Author Topic: animals & meditation  (Read 2541 times)

Kirtanman

• http://livingunbound.net
animals & meditation
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 07:00:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter

Kirtanman,
          Thanks for the chuckle, I love a good laugh.  Your posts are quite entertaining.

I don't usually fully read anything on the forum (usually just skim) simply because there is too much to read, but this morning I fully read your posts on this topic and was rewarded with laughter.

Hunter

Thanks, Hunter ---- "pleasure to be amusing"!

[:D]

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Doc

• http://www.shenmentao.com/
animals & meditation
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 07:01:44 AM »
Namaste to All!

As a younger man, I resided as a Sannyasin at an Ashram surrounded by 950,000 acres of National Forest. I used to regularly walk out to an open clearing several miles back into the forest from the Ashram, and meditate on my deerskin, often for extended periods of time. [|)]

It became a common occurrence when returning to a normal state of consciousness at the end of my meditation, to discover wild animals resting on my lap, or laying beside me much like a domestic dog or cat might do. This happened many, many times during those years with rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, field mice, skunks, porcupines, weasels, snakes, and other animals.[8D]

Also, birds would often land and perch on my head or shoulders.  And sometimes, I would be interrupted by larger animals sniffing me or licking me. These included white tailed deer, moose, black bears, raccoons, red foxes, coyotes, and timber wolves. These were always positive experiences, with no aggression from any of these creatures ever. For my part, I never felt any fear of these animals, and apparently didn't feel at all threatening to them either. They seemed to be attracted to the the energy flow, and to the calmness, peace, and serene bliss of the meditation sessions. I greatly treasure the memory of these experiences to this day![:)]

Even now, I live in an area that borders a Wildlife Refuge, so it is common to see wild animals in the backyard during the daylight hours, and especially after sunset.  I will often sit on the step of my back porch and be approached by deer, gray foxes, raccoons, squirrels, opossums, and armadillos. But only if I am sitting alone. They usually scatter if other family members come out of the house, and will not apporach if someone else is sitting with me. So my wife and children watch from the back door to the porch, quite intrigued that such creatures will come up to me, and sometimes even allow me to touch them as I speak to them ever so softly and quietly. I have become teasingly known as the 'Deer Whisperer'! LOL [^]

Hari OM!

Doc

Hunter

animals & meditation
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 07:22:42 AM »
Doc,
    Your experiences are amazing to this youngster. You should create a comic book about the the adventures of Doc Stier.
I bet Virgin Comics would produce it.

Hunter

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
animals & meditation
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 07:57:52 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Doc

It became a common occurrence when returning to a normal state of consciousness at the end of my meditation, to discover wild animals resting on my lap, or laying beside me much like a domestic dog or cat might do. This happened many, many times during those years with rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, field mice, skunks, porcupines, weasels, snakes, and other animals.[8D]

Also, birds would often land and perch on my head or shoulders.  And sometimes, I would be interrupted by larger animals sniffing me or licking me. These included white tailed deer, moose, black bears, raccoons, red foxes, coyotes, and timber wolves. These were always positive experiences, with no aggression from any of these creatures ever. For my part, I never felt any fear of these animals, and apparently didn't feel at all threatening to them either. They seemed to be attracted to the the energy flow, and to the calmness, peace, and serene bliss of the meditation sessions. I greatly treasure the memory of these experiences to this day![:)]

Even now, I live in an area that borders a Wildlife Refuge, so it is common to see wild animals in the backyard during the daylight hours, and especially after sunset.  I will often sit on the step of my back porch and be approached by deer, gray foxes, raccoons, squirrels, opossums, and armadillos. But only if I am sitting alone. They usually scatter if other family members come out of the house, and will not apporach if someone else is sitting with me. So my wife and children watch from the back door to the porch, quite intrigued that such creatures will come up to me, and sometimes even allow me to touch them as I speak to them ever so softly and quietly. I have become teasingly known as the 'Deer Whisperer'! LOL [^]

Hari OM!

Doc

Very nice Doc...[:)]
Reminds me of the beginning of the story of Shakuntala.. Could not find a version on the net that does not jump straight into the main story.. but growing up we read of numerous stories of how Sakuntala.. who lived in the forest loved her plants and animals.. the pictures that come to mind when I remember that story are just like the ones you painted in your post[:I]. Thanks Doc.[:)]

Doc

• http://www.shenmentao.com/
animals & meditation
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 08:15:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:

Doc,
    Your experiences are amazing to this youngster. You should create a comic book about the the adventures of Doc Stier.
I bet Virgin Comics would produce it.

Hunter

Great idea, Hunter![^] [:D]

Thanks, Shanti! Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. [;)]

http://www.swamiram.com/Shivagee.JPG

Hari OM!

Doc
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 08:28:16 AM by Doc »

emc

animals & meditation
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »
quote:
see if you can create an energy "circuit" (a flow or "stream" of the enhanced life energy circulating between you and your cat -- this is what human tantric partners often do.)

I hope this helps .... I was about 80% finished with this part of my post when I realized you may have been pretty much joking.

Thanks for your reply, Kirtan. I was not joking, and yes, the circuit is already there... [:)]

I mentioned Yoni because I thought it was an obvious sign. The life web leading to the present situation is all clear to me.

weaver, thanks for the links!

And nice to hear about your animal experiences, Doc. Wonderful!

Neesha

animals & meditation
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »
Hi Doc,

You are indeed fortunate to be surrounded by the greatness of nature
However I myself experienced a little of this......with humming birds especially

One day however I forgot to offer "dar" (can't spell)and two black birds .........don't know where they came from pounced on my head

at that point in time I thought nature was too close for me

Everyone on this forum are indeed fortunate to have pets
we are not allowed pets on the property......to keep the place clean and all

I have had lots of experiences when I was a child with animals myself and it indeed true what the others claim........however animals have proven to be help or guides  for me when going through intense purification

and I do wish someday my future house will have  a few pets