Author Topic: Thinking problem  (Read 686 times)

ak33

Thinking problem
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
Hey guys, haven't posted a topic for a while. For about half a year now I haven't been able to keep a steady meditation practice because whenever I settle into a meditation I start thinking about the practice (while I'm meditating). I have a fear of overloading it seems and I automatically start looking for signs of overload, which I obviously find even though nothing is really happening. I keep looking for signs of overload and my practices reflect what I'm projecting, so this eventually leads to me dropping the practice. The only meditation I can do is breath meditation, and its really frustrating me. Can someone please help

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Thinking problem
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:29 AM »
Tough one to get over unless you "decide" you are done with this fear. Once you decide to see it is an imagined fear (based on the past), it wont bother you anymore.
One way to work with this is to catch what comes up during meditation, and write them down.. then do The Work (or some form of inquiry) on it.
[:)]

Holy

Thinking problem
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:10:41 AM »
Hi ak33,

if the overload is temporary, then go through it. Slight overload or overload for a short period of time is like going for the first time to a new working area or having to do something unfamiliar and new. After 2-3 times it is like a peace of cake. If it is something persistent, then the topic is different.

Fearing the overload is allowed, still keep up the practice to see what is true about it ;)

Peace friend :)

ak33

Thinking problem
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:50:04 AM »
Thank you both for your responses :)

Specifically, I get intense pressure in my forehead during meditation accompanied by some pain. I don't really know what to do as just when I think a meditation is going well this seems to pop up again. Whether its just a mental problem or a spiritual blockage I really have no idea. Even with solar centering I get pressure in the third eye area.