Author Topic: Out of Body Experience  (Read 5162 times)

SeySorciere

Out of Body Experience
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:51:29 PM »
Dear all,

I would like to share with you my first out-of-body experience and loved to hear your comments

Last Friday evenng, I went to listen to a talk given by a German Lady who is marketing a seminar called "A Path To Light"; as the cost to follow this seminar is pretty high, I thought I would hear a talk about it first. She started with a meditation session of 45 mins. It was guided meditation centred on the heart; my first experience of such. Having a good depth of abiding inner silence, I immediately slipped into deep silence as soon as I closed my eyes and could concentrate purely on her voice and instructions in an easy and relaxed manner. She started with asking you to feel your heart fill with Love; then scanned your body with the Love, then move the Love outwards towards your neighbour. We were about 10 persons sitting in a circle. Towards the end of the session, she said - Now see how far you can extend your Love

With the first breath, I pulsated my Love energy in concentric circles (I must say, it was just energy and not really an outpour of divine Love, which I have experienced a couple of times before) to cover the room. Second breath, I pulsated and covered beyond the mountains outside. Third breath, the island. Then I instinctively gathered energy from the others, intending to cover the world. I released and I hear a loud crack, like an electric spark, and the next thing I know, I am spinning into space. I am just a light or I am following a light. I look back and I see my body collapse on my chair, sobbing (but I can't see the room nor the others, just me on the chair, very far away). I hesitate between going forward and going back, slowing down. Then I hear her voice asking if I'm ok and she closes my crown chakra with her hands and I am back in my body.

It was my first out-of-body experience. It happened in seconds - wish I had had more time to explore and orient myself. Hmm.. maybe next time.

I felt deep peace for the rest of the evening

Awesome !

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
Out of Body Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
Wow! Great experience.

The drop is falling back into the ocean.

Pheel

• http://www.aypchina.com
Out of Body Experience
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »
Hey Seysorciere,

Honestly I'm not a big fan of getting these experience under the palm of another person. But as long as you feel great afterward, then it's probably a very positive experience.

Ps, Tama mentions a tip from his qigong teacher: you will come back if you touch your body when you are out of it. For your reference in case you travel out by yourself next time:)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 12:09:30 PM by Pheel »

Rael

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
Dear Sey,

Wow, i am happy for you! One of my favorite things in Life itself!...AND probably something i need to let go of, as well! [:0]

Ah well......

Smiles
Rael

SeySorciere

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
Philaboston - thanks for the tip ! I don't think the Lady's purpose was to enable astral traveling. She was just doing a regular, meditation session. I do want to try again on my own (although I doubt the same method will work twice! Just one of those things that happpen once and you can't reproduce)

Thanks all

SeySorciere

Rael

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37:33 AM »
Hi Sey!

It can definitely be reproduced, but possibly not as easily and spontaneously in the same situation. Just reading about it and getting excited about it can cause it to happen!

Happy Flying!

Rael [:X]

YogaIsLife

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »
Nice experience SeySorciere. I am getting interested in out-of-body experiences myself, after reading/hearing accounts of near death experiences and other types of experiences where people see their own body and the room/people/situation clearly. A quite straightforward way to knowing for sure one is not one's body hein? :)

So, following from that, Rael - what book(s) could you recommend to get you inspired? I like stories of people who were not actively pursuing that experience but happened to them anyway (like near death experiences), not so much "technical" manuals. Thanks much!

P.S.: Not that my main aim in life and Yoga in general is to fly around outside my body, it is just a particular interest I have at the moment - like a hobby or a science project. Why not?! [:)]

tomllee

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »
I think you should definately read the books by Robert Monroe, probably in the order written.  Reading his first book prompted my first out of body experience.

Journeys Out of the Body (1971) ISBN 0-385-00861-9
Far Journeys (1985) ISBN 0-385-23182-2
Ultimate Journey (1994) ISBN 0-385-47208-0

wigswest

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 05:49:08 AM »
I've gotten to the age where I view astral stuff as a distraction and time waster...but for you younger guys, your mileage may vary ;)

That being said, Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics is about as good as it gets :)

http://www.amazon.com/Astral-Dynamics-Out-Body-Experiences/dp/1571746161/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268160520&sr=8-2

Holy

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
@YogaIsLife

do your AYP practice and push a little bit the part of SBP and of YMK. After the session, lay down in corpse position in your bed. Cover the body and let it be comfortable. Stop moving physically and relax into the body for an indefinite timing (till it happens).

If a good degree of witnessing is already present and mother kundalini is a bit more active, after about 20-60 minutes not doing anything you can switch over to astral consiousness. It happened for me many hundred times and gave some good insights.

