Author Topic: Love  (Read 1389 times)

Neesha

Love
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
Please help I have fallen in love with the wrong(?) person

My spirituality is affected I can't focus.How long is this phase?

cosmic_troll

Love
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
Use your practice to fall in love with the right person.

Yourself

I wish I had better advice. Why do you feel this is the wrong person?

Peace

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
Love
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
Follow love wherever it may lead.

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Love
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »
Hi Neesha
"falling in love" is a great opportunity to help your spirituality, not to hinder it.
When we fall in love with someone it is a manifestation of our separation from God/Unity/Oneness or whatever one calls it. It is a manifestation of our lonliness and longing for our own self-love.

The "falling" is the attachment aspect of it and can be painful, as you know. The heart can go from feeling immense love to immense pain in short cycles.

The essential ingredient for using this as spiritual transformation is "inner silence" the "witness". To be able to observe or witness the process, even though painful, allows us to transform it and is a great opportunity for further opening of the heart.
The pain comes through attachment to the person, which can be very strong, especially if with what might be called a "soulmate" or some equivalent term.

By witnessing the process, just feeling the feeling, without attaching the feeling to the person, allows the transformation to occur.
If we keep longing for the person, if we allow the feeling to constantly bring our mind back to the person over and over, then we will just continue the cycle of pain and attachment.
Living in the moment is the only way that I know to get out of this trap. To live in the moment, observing the surroundings, observing the pain, observing and feeling the food we eat, all in the present moment, is transformation.

If we look at this with great joy, as a tremendous opportunity for opening, then we can know it will pass and will change us for the better.

Some threads that have discussed this kind of thing:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3305

Ache of Loniness
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3122&SearchTerms=lonliness

and within the above thread:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3122#26927

Other have more to say on this also I'm sure[:)]

Neesha

Love
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Hi Neesha
"falling in love" is a great opportunity to help your spirituality, not to hinder it.

Wow I learnt something today I didn't know that

quote:

The essential ingredient for using this as spiritual transformation is "inner silence" the "witness". To be able to observe or witness the process, even though painful, allows us to transform it and is a great opportunity for further opening of the heart.

Ahhhhhhhh (crying) I don't know how to witness right now.......

quote:

The pain comes through attachment to the person, which can be very strong, especially if with what might be called a "soulmate" or some equivalent term.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (crying)

quote:

By witnessing the process, just feeling the feeling, without attaching the feeling to the person, allows the transformation to occur.

Ahhhhhhhhh  can I speed up the transformation

Oh Sparkle thanks so much....I needed your advice

I thought I knew it all ..........
I think he is more like a soulmate .....I am so much attracted to him and we were never even intimate(I don't know how this happened)

Oh gosh this unbearable........Crying do make me feel better

Oh gosh really I am trying.......its so hard

It is difficult to meditate

Oh Oh Cosmic Troll.........

I realize he has someone else......but I'm not sure of their relationship.......He and I are really good friends........I never thought this would have happened.......

He doesn't know how I feel and I would never tell him........I want him to be happy.....

oh oh oooooooooh I can't think straight

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
Love
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »
Hi Neesha,

quote:
Originally posted by Neesha
I realize he has someone else......but I'm not sure of their relationship.......He and I are really good friends........I never thought this would have happened.......

He doesn't know how I feel and I would never tell him........I want him to be happy.....

I don't want to be harsh or cruel, but this sounds to me
as if you have fallen in love with your imagined love,
this love seems to be 90% in your mind

Don't know if this helps you, but I surely hope it does

Love and Light
Wolfgang

emc

Love
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 08:58:08 PM »
Neesha, you have so much love in you! They say, as long as we can't bear to understand the huge realization that WE ARE that gigantic, strong love, we project it out to someone else, letting them carry it. You seem to have a really big heart opening, and it has all got to do with YOU and your ability to open up to The Love of The Love that You Are! [:)] Perhaps the man is someone you should spend your days with, perhaps not. Meanwhile, just keep crying and fall into that sea of love...

Neesha

Love
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 03:40:30 AM »
Bingo

Wolfgang......thanks

That's it

I thought about that also

but why do I feel so much pain if I reasoned that out?

Okay I found a temporary solution

I found a mantra
"Om gan Ganapataye Namaha" to be verrrrrrrrrrrrry

beneficial

It cleared the heart chakra

I feel the ease in my head.................

except you have to keep saying it

EMC...thanks...we were all made that way......

I'll stick with the crying and wait until he calls again
I'll try to set things straight.....

in the meantime

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (crying)

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
Love
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:29 AM »
Neesha--
Have patience--the heart sometimes needs time for things to fall into place correctly. I also once had a best friend who was my soulmate, with whom I was never intimate--we remained best friends from the time we were 16 years old and found one another to be seekers of god and of truth. All thru high school and college, I felt closer and closer to her, more in tune, until I was 21 and she was 20 and I knew I loved her. When I finally got the nerve to tell her I loved her, the time was finally right--after 5 years of waiting for everything to come together. We became lovers quickly, and I moved in with her within 6 weeks, and within 2 months we were already speaking of marriage. We did marry, right after college graduation, and were together for 34 years, until she died 9 months ago. The advice to follow your heart is good--if you can be silent enough to hear its tender whispers. If it is meant to be, open your heart to it and let yourself enter into this love.

Michael

Neesha

Love
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »
Hi Mikkiji,

Thanks alot you make me feel better. I cried for you too your story is one of happiness and true love.

okay I simmered down for now

I am praying( for me)and the mantra is working

Please accept a hug and love from me I hope it makes you feel happier also

Namaste

Neesha

Love
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:53:43 PM »
It's so strange I feel the innermost need to attend Satsung

I stopped since last year early November

I think it will definitely ease things some more

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Love
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
Hi Neesha

Why don't you ask him out on a date?  And then declare your undying love for him.
At least that would get everything out in the open, and then... who knows?

[:)]

Neesha

Love
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »
Christi,

This would actually be my first time asking a man out.
Wow
as simply as may seem
its worth a try

Neesha

Love
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »
How do one know when he/she is the right one?

1.Are there really butterflies in your stomach?
2.Is it true you see everything through rose spectacles?
3.My spirituality only works well for picking up divine love from persons, how exactly can I trace "love" it in a normal person?
4.I can tell when he's hurt if I say something stupid(yeah it happens)........but I didn't really think reading someone's emotions for oneself is right
5.Is it just a sort of "knowningness"
6.How can I decipher everyone's else feelings but his?
7.I can scan through humans,animals tell their emotions,medical problems etc and yet I am in stillness when he is around.

In the meantime ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll try and meditate

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
Love
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 01:49:25 AM »
Hi Neesha,

Well... I'm no expert, but he sounds like he could be the one. [:)] One things for sure, you'll never know if you don't try!

Christi

p.s. On the question about the ethics involved in using your psychic powers to feel someone else's emotions.... well, personally, I usually don't have a choice. Especially if an emotion is strong in someone else... I feel it. There's no right or wrong, there is just what is.