Author Topic: Trees on distant hillsides  (Read 947 times)

Suryakant

• http://www.myspace.com/jdsmall
Trees on distant hillsides
« on: December 10, 2007, 06:14:16 PM »
While driving to work recently, I got this sense that my relationship to the cells of my physical body is identical to my relationship to the trees growing on distant hillsides.  I've gotten that same sense before -- and it happened again recently, as I was driving to work.

Both my cells and those trees are made of atoms which are made of sub-atomic particles which are made of patterns of energy.  At the atomic and sub-atomic level, there are no solid boundaries between anything - everything is a continuously morphing collection of ever-changing patterns of mutually-interpenetrating energy.  

I now realize that I have no more control over the motion of the cells of my physical body than I have over the motion of those trees on those hillsides. Subjective belief that my ego controls my body arises because of the apparent proximity of my ego to the karmic mosh-pit of energy-gestalts that I call my body; but such belief does not equate to such control in reality - only to a very hypnotically persuasive illusion of such control.

My ego insists that it is what moves my body, yet it does not insist that it is what moves those trees...yet there is no boundary between those trees and my body.

Who, then, is the do-er who is doing those things?  

Not me, because "me" is merely a transient language thoughtform.

And yet, things get done.  

God makes the wind blow which bends those trees.  

Who makes my fingers type this?

emc

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
Hi Suryakant,

What a wonderful first post in forum! Welcome!

Lovely post, lovely experience!

quote:
At the atomic and sub-atomic level, there are no solid boundaries between anything - everything is a continuously morphing collection of ever-changing patterns of mutually-interpenetrating energy.

Yes, that's what's moving. Without movement - only stillness. Without movement, no world.

There is no body and no doer! [:)] And as you so wonderfully point out - no actual control, only imagined control. Thank you for putting it so nicely!

Are you into AYP meditations?

Suryakant

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:13:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Hi Suryakant,

What a wonderful first post in forum! Welcome!

Hi emc,

Thank you. I've lurked around the AYP forums for awhile & thought it was time to join the fun!

quote:

Are you into AYP meditations?

I'm not into the formal set of AYP meditations set forth on this website. Starting with shaktipat initiation into a kundalini maha yoga lineage seventeen years ago, my sadhana has evolved over the years, and at times has included practices similar to some of those described and discussed here.

Presently, I am undergoing a phase of increasing awareness of the illusory nature of form and doership, which sometimes generates epiphanies such as the one I described at the top of this thread.

Some things recently arising in my awareness include:

- Persistence of form is an illusion.

- All matter is composed of energy in ever-changing gestalts.

- No gestalt ever recurs.

- The physical body you had a moment ago is gone forever, replaced in this present moment by a new gestalt that also gives way to a subsequent gestalt.

- Existence is a play of energy-gestalts witnessed by consciousness - a play that comprises all objects of consciousness.

- Consciousness is the passive static witness of energy.

- When consciousness/Shiva realizes its unity with energy/Shakti, existence is experienced as a lucid dream within oneself in the unified double consciousness of jivanmukti.

Thanks for welcoming me, emc.

Namaste,
Suryakant

Richard

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:48:37 AM »
Hi Suryakant and welcome to the forum. Lovely posts! its insights like this that give us the Bhakti to drive us on...thank you [:)]

Suryakant

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Hi Suryakant and welcome to the forum. Lovely posts! its insights like this that give us the Bhakti to drive us on...thank you [:)]

Thanks for your gracious welcome, Richard. There's lots of good reading on this website. I'm glad I found it! [:)]

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:20:33 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

Originally posted by Richard

Welcome to the forum Suryakant, I enjoyed your posts![:)]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 03:12:23 AM by Anthem »

Suryakant

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11
Welcome to the forum Suryakant, I enjoyed your posts![:)]

Thanks, Anthem11. I appreciate how kind and welcoming everybody is being! [:)]

sadhak

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »
Hi Suryakant,
That is a wonderful view to keep the ego at bay. Thank you. I join the others in welcoming you to the forum... look forward to more posts from you![:)]

Suryakant

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:54:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak
Hi Suryakant,
That is a wonderful view to keep the ego at bay. Thank you. I join the others in welcoming you to the forum... look forward to more posts from you![:)]

Thank you, sadhak! [:)]