Author Topic: 24hr ecstatic conductivity  (Read 1618 times)

gentlep

24hr ecstatic conductivity
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »
Does anyone have 24hr ecstatic conductivity? Sometimes I feel nice sensation in the head and some areas of the spine during the practice. Sometimes it stays a bit longer after that. It would be nice to feel like that all the time. Is it possible?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:46:49 AM by AYPforum »

Richard

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:40:50 AM »
Hi gentlep,

Yes I am the stage now that when I put my attention an any area of the spine I get that sensation there.
You have to be careful with this it can become to intense ...like your whole spine is on fire...time for careful self pacing.
 I can also go through periods where I don't seem to feel anything at all so then its time to beef practices up a bit, self pacing works both ways. [:)]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:07:04 AM by Richard »

gentlep

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:12:46 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Hi gentlep,...time for careful self pacing.

Why self pace when it feels good?

Richard

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 06:32:04 AM »
Hi again.
When it gets too intense it can be hard to function normally as you go about you everyday life, also all sorts of other symptoms can occur, headaches, pain in various parts of the body, skin rashes, emotional disturbances. these can even occur without ecstatic conductivity being present, so take care if you beef your practices up [:)]

Have look at this lesson..Lesson 191 - Q&A – How to cultivate ecstatic conductivity

And this one...Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:43:54 AM by Richard »

AYPforum

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:46:49 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

yogibear

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »
Hi gentlep,

I am getting it now.  I like to think of ecstatic conductivity as getting in touch with your inner orgasmatron [:D]  (If you ever saw the Woody Allen movie, Sleeper, you know what I mean.  And if you haven't, it is a good comedy if you want a good laugh).   But seriously, anytime I put my attention in the body, it is there.  If my attention is involved in some task I forget about it.  Right now I feel it, especially in the reproductive region and forehead.  Actually, I feel it everywhere.  It is not overly intense but it is steadily increasing.  Brahmacharya, to me, is the foundation for the development of it.  Of course, all the mudras, bandhas, meditation, spinal breathing, well, what can you say, it all works together as you know.  It covers all the bases.  Plugging up all the holes so there are no energy leaks is foundational.  It provides the magic ingredient.  

Interestingly, tomorrow will be the 31st anniversary (to bad it wasn’t 1977) of the first time I experienced a particular manifestation of ectstatic conductivity. I didn't have a well developed concept of it at the time, just knew that it was energy and that it made me feel really good.  Now I have a better frame of reference (a continual work in progress which interaction with and input from all the participants on this forum really helps to improve) with which to understand things and keep them in perspective.  I remember when it first happened because of all the sevens and thought the correlation was interesting.  At that time, I would practice intently concentrating on my heart for 10 minutes every morning, preceded by 7 reps of spinal breathing (it is still all I do), 2 or 3 other pranayamas and 3 or 4 asanas.  After words I would lie down for 10 minutes to relax.  So almost the same basic frame work as AYP. Then one morning and it happened to be on the 7th day of the 7th week that I started practicing, which also happened to be July 7th,  my body disappeared into what I would describe as like the snow you see on your TV set when the channel goes off the air. The only thing I could feel of my body was the pressure of my palms on my knees and my beating heart.  Everything else dissolved into this energy field.  I would call it a prana bath.  I got to where I could reproduce this every 2-3 times I practiced.

Not a major experience but interesting nonetheless.

I don't seem to be able to recreate that presently.  Must be out of shape.  I don’t experience anything as intense as what Richard is referring to.  Just very pleasant buzzing and tingling pleasure particles.  Like 3D TV snow. No loss of body awareness.

With regards to self pacing, last weekend everything was squeezing, the forehead furrowing and the eyes rolling up and it seemed like I was going to launch out of my forehead.  But my meditation period was up so I stopped.  I figured that was enough and that I would wait to let that happen during a future meditation period and develop into whatever experience it would be.  No hurry.  I am happy with where I am at and I am confident that constant practice will produce many interesting experiences, all in good time and I can enjoy them as they occur.  No need to rush.

