Author Topic: My relationship  (Read 1157 times)

angeleeyes

My relationship
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:53 PM »
Hi all,
About six months ago i met a girl in a language class.I am 31 and she is 29 years old.As soon as meeting her i felt that i like her and know her for a long time.After some sessions i approached her and suggested to be my partner to practice our lessons and she accepted.We practice via internet.since i have some problems such as i have polio on my right leg and i don't have good financial status now and she has a job and doesn't have any physical problem.she is so kind.I don't know should i approach further or not.For Example her birthday is coming should i buy a present for her or not.I'm afraid she invert my present because of my problems.what should i do.thanks in advance for all answers.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:51:42 AM by angeleeyes »

maheswari

My relationship
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
hello angeleeyes and welcome to the forums!
do u practice yoga?
yoga practices develop stillness so we can see our problems from a different perspective
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:28:00 AM by maheswari »

angeleeyes

My relationship
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:29:03 AM »
Hello maheswari,
No,we practice English.I am practicing yoga for more than 1 year but she doesn't.I suggested her meditation and she accept at the moment but didn't try it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:54:33 AM by angeleeyes »

whippoorwill

My relationship
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
Hi Angeleeyes,  Welcome to the forums!

The only thing I can offer is this:

Please don't worry about the polio.  It is not who you are.  

If you examine who or what you are at your very core, does the impression that arises include the disease?

Does it include the money you make?

If you have a genuine desire to express some affection toward this person, then give her a little birthday present!  [:)]  She may reject it, but love given unconditionally from the heart doesn't care.  At least you may glean some idea of where you stand in her eyes.  [:)]

I hope this helps.
Love!

angeleeyes

My relationship
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
Hi whippoorwill,Thank you!
I am grateful for your offer.I think if someone has a feeling about someone else they have something in common that causes this emotion.What do you think about this?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:26:31 AM by angeleeyes »

kami

My relationship
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

I think if someone has a feeling about someone else they have something in common that causes this emotion.What do you think about this?

Hi angeleeyes,
Welcome to the forums!

Are you referring to feeling like you have known her, or feeling shy about your physical condition?

If you are referring to the first one, it has to do with many things, some known and some unknown. Definitely having things in common, and a physical/emotional chemistry can do it. But it could also be a bond from the past (if you believe in that)..

Feeling shy/inhibited about ourselves, our appearance, our physical/mental/emotional/intellectual state never has anything to do with anyone else [:)]

Enjoy this friendship. That would be my advice!

Love,
kami

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
My relationship
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:01 PM »
Hi angeleeyes

welcome to the forums here! :-)

It's sounds like you may have some romantic feelings for your friend. Correct me if I am wrong. In my experience, such feelings are often the most painful and confusing of all feelings, yet they also provide the greatest room for exploration and growth, whether we enter a relationship or not.

I've been in set-ups when I loved or was attracted to someone more than they loved or were attracted to me. I've sometimes been racked to the core with pain over this. At other times, it's been vice versa, and I've had to end relationships when the other person didn't necessarily want it to end. The latter is worse, i'd rather be hurt myself than hurt someone else.

Nobody can advise anyone else exactly what to do in a situation, you need to find the answers within you through inquiry. Come to a place where you know all the thoughts, beliefs and feelings about your situation very deeply.

I would sit in stillness, with my attention losely focussed on the sensations and emotions in my body and the sounds reaching my ears, and search my heart. Whilst sitting in stillness, it may help to explore questions like:

-Do i have an attachment to a particular outcome in this relationship? would it make cause me a lot of unhappiness if it didn't go the way I wanted it to?

-What outcome does my mind imagine if I make my feelings known? What outcome does my heart imagine if I make my feelings known? What am I afraid will happen if I make my feelings known?

-What thoughts and feelings do I have about myself and my attractiveness and desirability? Do I believe I am desirable to this person, or do I have a hard time believing?

