Author Topic: Out of Body Experience  (Read 5159 times)

anita

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »
I had some out of body experiences while doing trance work at the Monroe Institute in Virginia.  Very interesting to see where really deep meditation/trance work can take you.  It was years ago but I think the Monroe Institute (founded by Robert Monroe, whose books someone else mentioned) still does the seminars, they are very good.  They have a website.  You are more than your body.

SeySorciere

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Hello all,
I have just spotted this thread again and thought I'd give feedback after a year since I first posted. I pursued OBEs and astral travel actively and have had some success. I LOVE IT! My first reaction whenever I'm "out" is over-excitement... which often zaps me right back into my body. I feel like a dog who has been released after being tied down a couple of days. I go wild - swirling, shooting off into space and back down at lightning speed, laughing in pure delight. I usually end up lost this way. After I've calmed down enough to try and state a destination, I no longer know where I am. I have experienced very conscious exit and re-entry, slow and controlled, marveling at my new body.
I am frustrated, however, that I still can't do it at will and it takes so long.. over an hour, of lying still and/or some rope-climbing (Robert Bruce Method)  

Voila !

Seysorciere

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
Out of Body Experience
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere
My first reaction whenever I'm "out" is over-excitement... which often zaps me right back into my body.

Yes, a dream ends the same way too.  Over-excitement, over-fear or over-suspicion would immediately bring us out from the dream and we find ourselves safe on our beds.

[:D]

AYPadmin

Re: Out of Body Experience
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »
SeySorciere
Seychelles
1207 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  01:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
So, 9 years down the line. How do you get out of your body when you are no longer in your body? It?s a question that puzzled me for years. After about two years 2010 - 2011 of exploring OBEs and astral journeys , I lost interest in the whole thing. In later years , when once in a while, I would wish to ?get out of my body? , I found I no longer knew how. I was no longer in my body but my body in me. So how to I access the astral? I still did at times but with no control, no Will, No sense of journeying, just sudden awareness of a different realm .
More years went by and I came to see that the astral too is within me. But still, how do I access specific places? Times?
Then, last night I had an experience. I have been ?keeping an eye? on a young nephew who has just discovered the ?fun? of marijuana and journeying. Except he doesn?t seem to be having fun... lower world entities and such resulting in psychotic episodes. So he was ?somewhere? riding an eagle, when I popped out beside him, traveling at great speed. He happily called out to me, then grabbed and pull me into the eagle with him. I felt my sight adjust to the eagle?s sight. For a moment all three were one. Then something within me felt that this was not right and I pull out and sat up. I don?t expect everyone to believe this story and think I was dreaming.

My point, you pop into places. Which is logical... don?t know why I didn?t see it before. That does not mean I now know how to do it at Will or how choose a specific location.

The wonders of our mind !

Sey

Stille
Germany
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  06:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Thank you for your update SeySorciere! Just yesterday I was thinking about the subject and today this thread pops up
Go to Top of Page

CAA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2019 :  11:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
These OBE's started happening to me a few years ago at night ( i wasn't looking for it to happen they just started) and lasted of and on for 6-8 months.. Its been a year since its happened. I guess if i tried to make them happen i could but i don't try really, although i find them very fascinating! Maybe as mediation progresses it will be like Tibetan ice and Holy speak of? Sounds fun!

CAA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2019 :  11:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Also for those interested, the Frank Kepple resource is available online, just google his name. His experience with this subject is amazing to read about lots of his personal experiences and assistance for those who need help.

interpaul
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2019 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I had been interested in this stuff awhile ago and was particularly interested in "proving" it was real to myself. I had my daughter place a random magazine on a random page on top of the bookshelf well above eye level. If I was able to leave my body and document what page the magazine was open to I would have definitive proof this is real. Unfortunately I have not been able to achieve this and found it was disrupting my sleep too much or taking too much time otherwise. Anyone do any experiments that "proved" they had left their body? After reading a number of the books can anyone recommend just one book to read that works most closely with the AYP practices?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:17:50 AM by AYPadmin »