Author Topic: 24hr ecstatic conductivity  (Read 1619 times)

yogibear

24hr ecstatic conductivity
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »
Hi emc,

Here is a good link regarding ec:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/258.html

I can't relate to Kirtanman's ec yet either.  However, it is my intention to be able to asap.

My ec is very low voltage at present but there is no doubt that it is ec, in my mind.

I practice 3x per day usually.

The midday practice is usually just deep relaxation for 15-20 minutes before lunch. What I focus on when I lie down is my pelvic region and the ec is there.  It is pleasurable in a sexual way.  Then I spread my awareness out to the hands and feet, abdomen and chest, spine and head and it is there.  The pelvis seems like a fountain sometimes.  The intensity and behavior of the ec varies from day to day and practice to practice.

For example, today my hard palette was prickling and buzzing pleasurably and I have never felt it there before.  There wasn't much to speak of at the septum but there was in the forehead.

Sometimes when I am dozing off it will explode and snap me back.  One time it was like 4th of July in my abdomen, another time in my heart and another time in my brain.  

Yesterday during meditation all of a sudden I felt it in the brain and my concentration immediately improved.  So I get little stuff like this pretty routinely and I always look forward to what it will be like each practice.

Hatha yoga really seems to enhance it in my case.  I really enjoy relaxation because of this after the poses.

emc, I think your idea that it comes in varying doses is correct.  I think that it has to do with the condition of the individual practitioner's nervous system, their karma and their bhakti.  

I have asked myself alot of times if this is just fantasy on my part, or if it is something else, but every time I think that, it does something to prove me wrong.  So that, combined with studying and reading on the subject so that I can accurately label and understand what I experience makes me pretty convinced that it is ec.

quote:
I wouldn't say I have felt any ecstatic whatsoever until I can describe it as "a zillion billion times better than I ever imagined it".

Got it, emc.  That is fine.

To me, it is a very low degree of ec.   Maybe we can just call it pc, pleasurable conductivity. [:)]  That is good enough for me.  It is definitely at least that.  What ever you want to call it, it feels pretty darn good. It is just a matter of degree, from my frame of reference.  It is a preview of coming attractions.

I will take it over drugs any day, that is for sure.

Best wishes, yb.

emc

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
Yogibear, nice of you to share so much of your expriences!

I really wonder though and repeat my question: Are all energy sensations the ecstatic conductivity showing up?

I wouldn't say that is so because in that case I could be said to have a low dose ec constantly present at least during my awake hours. I feel lots of energies all the time, from trains or cars, trees, stones, things, persons... no ecstacy whatsoever, though. Totally neutral energies. I would not call that ec.

Can you get used to ec so that the feeling of it diminishes? Some say that you only feel energies (tingeling, buzz etc) when there's friction. Blockages creates energy sensations. If you have no sense of them anylonger - how would you know they're there?

yogibear

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 11:55:50 PM »
quote:
I wouldn't say that is so because in that case I could be said to have a low dose ec constantly present at least during my awake hours. I feel lots of energies all the time, from trains or cars, trees, stones, things, persons... no ecstacy whatsoever, though. Totally neutral energies. I would not call that ec.

I know what you mean about outside energy and I don't experience any pleasure from that, either.  So I wouldn't label it ec.

quote:
Can you get used to ec so that the feeling of it diminishes? Some say that you only feel energies (tingeling, buzz etc) when there's friction. Blockages creates energy sensations. If you have no sense of them anylonger - how would you know they're there?

I don't know, emc.  From what I read here at AYP, the ec is the result of the friction you are talking about, the purification process.  But then Yogani says it keeps getting more and more as in people like Ramakrishna.  

quote:
Ecstasy on the neuro-biological level is inner energy coursing through neurological obstructions. In fact, ecstasy is the pleasant version of kundalini awakening, as opposed to the unpleasant version, which is too much energy going through too much obstruction.

It should also be emphasized that divine ecstasy is progressive, leading to higher states, and ultimately to enlightenment as the merging with inner silence occurs. This is the merging described in the metaphors of the religions -- shiva and shakti, father and holy ghost, yin and yang, etc.

AYP Lesson 258   http://www.aypsite.com/plus/258.html

Sounds awe fully good to me.  [:)]

Best, yb.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:29:42 AM by yogibear »

gentlep

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 01:21:24 AM »
I agree with yogibear. I don't know what ecstatic means either. It's pleasurable conductivity for sure. But for me it's only somedays sometime. I would like it to be more but then I also wonder if it is just obstructions then it won't last. What good is that?

What I feel is more like you feel when you soup up a glass of ice cold juice through a straw suddenly. How the head and and spine suddenly buzz up. That's what I feel, in different degrees.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »
Hi All:

When the resistance (friction) is gone, or even becoming much less, ecstasy is revealed to be the unending outpouring of divine love. This is also stillness in action.

