Author Topic: Children are good at washing away Karma  (Read 894 times)

Chiron

Children are good at washing away Karma
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:53:56 PM »
My three year old nephew is a very smart and gentle child.  But there are times when he gets into this barbarian frenzy and starts kicking and punching.

Today I was sitting calmly in my morning meditation and he ran up at full speed and jumped on my back.  Then made me bow about 30 times by pressing my head to the floor.  Then finished it off with a nail scratch on the neck and a bite to the skull.

I used to react to this with an angry voice, but now I just accept whatever comes my way knowing that it is only karma and there is no point in continuing the anger cycle.

n/a

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 01:12:54 AM »
Hello Chiron -

All children are smart and gentle, but some need a little pushing in the right direction.  This is not normal behavior.  Perhaps it's karma, perhaps something else is going on.  The first thing that jumped into my mind when I read this is "this child sounds like he falls on the autism / ADD spectrum".  Has this child child been vaccinated?  That is the #1 cause of this type of behavior in my experience.  I don't think you are doing this child any favors by accepting this behavior.  This will be my last post here at AYP, but if you would like to PM me to discuss this further, please feel free.  My email is comdynew@yahoo.com .

Best wishes,

comdyne

Kyman

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 01:43:37 AM »
There are a lot of influences these days, in movies, cartoons, schoolyards.  GI Joe, pokemon, UFC, etc.

Some of the most dramatic healings in all of my life have been the result of tending to children.  I've experienced major healings at the heart level by trying to become a good servant to the child.

Play fighting is perfectly fine as long as the child is just exploring their body once and a while.  You want to begin and end the session with you are being the dominant consciousness.  The child's cosnciousness should follow your cue.  

If the child doesn't listen, take away their privlidges and/or put them in time out, and end each exchange with hugs and kisses.  Make them feel so good that time outs feel really bad.  Hugs and kisses.

Neesha

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:57:05 AM »
My experience with kids from 3 years and up is that I feel really tingly and nice when they play with my hair.

It is almost as if their aura ....when they are near me puts me in a mellow mood.......sort of like blissful too....to me it seems as though something leaves my hair and passes onto them or maybe its the reverse.....I would pay a million dollars to have a child play with my hair every day.....

Kids actually relaxes me.........

but not all though.........there are "different" ones out there

babies go wild when they see my hair as if at the moment they have to touch my hair...I wonder what they see.....

I remember I was at the mall and baby stretched out with accuracy and held on  to my hair........gosh it was a painful experience for me.....but the child eyes lit up at if seeing something really nice..

it still happens up till today......so I stay clear of babies

but I do agree children in general do have some sort of effect upon me......an they are always attracted to my hair...

Namaste