Root....sing and hum to any song you want with your full breath....its OK if it runs out in a middle of a verse....I also suggest placing your hands on different parts of your body, head, heart, face, wherever you can feel the vibration of your voice.....and when you're ready you'll turn the music off and just hum.....if just chanting ohm doesn't feel right, you can chant omram,omnam,omne,amen,homesong....and you never have to stop Just Singing songs you like....I don't believe you ever have to go past that! It may not feel like meditation proper, but very enjoyable. Let the sound and vibration of your own voice lead you to the inner Nada sound......

As to stilling the breath, I tell people no to hold their breath, but inhale deeply and exhale so slowly you might as well be holding it..and count your heartbeats....3 to 10 heartbeats....no big deal

Silent mantra is excellent, As is jnana meditation...you are trying to hear a a sound that silence makes...the sound of the lotus of the heart, the anahata chakram.....how do you do that?! Why would you do that? What is this inner sound? About jnana meditation-everyone has had the experience of trying to remember something and having g it right there on the tip of their tuonge......if you get that curious about how a sound comes from silence, then it becomes meditative, very focusing.

It is said that nothing van teach you Nada yoga but the inner sound itself....in one of commentaries on Patanjali the author says that no teaching, no guru, no practice can initiate one into Nada yoga....only the sacred inner sound can.....

Occasionally I don't hear the inner sound at all, sometimes I hear it in the midst of a noisy room...let it come and go...let it be loud or soft, high pitched or low pitched....as you practice you find it does what it wishes...what it needss to.

Technichly listening to this resonate, pulsating, vibrating inner sound is called Nadanusandhana....it is the universal harmonic that tunes you!

Hope this helps
Much love
Ohm Nam

PS...yes, ohm is directly connected to your Ajna chakram, infinite space and light...but remember, it comes from anahata, the lotus of the heart......its energy can get a little too energetic, somewhat overwhelming in the center of your skull at times....remember you can always bring it back home, deep down into the heart....there is no great mystery in it - it may simply be the song home-

Lee

Go to Top of Page
Leebobaugh
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  11:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Just remembered this verse from an Upanishad, or one of the Tantras. Sorry I can't remember which -

Now
The light that shines in the highest heavan
In the highest worlds in which there are no higher
Surely that is the same light that is inside of you

There is this hearing of it
This sound of light
When one closes ones ears and hears a hum
And then a roar
Like a fire blazing

HelpfulWanderer
India
2 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  02:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
The sound you describe, the roaring.
I listen to a band called Tool. They too are advocates of this kundalini-gnosis process.

Check out -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMBX8YAjXo

This is what it sounds like minus the electricity noises. Although, I have also experienced it with the electrical noises too.
Go to Top of Page
Shinji98
Japan
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  10:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I sometimes hear very low frequency sound which is kinda sounds like tapping on steel bowl. Also I don't know if this is a special ability or not but I could always hear similar sound whenever electrical devices, gadgets are turned on nearby.