The guru is in you.    

gentlep

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

When the resistance (friction) is gone, or even becoming much less, ecstasy is revealed to be the unending outpouring of divine love.

Is the ecstasy mentioned here is a physical sensation or not?

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 04:20:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by gentlep

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

When the resistance (friction) is gone, or even becoming much less, ecstasy is revealed to be the unending outpouring of divine love.

Is the ecstasy mentioned here is a physical sensation or not?

Hi Gentlep:

Yes, physical, but by decreasing degrees over time (see the lessons on "automatic yoga and physical movements" in the topic index, which are analogous).

Maybe when the energy moved before, we jumped in our chair with a surge of pleasure. Later on, when the energy moves, we may not jump, and the love just pours out. So instead of lurching in ecstasy, we will go help someone, which feels even better. [8D]

Expansion of ecstatic divine love feels good (an understatement), and it never ends, reaching far beyond the confines of our body. We are emerging channels for that.  

The sensations of physicality with inner energy moving can be compared to water moving through a partially obstructed pipe, which is gradually becoming clear. The degree of obstruction will determine the nature of the sensation. Same water, different levels of obstruction (resistance/friction) yielding different flows. Same divine love, different degrees of sensation and manifestation as purification and opening advance.  

The guru is in you.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 12:18:02 AM »
Hi EMC

quote:
I really wonder though and repeat my question: Are all energy sensations the ecstatic conductivity showing up?

I experienced prana flowing for many years without it being at all ecstatic. It would make my body shake. This often happened when I was clam and relaxed, and would make my body jolt, or shake all over. It was especially embarrassing when it happened in public. Whilst making love my whole body would shake the whole time.

That all started many years ago, maybe 15 years ago, I can't really remember. It was not until a lot of purification had happened that I started to feel the movement of prana as pleasurable, maybe 5 years ago. And then later, maybe 2 years ago, as ecstatic.

Now at times it is so intensely ecstatic that I find it difficult to walk. It feels like I am experiencing an orgasm throughout my body which lasts for hours. But that doesn't happen often, and I'm getting better able to cope with that.

So yes, it all comes in degrees, and takes time. I didn't feel any pleasurable sensations from prana moving until after my heart chakra had been open a while. I am now experiencing the way that ecstasy dissolves into divine love. It is absolutely remarkable, and a joy to witness. (And great fun to play around with.[:)] )

Christi

emc

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
Christi,

I adore your way of writing! I am so grateful for your direct and open way of sharing! This is what I learn most from, direct reports on personal experience, not theoretical reasoning. It confirmes so much for me, and helps me put pieces together (just in order to get them smashed into chaos again of course, but for the moment the clarity is wonderful)!

Thank you for being bold, straight and honest!

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »
Hi EMC

quote:
Christi,

I adore your way of writing! I am so grateful for your direct and open way of sharing! This is what I learn most from, direct reports on personal experience, not theoretical reasoning. It confirmes so much for me, and helps me put pieces together (just in order to get them smashed into chaos again of course, but for the moment the clarity is wonderful)!

Thank you for being bold, straight and honest!

You're very welcome, although I must say, you are an example to us all when it comes to open and honest sharing! [:)]

Actually that's one of the things that drew me to AYP, because it is so clear and matter of fact about the process of awakening and the methods to get there.

Kyman

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 01:54:44 AM »
My mantra is becoming ecstatic, haha.  I swear, most of my life I was very introverted, so my voice wasn't used as much as my mind.  My voice has always been very soft and shy.  But over time my neck muscles have built up from maintaining proper alignment, the inside of the neck has been transformed by kheckari, and repeating the mantra has deepened the range of my voice to an astonishing degree.  Relatively speaking, of course.

So all my life I have envied singers who could flood the world with emotion and beauty through the voice.  Just recently in my I AM mantra the entire utterance slowly becomes a melodious hum, and through it a surging emotional declaration.

This is how I am experiencing ecstatic energy in the throat and heart region.  I heard the aum clearly as the I AM traversed the most high of my vocal cords through the heart on to the low.  My entire body quaked with frequency and vibration.  In the shower, I the water was like liquid like purifying my being as is rolled over and through me.  I just stumbled into in the shower one day, and was once again complete beside myself at the effects of yoga.  And a definite heart opening occurred with it, the typical symptoms were there.  I have never been so moved through my voice, so hung upon the spirit through song.  

Ecstatic energy does indeed express itself in many ways, as many structures there are in the body. From dreams to the normal every day feeling-sense we use to navigate the day.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:20:17 AM by Kyman »