Author Topic: How to begin?  (Read 1658 times)

Dogboy

How to begin?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
Easy there, cowboy! First you couldn't do 20 minutes and now you want to do four sessions!? Follow the lessons, slowly add to your practice as you progress. Consistency is important. If things are going well, enjoy that for what it is. Don't let your enthusiasm put you into the ditch! partner.After all, if two aspirins take care of a headache, you wouldn't take the whole bottle, would you?

Sungazer

How to begin?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
Sorry for this stupid previous questions... xD

I have some new experiences right now.

I tend to breathe a lot during the meditation.
It goes like this: about first 5 minutes i breathe and think mantra at the same time; then i get little deeper into mantra and for few seconds only think matra and then for few seconds only breathe (but really really deep, sometimes even fast).

When I breathe so intesive i can't concetrate that much on mantra so I don't know is that good. Maybe this means i should start doing Pranayama before mantra meditation so maybe that would satisfy my need for deep breathing during meditation?

Also, sometimes I feel something so extreme when I breath deep and fast enough, I feel massive energy, I don't know how to describe it (on English, sorry), but it's so massive and extreme all over my body!!! I even feel it in my teeth!!
I have also felt that a few times before when sungazing, and then i have also been breathing very intesive.

SeySorciere

How to begin?
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
Dear Sungazer,

Glad to hear you are still at it. Yes, you should start Spinal Breathing Pranayama. It will help stabilize the energy surges (kundalini awakening) you are experiencing by channeling it through the central channel. SBP helps you prepare the way for the energy to flow smoothly or else you will start experiencing unpleasant overload syndromes. Breathing long and deep is normal and nothing to worry about. However, we know what to do, right? Favour the mantra and not the breathing.

Good luck [/\]

Sey

Sungazer

How to begin?
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 01:12:19 AM »
Okay, but I still don't meditate with my legs crossed as recomended. I'm just not able to, can't even get them to a proper position, they will heart me if I stay like that for so long. But Yogani says we can skip that if necessary, so I guess I will.

I don't understand this:
"Work your muscles so each breath begins in your belly and fills you up through your chest to the top of your collarbones, and then comes back down slowly."
Should I do it before each inhale/exhale into sushumna or just for few times before I start inhaling/exhaling into sushumna?

Somebody asked me about my sungazing, but now, post is deleted by moderator I guess, I guess because of off-topic. Just to answer quickly (not to get in off-topic to much), still doing it, currently on 8:30.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:58:37 AM by Sungazer »

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
How to begin?
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 03:46:31 AM »
Proper breathing starts with the belly first. Look at how a baby breathes, he/she starts with the belly. That is all Yogani is saying. Breath proper with the belly first and the with the lungs/chest.

Sol Invictus

How to begin?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
Hey Sungazer!

By all means,don't ditch Sungazing.Back there in Croatia,nicer weather has arrived which means many beautiful sunsets and sunrises.
I started with Sungazing in 2009. and it is best thing that ever happened to me in this life.For me,it is spiritual practice with great potentials and some drawbacks.
But if you do it with faith and open your self to Light/Prana coming from the Sun,it can take you quite far.That doesn't mean you should quit with AYP meditation or Pranayama.It is ok to gaze the Sun and practice other stuff.

I suppose you are doing it as taught by Sri Hira Ratan Manek.
What is your current time in Sungazing?
Svako dobro!(All the best!)

P.S.
Post was deleted because i wrote few words in Croatian without providing translation.Good to know that you are still doing Sungazing.Try to be regular in it as much as possible,don't doubt it,have faith and results should come[/\]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:14:46 AM by Sol Invictus »

Sungazer

How to begin?
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
so, i have to increase my stomach when I breathe in, that is belly breathing? and then, from belly to lungs and then to collard bones?

Sol Invictus i deffinitly agree about SG, i would even call it superior to other yogas, it can even get you to breatharianism! in 9 months only; because sun is the highest energy we have on earth.
sry for offtopic everyone :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:59:32 AM by Sungazer »

philpinder

How to begin?
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »
Start daily yoga classes with Yoga Aura vinyasa yoga boca raton this will help to reduce stress and keep you healthy all the time. Yoga also helps to reduce weight and make you fit. My weight was 80 kg when i start yoga aura classes and in just 5 months i reduced 20 kg weight with hot yoga classes and mow i feel more fit then before.