Author Topic: A program to awaken kundalini  (Read 939 times)

Moola_Bandha

A program to awaken kundalini
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Hello all. [/\] This is my first post in this forum.

I am in my late 20s. My search in spirituality over the years has brought me to the concept of kundalini.

I have started a project for myself to safely awaken my kundalini and integrate it into my life. To that end, I have bought about 30 books off Amazon and bought all ebooks of AYP. So I'm in the studying phase right now. I don't know how many years this project would take, but I'm ready to pay the price: I don't do anything else after work, just work on my project (and I have done other self-improvement projects this way before). So I have about 4h a day to work on this project.

I'm very grateful for this support forum. I probably will get the answer to my question after reading more of the books, but can I just ask: the purification step before doing any technique to directly awaken kundalini (working with locks, etc) comprises of what exercises? Is it Spinal Breathing Pranayama? Does purification deal effectively with emotional blocks? I have some emotional blocks which I'm afraid might get out of control if I force my kundalini to rise too soon. Thank you!

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »
Hi Moola Bandha,

There are not really a set of practices which deal only with the purification stage and another set which deal with the awakening stage. All spiritual practices will both purify the body and awaken kundalini. There are however some practices which are more aggressive when it comes to energy work, and others that are more gentle.

It is best to start off with the more gentle practices. The most important practice to start with is meditation. Without developing a strong foundation in silence first, the path of awakening kundalini can be a tough one. Then the next practice to develop would be spinal breathing pranayama.

So the best thing you can do is start at the beginning of the main lessons here and progress through the lessons.

One of the problems with the enlightenment series books is that it is not immediately obvious where to start, and how to proceed in terms of adding practices. That is why I prefer the AYP easy lessons for ecstatic living books, as everything is laid out in order and all you have to do is proceed from one lesson to the next. Luckily though, all the main lessons are online for free so you don't have to buy another book!

Welcome to the forums. [:)]

Moola_Bandha

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »
Thanks Christi!

Your answer is very helpful. That was my problem: I didn't know where to begin.
The link you provided is broken, though.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »
Welcome to the forums MB! [:)]

Here is the link to the main lessons : http://www.aypsite.com/plus/MainDirectory.html

Christi

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21:44 AM »
Hi MB,

You're welcome.

I fixed the link.

Moola_Bandha

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 02:02:20 AM »
Thanks guys!

So I will start by meditating. [:D]

Christi

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 02:14:41 AM »
Hi MB,

That's great. Once you have established a regular sitting practice, you can then add on spinal breathing before each meditation sitting. Give it a few weeks to establish your meditation first. Then you will be cultivating two things at once in each sitting, ecstasy and bliss.

After that, you can begin to add on more practices if you wish. The lessons will guide you to the correct timings and how to pace yourself.  

All the best.

Ichigo

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:14:56 AM »
You won't make much progress by only meditating.. you got to do a lot of Pranayama to boost your progress X1000 times more.

Moola_Bandha

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:28:09 AM »
Ichigo, I think you posted your comment virtually at the same time Christi did, so you didn't get to read his comment first.

Yes, you are right. Just meditation won't do the trick. after a while (maybe a month), I'll add spinal breathing to it.

AumNaturel

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:38:35 AM »
Hi Moola Bandha,

wanted to wish you good luck on your project, and plenty of joy along the way which will help keep things moving over the long term.

The Easy Lessons are comprehensive and add the practices in an easy-to-follow way, but I am sure you will also find the Enlightenment series helpful with the extra clarifications they bring. Same goes for the other books you got: there really are some rare gems worth reading for the inspiration and insight that complement and expand on the many great approaches already used here. Many happen to also be listed on the extended booklist link on the left, such as those by Singh, Sivananda, Nisargadatta, Ramana, Atmananda, Feuerstein etc.

oh, and welcome!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:29:32 AM by yogani99 »

Moola_Bandha

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
Wow, AumNaturel! This is a great list!

Thanks for bringing it up. Much appreciated. [:)]

Moola_Bandha

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »
I have added the names of three more books in the Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc. Forum. Check them out! [;)]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:08:01 PM by Moola_Bandha »