Now, it seems to be every where, top and bottom and out in my hands and feet.  I started to get serious about this again right about the time I discovered AYP.  I was homing in on what had given me my initial success.  Also, I was interested khechari so AYP was one of the internet hits I got from my search. You know, I searched khechari before and for some reason never noticed the AYP links.  After exchanging a couple emails with Yogani, it snapped into place.  I finally got my priorities straight again.  Now I understand it in a way I didn't understand it before.  Guess I am a bit slow for it to sink in.  Now my purpose is settled.  It was always there but the focus needed a little adjusting; it is more on target now.  The indispensible basics of spiritual athletics, meditation and spinal breathing twice per day no matter what.  

Thanks again, Yogani. Salutations, adorations, and prostrations unto you, O great un-guru. [:)]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 04:33:02 PM by yogibear »

gentlep

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing Richard and Yogibear. Now is it possible to lose it if you stop practicing or will it be like learing bicycling. Once you get it you will never forget it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:52:16 PM by gentlep »

Richard

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »
Ha Ha [:D] why would you WANT to stop practicing.

When you have Ecstatic Conductivity and inner silence nothing on this earth would make you want to stop practicing.

If for some reason you were forced to stop I don't think it would make any difference. once Shakti is awakened she ain't going to go back to sleep again [8D]

yogibear

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 11:45:14 PM »
gentlep,

It is my experience that if you don't practice bramacharya it will go away.  And if you practice again, it will return.

Look what happened to Samson when Delilah cut his hair.  The story is actually symbolic.  Samson's spiritual power flowed from him like long hair (his radiance).  It was the source of his strength.  When he indulged in excessive sex with Delilah, i.e., when she cut his hair, he lost all of his strength and he was thrown into prison and blinded.  He again conserved his creative power and his hair grew long again and his strength returned.

This is the interpretation of the symbolic meaning of this story from the book Sexual Energy and Yoga by Elisabeth Haich.

gentlep

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 04:52:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Ha Ha [:D] why would you WANT to stop practicing.

But isn't that what the ultimate goal of yoga is i.e. stop all the efforts and not do anything.

gentlep

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 04:54:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogibear

gentlep,

It is my experience that if you don't practice bramacharya it will go away.  And if you practice again, it will return.

What kind of brahmacharya do you practice yogibear? celibacy or tantric sex?

yogibear

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 09:07:59 AM »
Both, gentlp, depending on my situation.  At times, I have been celibate.  At other times I have been tantric.

anthony574

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »
haven't we all...if only it were up to us :)

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:42:59 PM »
Hi Gentlep,

I also get ecstatic conductivity pretty much whenever I want it, and often even when I don't ask for it, it's there anyway. But it isn't 24/7 yet. I don't get it when I'm asleep. except on the rare occasion when I remain conscious all night.
Sometimes I cannot practice because of commitments to work and childcare (I have 2 small children), and then it does go away. And sometimes I mess up with my tantric sex and then it goes away too.

Christi

emc

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 09:27:06 AM »
I find it very hard to know what ecstatic conductivity is. The way you experience it seems to be so dependent on your reference frame. I mean the buzzing of energies like yogibear describes like "Just very pleasant buzzing and tingling pleasure particles. Like 3D TV snow" I can relate to. I can not relate to Kirtanmans "zillion times better than you could ever imagine" followed by a long howl [;)].  Are both expressions of ecstatic energy only in different doses? Or do we have different reference frames? Are all energy sensations the ecstatic conductivity showing up? Strange if that is so - it would drain the word ecstatic of its meaning, IMHO.

I have not experienced anything extraordinary pleasurable although I'm very sensitive to energies overall. I wouldn't say I have felt any ecstatic whatsoever until I can describe it as "a zillion billion times better than I ever imagined it".