Author Topic: "manifesting" - DUH!  (Read 1164 times)

NikeLoka

"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 04:43:18 AM »
Sounds awesome! I'm glad you got what you always wanted since I'm on the path also it gives me encouragement!

crazymandrew

"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:29 PM »
I'm surprise more people at ayp aren't into manifestation as a side project.  It's not my main goal.

"All that I am is the result of all that I have thought" - Buddha.

That's a real quote as far as I know.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 10:49:24 PM »
He meant it for everyone:

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Buddha

“Whether you think you can or can’t either way you are right.”
- Henry Ford 1863-1947

karl

"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 02:01:52 AM »
I did a fair bit of life coaching for people before AYP. I used achievable goal setting,  visualisation, value elicit action/ change work  and over coming negative beliefs. It takes a couple of days to set it up and is completed by using time line therapy to install the goal in the clients time frame. It usually includes a session to get rid of negative emotions and some positive stuff around getting  physical life tidied up.

Anyone who wants a session to try this out  I'm happy to work with. It is face to face.

Does it work ? The short answer is that it does. The long answer is that there is no proof that it does and of course it might have happened anyway.

Part of the work is for the client to accept a degree of flexibility in manifesting the goal . Accepting that it might not happen on the precise date or in the precise way  visualised. Sometimes its really around giving confidence that something can be achieved and that pushes the person towards making it come true through their own effort and actions. Indeed , accepting that doing something towards the manifestation is a pre-requisite.

Say you want a sports car or a million pounds. Well, you might want to go through the coaching to get the motivation to get these things. However, they are unlikely to drop through the door and are much more likely to come from getting a better job, starting a succesful business etc.

Personally, filling your life with stuff is pointless. It isn't he answer to anything and doesn't make you happier. I apply that to God as well as sports cars. Material and spiritual manifestations are separated only by the physical. At least the spiritual manifestation leads in a direction away from the gross material, but reliance on a spiritual manifestation can become a block to further progress.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
Yes, filling your life with stuff is pointless assuming that you are a person who thinks material wealth will make you happy. But if you are a person who struggles with the very basics even though you put out enough honest energy and work to be a millionaire, that kind of help can be physically enlightening!

JosephUK

"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
there is a principle in what you say:

nothing else matters.

nothing matters

else matters too

both inwardly and outwardly.

best walk the path in the middle for the edges are steep and dangerous, until one knows the way. then one can walk in dangerous ways and know when theyre appropriate, no sheep can be lost.

karl

"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes, filling your life with stuff is pointless assuming that you are a person who thinks material wealth will make you happy. But if you are a person who struggles with the very basics even though you put out enough honest energy and work to be a millionaire, that kind of help can be physically enlightening!

I think for those I have coached it has proved to be a benefit. Although at the time, I now realise I was attempting to wake myself up, by waking them. That wasn't very helpful for either of us. [B)]

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
"manifesting" - DUH!
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
Thanks, guys, for your input!

Karl, when I say "God" I'm not referring to "spiritual manifestations," i.e. "scenery."  Very difficult to put into words, though.

Joseph, if the path I've been walking is "dangerous," well it's too late.  It got me where I was going, and here I am, and I trust that everything will continue to unfold in whatever manner it's supposed to.  I have literally nothing to lose at this point.

Love you guys! [3][/\]