Author Topic: Lights again!  (Read 597 times)

aditya

Lights again!
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:05:43 AM »
Hi Wise ones,

Pranam!

I am back again after a long break from the forum. I have some experience and I would like to share. You know, people can see light in meditation. What is different in this case is that, I see light without meditation. It is not willful, but rather happens anytime. It is an streak of light. The best that I can describe it is as follows: it is like making a streak with your finger on a dew moist window, except that it can happen on walls and can go away without a trace. Please share your experience.

Richard

Lights again!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:46 AM »
Hi aditya

Is well worth getting anything to do with the eyes checked out this could be an energy phenomena but I experienced something very similar and that turned out to be a very slight leak of vitreous humour into the rear of the retina.
In my case it was nothing to worry about and there was nothing to do but I was told that these symptoms can sometimes be a prelude to a retinal detachment so go get it checked just in case. Your eyes are not something you want to take chances with.

riptiz

Lights again!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 07:06:30 AM »
Hi,
Well I haven't seen streaks of light but I have had shimmering like you see on a hot road when you see a mirage.I have had this at nighttime in my periphial vision as well as in daylight in my full vision range.It's like blurring of the vision sometimes with heatwave like views.
L&L
Dave

LittleTurtle

Lights again!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
Seeing "lights" when not meditating can be any number of things. I sometimes see blues balls of light very briefly. I have had this since youth. It's not a visual disturbance. But I have also had visual migraines which are very much like what riptiz discribes. Always best to check out any visual disturbance just as others have suggested. During meditation I sometimes see so much light that I get sidetracked, but it's fun :)