Be deeply, deeply honest. If you're like me and have had a lot of pain around this stuff, this practice can be very painful, but also deeply revealing.

Try to let of go of any desire or attachment or fear. If you can't let it go by noticing it, instead resolve to just completely allow the desire/attachment/fear to be exactly as it is.

Remember this: any thought/feeling that you have that says "i'm not desirable enough" or fears a bad outcome - these are just thoughts, and emotions are just sensations in the body. They are not the real truth. But at the same time, the thoughts and feelings you've believed in the past often created the reality you've experienced up until know. They aren't the truth about you, but they can affect the situations you tend to manifest.

The main and most important factor here is inner silence, this comes through deep meditation. As the witnessing aspect deepens in your experience, the thoughts and emotions that seemed to be true and define our reality, become increasingly transparent and insubstantial.

With this, we are able to let the old limiting structures of who we thought we were dissolve, and something new and better may rise from the ashes.

All my love to you and the very best for your situation

love

josh <3

angeleeyes

My relationship
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
Hi Kami and mr_anderson,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and wisdom.

I bought her a little birthday present and she got so happy and surprised
and thanked me a lot because she didn't expect that,but even with this reaction i don't know how she really thinks and feels about me.How can i find out this?!
any ideas will be appreciated.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:19:50 PM by angeleeyes »

Namath

My relationship
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
Hi :)

if your concern about polio n your financial status then it's not really something to worry about.

If she likes you,she won't care about these stuff.

We have a local saying ' you take the monkey for his wealth,the wealth goes n you are left with a monkey :) '

I had a flatmate that dated a man for few months and loved him. Later on ,He had an accident n was on wheelchair n rejected her because of his case. It took her years to heal from this pain because she loved him n didn't matter for her if he's on wheelchair or not.
Five years now n she is in a relation but still love her old man.

Now the question is does she like you as you like her :) ?
You can only answer this.

:D  

the best.

whippoorwill

My relationship
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
Hi angeleeyes!  I'm so glad she was happy to receive the present!  [:)]

Instead of asking, "what does she think of me?" I would turn the question around and instead ask, "what do I think of myself?"

If you can know, love, and accept yourself, then you will be able to love and accept her, including whatever thoughts she has of you.  If she has thoughts of rejection, then you will be able to respectfully move on without your entire self image being torn apart by the experience.

If you haven't already started a daily Deep Meditation practice, I would highly recommend it.  It will give you a stable foundation for weathering the ups and downs of a romantic relationship.  It's brought a great deal of happiness to my own marriage.  [:)]

All the best to you!
--Liz

kami

My relationship
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

How can i find out this?!

Why not just ask her? [:)] [:)]

Whippoorwill's advice is right on, angeleeyes. This relationship dilemma is a fantastic opportunity to begin to look within. At the end of the day, it does not matter what anyone else thinks of us, and who loves us or accepts us. Deep meditation and other practices gradually help us become complete within ourselves.

Love,
kami

angeleeyes

My relationship
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »
Hi all,

I'm so grateful for your advices and your open arms!

I have started Deep Daily Meditation about a year and half and I have changed pretty much.Now I'm more stable and powerful than before.And it has helped me a lot in every situation.[:)]

Thank you!!

Love,

angeleeyes

Namath

My relationship
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 06:56:09 AM »
[3]

can I share one more arabic poetry verse, it says :

"Salam on her if she likes my love & if not then Salam on another "    // I usually amend it from another to many others...& put a him inspite of her.works perfectly well[^]

[:)]

angeleeyes

My relationship
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 07:26:51 AM »
Hi Namath,

thank you for sharing.

What do you mean by :
quote:
I usually amend it from another to many others...& put a him inspite of her.works perfectly well

[:)]?

Namath

My relationship
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
nothing serious...it's just a joke I remind myself of when the feeling in a relation is not mutual...not to waste energy in that direction. If someone rejects me, i find there're many others who wish to be with me...so why bother with the wrong person :)