Author Topic: how to fit in second session in my crazy schedule?  (Read 658 times)

George27

how to fit in second session in my crazy schedule?
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
Hi,
My life is pretty chaotic and thats fine, but how to fit in my second session? Whats the minimum time between practice and sleep in the evening? Yogani said thats its better not to practice then to practice right before going to bed....

Tnx

Chaz

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
My understanding of Yogani's advice on the matter was that it's better to meditate before bed than to not meditate at all. Generally I would have to agree, unless one is experiencing overload symptoms or practices are interfering with restful sleep. But for someone with a busy schedule I think meditation before bed is a good compromise. Maybe others will offer their input.

Dogboy

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
I second Chaz's response. By meditating before bed you miss out on taking the inner silence experience into daily activity, and the late hour (being tired) could make it less effective. Two a day still trumps one a day.

Over time, as you become accustomed to the practice, you may find it easier to enter DM and then you can 'steal' a quick meditation while riding in a taxi or waiting to board a plane, for instance.

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:52:07 AM »
I have meditated before bed for over a year. You still get a lot of the benefits and it is much better than once a day. That second one in the evening can be a real nice kicker [:)]

What do you miss? Again the beauty of the effects during the day. If you can't fit it in then do it before bed. The only worry is if you have trouble sleeping, I find it knocks me out and I sleep really good. Add in a little cosmic samyama and enjoy!

George27

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:20:22 AM »
Thank you all for the reply,
I guess no more excuses for my second session then, even right before I go to bed if thats the case.