Author Topic: A new prop!  (Read 635 times)

scottfitzgerald

A new prop!
« on: November 06, 2007, 01:35:08 AM »
Greetings all--thanks for all the great stuff.

My question: I do the basic, same routine each time I sit...spinal breathing followed by deep meditation.  I usually sit in siddhasana, sometimes with a juggling ball as my "prosthetic heel."  Due to messed up knees, I tried using a yoga ball to sit on for meditation last night, and it was a drastic difference in the flow.  I still kept the juggling ball placed on the perineum and found my spine wanted to stay straighter during the entire process.  Has anybody tried this before, and if so, what kind of results did you have?  For me, it was easy to stay balanced, almost easier than sitting on the floor or bed as my legs were much more relaxed, so mulabandha was just mulabandha, not adding tensed legs into the equation.

The main result for me was a constant flow of ecstatic energy moving upwards, and it made the connection between third eye and root very defined.

Good, bad, ugly?

Big love

s

bewell

A new prop!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:50:19 AM »
I sit on the front edge of a stuffed chair that happens to have a lump in it.  That lump is my prosthetic heal.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
A new prop!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:23:45 AM »
What's wrong with your knees?

scottfitzgerald

A new prop!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:28 AM »
Many years of racquetball messed my knees up.  If my hips and legs are very relaxed, I can sit in siddhasana fairly easily, however when they are not relaxed, the pressure of sitting seems to lever my knees and causes pain.