But you will find out very fast, that the astral sphere is highly appealing and attracting and in fact just another sphere. Much more responsive to your wishes, much more fluid, much more time/space games. If you can resist and stay in your bed even though you are astrally consious, it can deepen to more refined spheres till you land in pure bliss being.

With a male body, my penis is always errect when the switch happens and the energy flows from there up the spine and back and does his own game. Sometimes if the sexual energy gets too high I have to do a very strong mula bandha to not ejaculate which happend a lot in the early happenings (without a single physical movement)some years ago. Don't know how this is for a female body.

I'm not sure, but it feels like the body is not breathing while this happens. It is reproducable and the formula is always like that:

Good amount of witness + a lot of kunda action + laying down doing nothing, like going to sleep, complete let go.

Downsides, it eats a lot of time and brings a lot of instability. And you are most probably here to live with a physical dominant reality. Do your research, but not in trade off with stable twice daily practice. One can see how IAM works fore example and why SBP is one of the best pranayams. So yeah, one can do AYP practice while being in the astral body too. But it is not very easy because of the immense responsiveness.

YogaIsLife

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 06:59:44 AM »
Thanks a lot for all the feedback [:)]

Yes, I know it is just "fun and games" but, like Holy said, can give good insights. At least I am curious. It does not lead to liberation, of that I am sure. Only one thing does, and it is not astral projecting that will do it :D

Anyway, as a scientist [8D], and realising that it is possible, what I would really like to experience is a confirmation, like hearing some one else's conversation in another room, or somethign like that. People with near death experiences had that often. Pretty intriguing, and gives you the clear sense that you are not confined to the body.

Thanks tomllee and wigswest for the book refs. For the moment I got Graham Dack "The Out of Body Experience" from the Library. Should be good.

What did you guys learn from being "out there"? [:)]

Tibetan_Ice

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife
What did you guys learn from being "out there"? [:)]

You will have questions about ethics, like "should I ask for someone's permission before I 'spy on them'".

The colors are never identical to the colors on the earth plane. So if you see someone wearing a green shirt through astral vision, it might actually be red or blue in every day life.  

Also, stay away from high voltage power lines. They will pull you in like a high powered magnet, trapping you there like flypaper.  

:)
TI

Rael

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »
Dear Yoga

One fun way is to read Carlos Castaneda, starting with "The Teachings of Don Juan". Those used to pop me out and "Journeys out of the Body" and "Far Journeys" by the modern master, Robert Monroe! "Projection of the Astral Body" by Muldoon and Carrington" (great accounts and  methods too!). "Otherwhere" by a student of Monroe.

Immerse yourself in this and Lucid Dreaming material: Lucid Dreaming books by LaBerge. "Creative Dreaming" also great....chapter on "Learning from Senoi Dreamers", fast and easy method and results! Rest of book great dream education and handbook. Patricia Garfield!

Let me know if you want more.

I'd love to hear how you do!

The easiest way is to get Monroe's Gateway Experience at a discount on Amazon. Wave 1 alone, can get you detaching from the body. He also published one that is just focused specifically on Astral release.

Hugs

Rael!

Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Nice experience SeySorciere. I am getting interested in out-of-body experiences myself, after reading/hearing accounts of near death experiences and other types of experiences where people see their own body and the room/people/situation clearly. A quite straightforward way to knowing for sure one is not one's body hein? :)

So, following from that, Rael - what book(s) could you recommend to get you inspired? I like stories of people who were not actively pursuing that experience but happened to them anyway (like near death experiences), not so much "technical" manuals. Thanks much!

P.S.: Not that my main aim in life and Yoga in general is to fly around outside my body, it is just a particular interest I have at the moment - like a hobby or a science project. Why not?! [:)]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:30:37 PM by Rael »

SeySorciere

Out of Body Experience
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »
Wow! More to read. Thanks guys. I definitely want to learn more. I will start with Holy's "easy" method.
Oh and do I need to worry about lower beings? I will not bring "someone" back with me when I get back into the body?? - [:D] I may have watched too many horror movies and completely misinformed but I thought I'd ask.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:25:35 PM by SeySorciere »

manigma

• http://www.facebook.com/manigma
Out of Body Experience
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice
Also, stay away from high voltage power lines. They will pull you in like a high powered magnet, trapping you there like flypaper.  

hahaha.. India is a good place for OBE/astral travel then. Here the power goes out every few hours. So if one gets trapped in the lines he need not worry too long.

Is there a possibility that while you are traveling outside your body, another spirit can take over your body or get attached to it?

How do we deal with that?

How far have you traveled? Another country, planet or NASA space station orbiting the earth?  I am just curious.