Author Topic: Advice on core practice  (Read 946 times)

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:38 AM »
Hi, I've recently started backing off practices after having started on 20 mins DM and 5 mins SBP so I reduced to ten mins DM and 3 mins SBP and I was still overloading so I dropped DM to 8.

Now I've dropped deep meditation all together and just do SBP but it still isnt balanced.

Last night was a night of sleepless ecstasy which gradually began to lose its fun.

Does anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe dropping the spb to 3 min and either leaving at that. I can't seem to practice the breath meditation as i just can't settle.

Perhaps I should drop spb altogether and practice DM.

Should I have waited longer before adding spb, I thought the two core practices worked hand in hand.

I think this message seems a bit garbled which seems to reflect my nervous system.

Joe

SwamiX

Advice on core practice
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 02:26:33 AM »
Hi Joe,

I would drop the spinal breathing and start working with the meditation time frame. Start out at 15 minutes, and, if that does not work, go to 10. I am going on 5 years of practice, and I have to be very careful with SB. It is a deceptively powerful practice. Over the last few years, I add it at various points and then have to scale back to DM because of overload. Instead of minutes, I count the number of rounds – usually as low as 3 to 5. Even adding a few rounds of SB for a week or two deepens the quality of mediation. Mediation really is the core practice and foundation, so work with that alone for a few weeks or months. Once you have a stable practice you can add a few rounds of SB to your morning practice for a few weeks and see how it goes.

When I first discovered AYP a few years ago, I thought I would add a new practice, wait a month or two, and add another one, etc. I hit a wall pretty fast. Yogani has laid out this amazing series of practices, but you really do have to be careful and methodical as you move forward or you can reach a point where you have to stop completely due to overload.

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
Advice on core practice
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 02:30:45 AM »
Hi Joe,

Sometimes people are just really sensitive to energy practices or the combination of both. It is not advisable for you to just do SP all by itself. From what I am told that can create imbalances, not a good thing.

Have you tried Solar Centering Here:

If that doesn't work with SP and you are still overloading I would drop SP and just do DM until your able to add it down the road. Another alternative is to try alternate nostril breathing in place of SP.

I hope that helps.

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:26:12 AM »
Hey thanks for both of your replies.

I am going to switch to deep meditation and when i feel substantial stability i'll move on to spinal breathing, as you say a few rounds is probably enough and maybe due to the delayed effect i may have to self pace.

I am cutting back so i think breath meditation might be too much with the solar centering enhancement.

i didnt realise that the only core practice was deep meditation.

joe

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:49:53 AM »
interestingly i've been considering the whole issue of grounding and read a little about it on this forum, i cant seem to find the thread again?

however i've bought two sets of grounding and protection crystals which (having owned one set already) seem to be useful for overall grounding of a building, and although my building is a place with lots of love it is also earthed. This might help others who are experiencing kundalini related symptoms.

joe

BillinL.A.

Advice on core practice
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:57:26 AM »
Hi Joseph here's that thread on grounding:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=13574

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:31 AM »
Thanks.

interestingly i was once advised to avoid grounding when practicing yoga

i had a brief experience with a boddhisattva whose empowerment i had recieved soothing the static in my system. and so far tonight i've found medicine buddha helping me thts not mantra repetition but listening to a cd.

joe

BillinL.A.

Advice on core practice
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 08:39:53 AM »
Medicine Buddha in a CD...sounds interesting Joe.[8D]  

Would love to hear more details about the cd if you're inclined to share about it.  If its personal no problem.[;)]

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

lalow33

Advice on core practice
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 11:55:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Hi, I've recently started backing off practices after having started on 20 mins DM and 5 mins SBP so I reduced to ten mins DM and 3 mins SBP and I was still overloading so I dropped DM to 8.

Now I've dropped deep meditation all together and just do SBP but it still isnt balanced.

Last night was a night of sleepless ecstasy which gradually began to lose its fun.

Does anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe dropping the spb to 3 min and either leaving at that. I can't seem to practice the breath meditation as i just can't settle.

Should I have waited longer before adding spb, I thought the two core practices worked hand in hand.

I think this message seems a bit garbled which seems to reflect my nervous system.

Joe

I switched to breath meditation.  It took a while for me to settle into it.  Nice and smooth now.  Probably best to give smaller amounts of DM/SBP or DM alone a try first.

BillinL.A.

Advice on core practice
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 03:09:39 AM »
Looks good...thanks Joe![:)]

JosephUK

Advice on core practice
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:59 AM »
yeh its found on the samye ling website so i guess someone with quite a lot of spiritual acumen has decided its good.

http://www.samyeling.org/

there is a shop link on the homepage.

joe

tonightsthenight

Advice on core practice
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 08:08:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Joe

Less is more!

Anima

Advice on core practice
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
Namaste.

Im not meditating regularly right now. You are your best judge in this case. For me, growth lies in developing grounded regularity, not energy practices (although related). There is no rush. If you want to take a break and feel its a wise idea, there is support for that here, too.

Love