Author Topic: "Yes and No" before "letting go", please  (Read 1060 times)

nearoanoke

"Yes and No" before "letting go", please
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 08:04:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Personally I believe that most of the extremist muslims don't become terrorists because of their bhakti.

I agree. Bhakti is the wrong word here. It is more because of the environment and to some extent genetical. Probably we could call it misguided Bhakti which turned into religious fanaticism. The Islam religion doesnt anyway promote or support this kind of thing. Infact most of the muslim friends who follow religion "correctly" are very honest and display the qualities of a true spiritual aspirant.

-Near

david_obsidian

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »
David (I) said:
Of course, it could be said that AYP forum should be come a forum for an "AYP Organization". In that case, Yogani is in charge, and what he wants to be said will be said. I'll be outa here though.

What I wrote there is one of those things that can seem really fine or really mean,  depending on how it is looked at.  I don't mean it meanly,  and I am sorry if it seems this way.  Sorry as in 'it's my fault'.

In fact,  the truth is,  there could well be a forum that is part of an AYP organization,  and there are things said there that Yogani doesn't like.  The truth is,  he shows enormous tolerance and fexibility with what he allows on the forum,  and that could well continue.

And the truth is,  even if the forum becomes like that (and I'm not sure it will,  that's just an 'if')  I might well continue to contribute to it.  Why not?  It wouldn't be quite the same as we have now,  and I'd prefer it as it is,  but I'm not going to 'leave in protest' or anything like that.

We all have attachments.  I have an attachment to the forum as I experienced it so far; 'Talking out loud'  from an attached point of view is always dodgey, and I am sorry if I annoyed anyone by doing that here.

Regards to all,

-David

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »
quote:
PS. Dont you think by talking more about the positives of AYP.. we would get more TM guys out here.. than by saying how wrong Maharishi was????

That's a very good point, and one that's so simple-seeming it could get lost.

It's easy to knock the dumb stuff. Lord knows there's a lot of it. Once knocking starts, it's very tempting and contagious. But it does nothing but polarize the conversation.

You don't help a Kenny G fan by telling him his hero sucks. You help by simply turning him on to John Coltrane, and the Kenny G fascination will quickly fall away of its own accord.

Nobody gets convinced in the negative, but lives can be changed via the viral effects of pointing out treasure.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 01:46:20 AM »
Quit knocking Kenny G!! just kidding, but I can see how somebody would like him.
Good point, Jim'n.

This is all part of the "baby with the bathwater" syndrome. I'm tired of that though; I think I'll rename it the "Good News is No News" syndrome!

We do something extremely good for the world, then we screw up and all anyone talks about is the bad stuff.  Pretty prevalent in the news here in the USA. Has to do with money. Good news doesn't sell.

I don't believe in sugar coating everything and ignoring the negative.
But I do think we should favor the positive (thank you Yogani for that concept).
So we could say Maharishi did so much for so many, and he's been in a bad place for a while now. Hope he comes out of it, or maybe some of the people who have gained so much from him in the past can somehow return the favor?
Also there's the possibility that there's nothing wrong with him at all but being surrounded by the wrong "crew".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 01:48:52 AM by Etherfish »